Attack on Completion 2022 ( And so It Begins)

On 10/6/2022 at 10:31 PM, ACA5632 said:

Update #4

I did it! I've reached my goal of 90% completion! But I am still aiming higher. Maybe I can reach 92% before the end of the year so now I will try for that. Here are the games I got 100% completion on since my last update:

Congrats! Always good to hit the goal/milestone!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Not a real update this week.

I have been playing Resident Evil Revelations 2 on the PSTV. Game is very doable, the medals...are...not. I don't mind difficult trophies/games. But these medals are pointless and some unfair. Kind of hate trophies that make you play in a certain way (get x kills with this weapon, etc.. In this game for instance get x amount of kills with secondary weapons (molotovs etc.) while not giving the material to make them in the chapter itself, forcing you to replay chapters over and over again to bring them with you. Highlight is that you first have to get enemies together, like cattle, in order to get to required amount of kills. Nothing to do with survival horror for me.....

I am at a point that I really am fed up with this game and trophies in general. 

Need a break from this

Keep at it brother. Only another 10 weeks to go! ??

• Like 1

Alrighty, here is my recap of the last 9 days.

Weekend before last quite a bit happened. For starters I finished Bioshock Infinite 100%. Burial at Sea Part 2 was pretty good. I did enjoy Part 1 more as 1998 mode, while challenging and staying true to Elizabeth's character, was a bit tedious at times. The story itself was interesting but I feel like it might have messed some things up for the original, I will have to see when I go back to it for my profile's 15th anniversary. I will say though, hearing a Big Daddy groaning and stomping around the map while exploring was tense and great! After that I mopped up the last trophy in Clash in the Clouds DLC for 100%. Then I went back to Up and got the last trophy there and snagged the platinum to keep my at least one a month platinum streak alive. 

There I was, first day of the month and 2 games that had been on my backlog for years were now stricken from the list. Feeling good about it, I went to CoD Black Ops 2 to try and do a little more, at some point I came across a hacker and got a boatload of trophies. Having earned the other trophies and not willing to redo them I synced my trophies then hid BLOPS2. 

Moving on from there, I started working on cleaning up Lego Dimensions, after all I didn't dig out those sets for nothing. I have completed the 2 DLC's I have and am around half way through the main campaign. So, now I am a mere 0.08% away from 91% overall completion, adjusting for the hidden game, I will need almost 92% to meet my 5% goal. This will probably take around 75-80 more trophies to reach said goal!

@CptToffer I played Overcooked with my family and ended up soloing it by myself. I recommend just looking up a YouTube solo guide, there are like only 1 or 2 challenging levels to 3 star solo. Plus the score needed is at its lowest when solo.

@Squirlruler Demon Souls for Platinum #125 is very nice.

• Like 4

Update 39. 10/10/2022
Starting PCG    50.02%
Previous Week 56.47%
Current PCG    56.40%
Goal = 60%

Games -
Criminal Girls 1% 2%
Darkest Dungeon 13% 14%
Deathverse: Let it Die 9% 14%
Hot Wheels Unleashed 0% 18%
Tom Clancy's The Division 11% 13%

Made a little progress on a few different games, but I also started Hot Wheels Unleashed so that dropped my completion PCG. I'm having fun with it so I don't mind the drop too much. The game that has been taking up most of my time is Deathverse. After the shaky launch, the servers have been mostly and it's been super quick to get into matches. The gameplay and smaller number of players (just 16 people) have really clicked with me. I even picked up the season pass which I rarely do in F2P games. The only downside is there's no platinum trophy. Oh well. I doubt I'll ever get the 100 wins trophy, but everything else on the list seems doable.

Plans for this week are to keep playing Hot Wheels and Deathverse, as well as some Criminal Girls for the Fall challenge. Not enjoying that one at all, but the backlog must be purged so I can buy a PS5 next year.

Take care!

Edited by Static_Rook
formatting
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

Alrighty, here is my recap of the last 9 days.

Weekend before last quite a bit happened. For starters I finished Bioshock Infinite 100%. Burial at Sea Part 2 was pretty good. I did enjoy Part 1 more as 1998 mode, while challenging and staying true to Elizabeth's character, was a bit tedious at times. The story itself was interesting but I feel like it might have messed some things up for the original, I will have to see when I go back to it for my profile's 15th anniversary. I will say though, hearing a Big Daddy groaning and stomping around the map while exploring was tense and great! After that I mopped up the last trophy in Clash in the Clouds DLC for 100%. Then I went back to Up and got the last trophy there and snagged the platinum to keep my at least one a month platinum streak alive. 

There I was, first day of the month and 2 games that had been on my backlog for years were now stricken from the list. Feeling good about it, I went to CoD Black Ops 2 to try and do a little more, at some point I came across a hacker and got a boatload of trophies. Having earned the other trophies and not willing to redo them I synced my trophies then hid BLOPS2. 

Moving on from there, I started working on cleaning up Lego Dimensions, after all I didn't dig out those sets for nothing. I have completed the 2 DLC's I have and am around half way through the main campaign. So, now I am a mere 0.08% away from 91% overall completion, adjusting for the hidden game, I will need almost 92% to meet my 5% goal. This will probably take around 75-80 more trophies to reach said goal!

@CptToffer I played Overcooked with my family and ended up soloing it by myself. I recommend just looking up a YouTube solo guide, there are like only 1 or 2 challenging levels to 3 star solo. Plus the score needed is at its lowest when solo.

@Squirlruler Demon Souls for Platinum #125 is very nice.

Thanks for the heads up on Overcooked, brother. I might just go ahead and do that next! 

Sorry to hear about the hacking nonsense. That sucks.

• Like 1

@CptToffer saw this in the overcooked guide:

WARNING: if you are playing in co-op only the host of the game will earn the final two trophies Gold All the Trimmings (3 star every kitchen) and Silver Hero of Thyme (finish the final level).

probably hard to find a partner.

@da-Noob123 which video guide for overcooked do you recommend?

18 hours ago, CptToffer said:

Keep at it brother. Only another 10 weeks to go! 1f62c.png1f44d.png

I will ?, got it finally done. You need to shoot in a certain sequence eyes on this mini boss to get a medal. Problem was that the game didn't give me a hint which eye to shoot after 2 or 3 destroyed eyes. You play with two character and you need to swap from one to another, one does point the weak spot the other shoots it. Good old internet helped me when I saw a video that gave me the sequence, so I just followed that and pop...gold medal was there!

But ventilating my grief here did help to reset my mood ? ?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

@CptToffer @gladiatorrrrrrr

Honestly I just went to the YT app on my phone and searched: "overcooked solo 3 stars." I just did it again and it looks like most of the videos I used were posted by: "Johnny Bolton."

Tried going back to Overcooked last year but gave up trying to do it solo at level 4, no idea why I didn't think to look for a video guide that's made the thought of going back to it again and actually finishing it a lot more bearable :lol:

Edited by MD_91

4 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

mr Bolton it is! Thanks!

Happy to help!

3 hours ago, MD_91 said:

Tried going back to Overcooked last year but gave up trying to do it solo at level 4, no idea why I didn't think to look for a video guide that's made the thought of going back to it again and actually finishing it a lot more bearable :lol:

Yeah, due to the time restrictions you need to follow very specific paths for some of the levels. I remember one of the levels on the ship where the waves shift some sections you had to be spot on every time or you'd fail no matter what. Think that level in particular is what made me look up video guides.

It's a great pary game, even when it devolves to yelling at everyone else but the coordination needed for multiple people is super tough. Solo is the way to go. Looking forward to the PS5 version with both games once I get one. 

• Like 1

I was doing some Overcooked last night off the back of @da-Noob123 and @gladiatorrrrrrr recommending a YouTube guide. Figured I'd see how I got on solo first. Did okay. Got three levels done with three stars and then, a god damn mouse appeared in the room and was swiftly chased back out to the small hole in the bathroom it crawled out from.

So my day has been mostly dealing with that and the associated anxiety. Full disclosure, we don't live in a total dump or are unclean folk. We just back onto a lot of wooded areas and it happens from time to time. Highly frustrating.

But yes, that and Helldivers last night which was fun but I need a Team to get that platinum. That ain't a solo effort ?

• Like 2

Whelp, been away a little from this thread but I'm back... let's see, I got the Platinum in Elden Ring and totally in awe of just how good that game was on PS4 - I had to spend a few days decompressing and watching other videos on peoples playthroughs to see how they tackled things and I certainly felt I had a harder time than them... does also make me want to go restart/complete Bloodborne (Watchdog stumped me to rage quit originally), start Sekiro and Dark Souls 3 both of which I own but not yet played.

Since last update I also started both Resi 2 Remake and Borderlands 2, the former of which I am through 1 of the playthroughs down, so currently hovering around 33% complete.  Borderlands has taken a backseat to finishing the story for Destiny 2 season 18, I don't know why but I cannot escape this game, its simply too enjoyable once you committed time to get a good selection of weapons/mods and a nice clan to play casually with.  I also have been working towards the Final Fantasy XIV platinum for PS4, i'm estimating it will take me until beginning of Dec for the time gated leves trophy... I'm planning to have at least completed Heavensward main quest in that time, again no trophys but just interesting story.  If I can knock out Resi 2, Borderlands 2, FFXIV and Little Nightmares 2 (going to start this week as part of Spooktober) by the end of the year then I should have a pretty good year end completion close to my original goal.  Great event and has led to me actually enjoying most games a lot more once I went off the main path for their trophys, has probably been my most hunty year to date!

Started: 75.09%

Last time: 82.52%

Current: 81.43% 

New games started: no comment...

Milestones: Elden Ring platinum whoop!

• Like 3

i going to platinum detroit become human persona 5 and nier automata i have been thinking and i going to platinum those games and i saw the playstationstars this morning its with coins so but i want to back with trophie hunting but cant find a game to finish so but my progress with lego marvel super heroes 1 is 32 percent i platinum that game instead of detroit become human persona 5 and nier automata those games i do but after lego marvel super heroes i want a finished trophielist but half to start with maybe i am not so good in gaming but i do my best for to unlocking those trophies ?????but my problem was started way to many games never finished them i got 13 platinum trophies from290 games played  so its to low from now on i going to play games and unlocking those platinum trophies i did a research on google so now i know basically everithing from trophie hunting but i going to do practice and put alot of hours i am on 3000 hours from the games 

Edited by sword-blaster45
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Arophous said:

Whelp, been away a little from this thread but I'm back... let's see, I got the Platinum in Elden Ring and totally in awe of just how good that game was on PS4 - I had to spend a few days decompressing and watching other videos on peoples playthroughs to see how they tackled things and I certainly felt I had a harder time than them... does also make me want to go restart/complete Bloodborne (Watchdog stumped me to rage quit originally), start Sekiro and Dark Souls 3 both of which I own but not yet played.

Since last update I also started both Resi 2 Remake and Borderlands 2, the former of which I am through 1 of the playthroughs down, so currently hovering around 33% complete.  Borderlands has taken a backseat to finishing the story for Destiny 2 season 18, I don't know why but I cannot escape this game, its simply too enjoyable once you committed time to get a good selection of weapons/mods and a nice clan to play casually with.  I also have been working towards the Final Fantasy XIV platinum for PS4, i'm estimating it will take me until beginning of Dec for the time gated leves trophy... I'm planning to have at least completed Heavensward main quest in that time, again no trophys but just interesting story.  If I can knock out Resi 2, Borderlands 2, FFXIV and Little Nightmares 2 (going to start this week as part of Spooktober) by the end of the year then I should have a pretty good year end completion close to my original goal.  Great event and has led to me actually enjoying most games a lot more once I went off the main path for their trophys, has probably been my most hunty year to date!

Started: 75.09%

Last time: 82.52%

Current: 81.43% 

New games started: no comment...

Milestones: Elden Ring platinum whoop!

how do you back up your gamesaves with a usb ore from the ps plus cloud ?

On 10/12/2022 at 10:16 AM, CptToffer said:

I was doing some Overcooked last night off the back of @da-Noob123 and @gladiatorrrrrrr recommending a YouTube guide. Figured I'd see how I got on solo first. Did okay. Got three levels done with three stars and then, a god damn mouse appeared in the room and was swiftly chased back out to the small hole in the bathroom it crawled out from.

So my day has been mostly dealing with that and the associated anxiety. Full disclosure, we don't live in a total dump or are unclean folk. We just back onto a lot of wooded areas and it happens from time to time. Highly frustrating.

But yes, that and Helldivers last night which was fun but I need a Team to get that platinum. That ain't a solo effort 1f605.png

I thought you were talking about one of the mice in Overcooked.  ?

I feel your pain though, I have had to trap a couple mice in my time.

Last night I managed to get 6 trophies in Lego Dimensions and when I checked my stats this morning, I saw that I was was at 91.01% and under 800 unearned trophies! I never thought that I would be able to reach such numbers, really glad I joined this event. 

@Shadowlord87 Fallout New Vegas might be next up on my hit list. As I recall you 100% it this year, have any pointers?

Edited by da-Noob123
  • Like 3