Attack on Completion 2022 ( And so It Begins)

On 11/8/2022 at 9:27 AM, Arophous said:

A bit of slow progress last couple of weeks, my fault for getting carried away with Season and Event stuff in Destiny 2, managed to get the event title ‘Ghost Writer’ whilst it was around but did eat into playtime considerably.

Alongside I managed to spend a bunch of evenings and mornings on Persona 5, which I finally finish a playthrough of!!! What a great JRPG - it’s a slog due to not being action packed so just be prepared to spend near 100 hours if you read everything to get the true ending. I swear I though it was over and I had like 20 hours more 1f605.png. I’ve decided to park the game for a future platinum, want to get Final Fantasy X done before it and need a long break before returning.

So where next? I’ve decided Bloodborne will be my 50th plat, so going to shoot for Borderlands 2 now and expect Final Fantasy XIV to be either 48 or 49 depending on how quick Borderlands 2 is. Hoping I may actually reach 85% by end of the year if I can focus a little now. 

Have a good week all!

Started: 75.09%

Last time: 82.69%

Current: 82.96% 

New games started: none

Milestones: finished an actual playthrough of Persona 5 1f389.png , started in 2019.

good luck with your platinum trophies i am on other account playing dbz kakarot thar would be my first platinum trophie and then my next game wil be gta 3 definitieve edition normally if i dont change my mind but i like my other psn account i want to finish of my disc games and i played also persona 5 the original but i going to play that game when i have done my first two games dbz kakarot and gta 3 

I bought BioShock and it's DLC digitally on the PS3 and I completed the 4 trophies for the first of the 3 challenge rooms. It took longer than I thought it would and it was stupidly hard for me. Part of it was being unfamiliar with the controls the other was the clunky nature the game, getting caught on walls, railings, anything really which was frustrating. At the end of 2 hours though I had gotten the 4 trophies I sought and that brought my total overall completion to 91.76% meaning it's done.

I have reached and surpassed my 5% goal.

I plan on getting 100% for BioShock this December on my 14th anniversary of first playing it which will officially make it my longest 100% completion. I will also finish off the platinum in RE7 this month hopefully. Beyond that, I think I will play some new games in earnest.

• Like 4

This month I am moving so I have been pretty tired from that and gaming time has been pretty limited. I wasn't really eager to playthrough RE7 on Madhouse difficulty but it's a short game that fits in my limited available time. It was definitely a challenge but once again, with Optinooby's guide I persevered through it. The platinum is mine but having achieved my 5% goal I don't know that I will bother with the free Not a Hero DLC - I'm kinda over RE7 and don't want to look at it anymore. 

Time allowing I might do or work on another of the BioShock challenge rooms to help insure I get 100% on its 14th anniversary, they are harder then I thought they would be.

Beyond that, I don't know. I need 1 more platinum next month to keep my streak alive and I think at least 3 more to keep my streak of at least 20 platinums a year going. Really hoping Santa ? brings me God of War: Ragnarok.

Edited by da-Noob123
  • Like 4

Update 17

New Games started:

Month: 139-->139 (+0)

Year: 120--->139  (+19)

Plats Earned:

Month: 98--->100 (+2)

Year: 75--->100 (+25)

100%'s Earned:

Month: (119--->121) (+2)

Year: (87--->121) (+34)

Completion Percentage: 

Month: 86.59% --> 87.87% (+1.28%)

Year: 78.83% --> 87.87% (+9.04%)

Goal: 85% ---- (+2.87% beyond goal)

New Stretch Goal: 90% --- (2.13% to go)

Games I played this month:

Sff4cbc.png Onrush (PS4) 13% --> 100% Plat #99 achieved!

I got this one done just at the end of last month. I really enjoyed it and now that I've played it I'm kind of bummed it apparently didn't find an audience since it's actually really fun and a nice departure from typical racing games. I had a buddy that played it too, so we did a lot of the challenges together and didn't have a hard time like some have reported. It's too bad it's shutting down, but if it hadn't been for it's impending shut down, I likely never would've gotten around to pulling it off of my backlog. There's still time for anyone who hasn't started it yet. I found it worth the time!

S8f7263.png It Takes Two (PS4) 14% --> 14%

No movement here. My wife and I haven't found time to play this month. Hopefully that changes this month!

S1b8a08.png Kingdom Hearts II (PS4) 17% --> 100% Plat #100 achieved!

Finally hit the #100 milestone! I've been saving this game for number 100 since it's one of my favorites. I haven't played it since it released in 2004 or 2005 I think, so it was very nostalgic to revisit it. I remember when this came out. It was the first game I had ever pre-ordered (on PS2) and I skipped my college classes and played it almost straight through to the credits of the course of 48ish hours. Great memories! This time I played it with my kids. I decided to do 2 playthroughs, with the first one on normal. I figured my kids just wanted to watch the story unfold and didn't need to be a part of the frustration of the critical mode playthrough. Once I got the first playthrough done I made my way through on critical. I honestly had more trouble with the first 5-6 hours than with the final part of the game. I think after playing through on an easier difficulty you don't have to really pay attention to game mechanics and can basically mash "x" the whole way through. Critical mode made me actually learn the mechanics of the game, and instead of being frustrating, was a much more satisfying experience. I thouroughly enjoyed my time with it. Now to decide how long to wait before I start Birth by Sleep. I haven't played that one before.... anyone here can give it a thumbs up or down compared to the first games?

Up Next:

- It Takes Two - I WILL make time this month to play this game with my wife.

- I'd like to play an easy quick game this month before I start anything that big. I've wanted to play that PS Plus game Toem that was last month, so maybe that's what I do next.

- I also will probably start a new game to play with my kids.... I'm thinking it's time to complete the original Sly Cooper trilogy, so Sly 3 is likely being started soon.

- I'm debating what my next big-ish backlog cleanup project will be. I want to clean one up that has online trophies... I'm down to either The Last of Us Remastered or Tooth & Tail. We will see.

Can anyone give an idea of how much time I'll need to plan on to complete the Last of Us online stuff? Thanks in advance!

Anyways, hope all is well with you guys. Good luck in your trophy hunting endeavors!

Edited by Llobster12
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Llobster12 said:

Can anyone give an idea of how much time I'll need to plan on to complete the Last of Us online stuff? Thanks in advance!

You'll find some good info here about TLOUR in 2022. Overall, I found the MP to be ok, my first Journey on the PS3, I had a pretty good time but it became quite monotonous as time went on. (One Journey is 12 weeks and each game is 1 day, you need to go through a Journey with both factions.) On plus side, the DLC MP trophies are easier than the one's on the PS3. If you focus on doing 1 week aka 7 games a night, you could get it done in 24 days - so you'd finish in early December. Total time would probably be around 24-30 or so hours.

Congratulations on finishing KHII!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

You'll find some good info here about TLOUR in 2022. Overall, I found the MP to be ok, my first Journey on the PS3, I had a pretty good time but it became quite monotonous as time went on. (One Journey is 12 weeks and each game is 1 day, you need to go through a Journey with both factions.) On plus side, the DLC MP trophies are easier than the one's on the PS3. If you focus on doing 1 week aka 7 games a night, you could get it done in 24 days - so you'd finish in early December. Total time would probably be around 24-30 or so hours.

Congratulations on finishing KHII!

Thanks so much for that, that'll give me some good info to go off of! I'm bracing myself for the grind. Although I gather a lot of people still play it, so it must be a reasonably fun grind, right?

10 hours ago, Llobster12 said:

Thanks so much for that, that'll give me some good info to go off of! I'm bracing myself for the grind. Although I gather a lot of people still play it, so it must be a reasonably fun grind, right?

PS3 or PS4? I did the PS4 one, have finished all MP trophies (still need to finish the SP). Did some boosting sessions for the more specific trophies (5 take downs on map XYZ, etc.) . After that I did just played normal and really enjoyed the MP to be honest. It is not so hard to get it done.

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr
  • Like 1

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (97% -> 100%):

Got the milestone and was able to pop this shortly after. 

Grim Fandango (10% -> 100%):

Meh. I think a problem for me is if the VN has a ton of missable trophies I use a guide and that makes it less fun. Oh well. Was able to use this to get my trophy count up to get the milestone.

Borderlands 3 (42% -> 68%):

And Milestone get! Have continued to play this, finished the first two DLCs and now on the third. Still waiting for the season 2 pass to be a reasonable price (honestly anything above $10 is not reasonable), and until that happens this game won't hit 100%. Oh well. It should be like 75-80% once I finish these last two DLCs. 

A Rose in the Twilight (0% -> 12%):

New Vita game. Very much enjoy this style of game and it is so dark. So dark. Love it. 

So I ended up caving and getting the minecraft dungeons DLC pack, so I will be playing that a bit more once some of the other games calm down. The season exp is still stupid slow. Clearing one level on the hardest difficulty is like 1/2 a bar of season exp... So dumb. Need to see if people have found a good way of grinding that out. At least you can choose which season to gain exp for and not miss out on trophies. That is nice.

• Like 4

Update #40:

Starting completion rate (from the beginning of the year) : 55.12%

Current completion rate : 60.11% (-0.15% from last update ~ +4.99% from start)

Target rate: 63.12% (8% increase)

Little drop this week as I finally started Babylon's Fall, also I went for the free game AdVenture Captalist which should be fast but the last trophy ended up taking the whole week so this definitely didn't help me to get back to my previous %, hopefully next week will be better

• Overwatch - Completed (undone by last update)
  • Assassin's Creed 3 - Completed
  • Driver San Francisco - Safe, all online trophies completed
  • Everybody's Golf - Completed
  • Super Bomberman R - Halfway done (Due December 1st)
  • Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation -  Safe, all online trophies completed
  • Dante's Inferno -  Completed
  • Babylon's Fall -  Started (Due February 23th)
  • Far Cry 2 -  Started (No date announced but may go down soon)

Completed this week:

AdVenture Captalist - PS4 - This one actually started a little fun but quickly became quite boring, the last trophy is way more demanding than the guide says and was a pain, it is free though

Progress this week:

Babylon's Fall - PS5 - 6% - This game actually seems fun but it is clear how badly optimized it was and the graphics are strange and clunky, it is quite a shame

Completed games during the event:

Spoiler
  1. Guacamelee! 2 - PS4
  2. Rain - PS3
  3. Batman: The Telltale Series - PS4

4. Frobisher Says! - PSVITA

5. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - PS3

6. Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse - PS3

7. The Playroom - PS4

8. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - PS3

9. Murdered: Soul Suspect - PS4

10. Ark: Survival Evolved - PS4

11. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone - PS4

12. The Pillars of the Earth - PS4

13. Journey - PS4

14. Journey - PS3

15. One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows - PS4

16. Dragon Fantasy Book I - PSVITA

17. Rochard - PS3

18. Spyro the Dragon Remake - PS4

19. Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness - PS4

20. Sly 2: Band of Thieves HD - PS3

21. Concrete Genie - PS4

22. Costume Quest 2 - PS4

23. The Playroom VR - PSVR

24. Super Bomberman R Online - PS4

25. The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 - PS3

26. Never Alone - PS4

27. A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV - PS4

28. The Unfinished Swan - PS3

29. The Order: 1886 - PS4

30. Rime - PS4

31. Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl - PS5

32. Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl - PS4

33. Overwatch: Origins Edition - PS4

34. Child of Light - PS4

35. Operation Tango - PS5

36. TOEM - PS5

37. Everybody's Golf - PS4

38. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - PS4

39. Dante's Inferno - PS3

40. Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded - PS3

41. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - PS3

42. Batman: The Enemy Within - PS4

43. Cuties Hacked - PS5

44. First Class Trouble - PS5

45. Autumn's Journey - PS4

46. Cuties Hacked - PS4

47. Adam's Venture: Origins - PS4

48. First Class Trouble - PS4

49. Assassin's Creed 3 - PS3

50. AdVenture Captalist - PS4

• Like 4

3 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

PS3 or PS4? I did the PS4 one, have finished all MP trophies (still need to finish the SP). Did some boosting sessions for the more specific trophies (5 take downs on map XYZ, etc.) . After that I did just played normal and really enjoyed the MP to be honest. It is not so hard to get it done.

It's the PS4 version. That's good to know the MP is pretty enjoyable. Thanks for letting me know, now I'll look forward to it rather than brace myself for it. ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Llobster12 said:

Last I played, it was still very active and I am sure those that really loved it are still playing it.

I really enjoyed my first Journey through it but part way through my second Journey I failed a mission and my progress was wiped. After that it was a drag. Then when I came back to it for the PS4 stack it was just a grind for the trophies. 

Also, I played more of a support role which can get boring over time. It's a lot more fun when you can kick some butt instead of being handed your own.

• Like 1

Update 44. 11/14/2022
Starting PCG    50.02%
Previous Week 56.67%
Current PCG    56.69%
Goal = 60%

Games -
Criminal Girls 5% 7%
Dragon Ball: The Breakers 18% 25%
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 5% 12%

Still playing and enjoying Dragon Ball The Breakers, and it even got me to go back and mess around with DB Xenoverse. I doubt I'll get the platinum in either, but if I can get them above 60% completion I'll be happy. Finally getting near the end of the main game in Criminal Girls so I'll actually start unlocking some silver trophies for it soon. Then I'll just have the post-game stuff to complete and I'll finally be done with this tedious slog of a game. Also still playing a bunch of Modern Warfare II but no trophies to show for it, just leveling up guns and unlocking camos. I'll get back to the campaign one of these days...

Have a good week!

• Like 4

Spent the last week going back to driveclub and cleaning up the dlc trophies I didn't bother with when I first played it and I'd forgotten how much value gold trophies have, I only earned 23 trophies but with 15 of them being gold it's increased my completion by almost half a percent

The 1 million rotations grind in Tetris Effect is worse than I thought it was going to be and has me considering buying a turbo controller, I was 484k away when I'd finished everything else 2 weeks ago and am down to 350k now, I can do about 600 a minute if I'm button mashing fast but after 15 to 20 mins I've had enough for the day lol

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MD_91 said:

The 1 million rotations grind in Tetris Effect is worse than I thought it was going to be and has me considering buying a turbo controller, I was 484k away when I'd finished everything else 2 weeks ago and am down to 350k now, I can do about 600 a minute if I'm button mashing fast but after 15 to 20 mins I've had enough for the day lol

I always end up watching a show if I am doing something this mindless. I have gotten through many hours of podcasts this way lmao. GL.

• Like 3

Hello everybody!

Too much business travel so hardly time for any gaming sessions. And since I have managed to get to the 5% increase I think I a will be focusing on games that only have a couple of trophies left or some DLC. Good moment to wrap that up and leave some large back log games for next year's event! And maybe start some new games that are on that back log list....

Resident Evil - Revelations 2 - PSVita

Getting closer to the finish with this one. But currently being stopped of progressing as my game keeps crashing on the same point. Need to figure out how to by-pass that.

Far Cry 5 + DLC (3/4) -PS4

I have one trophy left; playing the game on infamous difficulty. I have finished 2 of the 3 sectors so getting there...must say that I am actually enjoying this revisit. Setting of this Far Cry is great.

No progress

Call of Duty MW3 + DLC (0/4) - PS3

Steamworld Dig - PSVita

Current status

games.png

Plans for next week

- continue RE Rev 2 - PSVita

- finish Far Cry last DLC

Happy trophy hunting everybody!

• Like 3

i going to do the missable trophies from devil may cry 5 and then i continue with mission 15 wich i am now but and then the other playtroughs devil hunter son of sparda hell and hell dante must die and heaven or hell mode just 5 playtroughs left for to fully complete the game i have also started with gta 3 older version and have been playing far cry primal aswell but main focus is getting the devil may cry 5 playtroughs done 

1 hour ago, sword-blaster45 said:

my completion percentage is going up i am trying to reach 25%completion percentage but i dont add games anymore so i only do the games that are standing in my trophielist now i hope i can unlock more platinum trophies currently 13 platinum trophies 

Some games that will be easy to finish but just a little grind

Ratchet & Clank (2016) - Just going back to each world and being methodical should get you all the trophies : 10 hours max

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Complete the story and a lot of the side missions will come on the way, the MP is always a pain but you can clear up all the SP trophies easily : 25 hours

Assassin's Creed II - Collecting the feathers is a bit of a pain, but will be easy to do : 3 hours max

Uncharted 3 - Completing the game on any difficulty will unlock many of the trophies, the Crushing playthrough may take some time but you can do all the clean up before starting that last : 15 hours

Minecraft Story Mode - If you have all the episodes, this will take 10 hours max to get the Platinum, a little bit longer for the 100% if you have the DLC but there is only 1 missable-ish trophy to look out for

3 LEGO games (Jurassic World, Harry Potter Yrs 5-7, The Movie: The Videogame) - Easy to clear up, may take some time in freeplay but each mission takes 20 minutes : 40 hours for all 3 games

Batman: AA and AC - I will always recommend completing the Batman games as they are favourites of mine. Completing the game doesn't take that long, the Riddler trophies and the side missions are what takes the most time. I enjoyed playing them though : 20 hours Arkham Asylum, 40 hours Arkham City.

Tekken 7 - Doing the online battles will not take that much time at all, the rest seem like just a little grind and you are all finished : 5 hours

Conan Exiles - Doing what is left on your list will not take more than an hour if you use the Admin Panel. The last trophy needs someone to stand on and you have a nice easy Plat : 2 hours

Rocket League - Nearly all trophies you can get in Exhibition with one bot to make it all easier. 10 hours to Plat

5 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Some games that will be easy to finish but just a little grind

Ratchet & Clank (2016) - Just going back to each world and being methodical should get you all the trophies : 10 hours max

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Complete the story and a lot of the side missions will come on the way, the MP is always a pain but you can clear up all the SP trophies easily : 25 hours

Assassin's Creed II - Collecting the feathers is a bit of a pain, but will be easy to do : 3 hours max

Uncharted 3 - Completing the game on any difficulty will unlock many of the trophies, the Crushing playthrough may take some time but you can do all the clean up before starting that last : 15 hours

Minecraft Story Mode - If you have all the episodes, this will take 10 hours max to get the Platinum, a little bit longer for the 100% if you have the DLC but there is only 1 missable-ish trophy to look out for

3 LEGO games (Jurassic World, Harry Potter Yrs 5-7, The Movie: The Videogame) - Easy to clear up, may take some time in freeplay but each mission takes 20 minutes : 40 hours for all 3 games

Batman: AA and AC - I will always recommend completing the Batman games as they are favourites of mine. Completing the game doesn't take that long, the Riddler trophies and the side missions are what takes the most time. I enjoyed playing them though : 20 hours Arkham Asylum, 40 hours Arkham City.

Tekken 7 - Doing the online battles will not take that much time at all, the rest seem like just a little grind and you are all finished : 5 hours

Conan Exiles - Doing what is left on your list will not take more than an hour if you use the Admin Panel. The last trophy needs someone to stand on and you have a nice easy Plat : 2 hours

Rocket League - Nearly all trophies you can get in Exhibition with one bot to make it all easier. 10 hours to Plat

alright thanks i finish those games but ratchet and clank i going to start with that one

On 18-11-2022 at 1:16 PM, sword-blaster45 said:

alright thanks i finish those games but ratchet and clank i going to start with that one

you're list is daunting but also very doable gameas on it as @Psy-Tychistpointed out. Just don't hop too much from game to game. Focus on 1 max 3 at the time. Finish them and move on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

you're list is daunting but also very doable gameas on it as @Psy-Tychistpointed out. Just don't hop too much from game to game. Focus on 1 max 3 at the time. Finish them and move on.

alright i do 1 game at a time now since i do not start and play and not finish it now 1 game at a time and i have finished the story mode from devil may cry 5 and unlocked a very dificult trophie battle for the ages but devil may cry 5 is a future platinum i dident got much time for to play games but today i start with ratchet and clank 

4 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

i think that was my biggest mistake i have done hop to much between games but now i play 1 game at a time i have learned much about trophie hunting thanks to you guys and i watched some youtubevideos about trophie hunting i thought more knowledge about trophie hunting is a best way to startmy completion percentage is low i know that but that is also because by playing to many games and not finishing them off and some games i cant do them anymore from ps3 because they are sold and i have sold also fifa 20