Attack on Completion 2022 ( And so It Begins)

1 minute ago, gruffiiti said:

At least F rank (0%) games dont affect your completion. I went one step further this year and popped 1 or 2 trophies in a dozen games I plan on playing this year just so I would make sure I would get to them. Yeah my completion tanked by about 7% :rolleyes:

based af

1 hour ago, Pauloxzak said:

A question open to everyone: Do you guys just play anything you'd like or do you actually consider what's easier to be completed first / has a higher completion % atm? 

Not that I mean to be completed focused on raising the % but I'd mix things up maybe having one easy game followed by a long one that I really want to play right now, however for that I really would love to have something like the "trophy advisor" from the profile that actually shows me the easier ones but for that I'd also have to sync a bunch of F rank games to efficiently use that tool.

What you guys think about it and would you rather sync all those Fs?

I don't add lists I don't intend to complete. So I wouldn't do this. I don't use the trophy advisor either soooo lol

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CptToffer said:

Congrats! 

Thank you. :)

1 hour ago, Pauloxzak said:

A question open to everyone: Do you guys just play anything you'd like or do you actually consider what's easier to be completed first / has a higher completion % atm? 

Not that I mean to be completed focused on raising the % but I'd mix things up maybe having one easy game followed by a long one that I really want to play right now, however for that I really would love to have something like the "trophy advisor" from the profile that actually shows me the easier ones but for that I'd also have to sync a bunch of F rank games to efficiently use that tool.

I would not sync all those Fs. I tend to stick to a couple of games until I hit a roadblock (KH III - beating Yozora ?) and then start like 3 games at once :D

I occasionally look at "what's easier to be completed first" but more out of curiosity.

Edited by RikuKelev
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pauloxzak said:

Can't you delete the F rank games from your trophy list until you get around to starting them, the trophy advisor was very helpful for me when I first decided to go back to a bunch of old games 

40 minutes ago, RikuKelev said:

I would not sync all those Fs. I tend to stick to a couple of games until I hit a roadblock (KH III - beating Yozora ?) and then start like 3 games at once :D

I occasionally look at "what's easier to be completed first" but more out of curiosity.

Yeah I tend to stick to them until I finish

20 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

Can't you delete the F rank games from your trophy list until you get around to starting them, the trophy advisor was very helpful for me when I first decided to go back to a bunch of old games 

Dunno, I never tried to hide/delete anything from my list, I wish there was a functionality similar to the trophy advisor but that we could manually add the games we want and it can show us time and difficult for the game

Actually thinking about it now, I saw a guy in the forums that created a script that added custom lists to PSNP and other functionality, so maybe something could be created in the same manner

Yeah i should probably make better use of the trophy advisor but it's mostly PS3 games that I don't own, that I couldn't get the platinum for, like Modnation Racers. 

In other news, I took the plunge today and started another new game - Deep Rock Galactic. Foolish really - I do love it on PC and the chance to platinum it will be amazing but will likely take the 35 year old married, father of one, at least a couple of years to do. 

6 hours ago, Pauloxzak said:

Well, here is my actual "system" of working with my backlog. I try to complete the games in this order:

1.- Digital games (in both consoles), that is PS3 and PS4).

2.- Games on disc.

Well, right now with the PS Plus service and the free stuff Play Station gave because of the pandemic issue, i have a ton of digital stuff to complete. In this case, i try to complete the games starting with the platinum or percentage of completion that is higher on my yet to complete games. So, right now i'm completing The Walking Dead. Season 2 for the PS3 (only some trophies of episode 5 left) and i'm trying to tackle Horzion Zero Dawn: Complete Edition on the PS4. Also, having Genshin Impact as a "stress reliever" in case i get frustrated.

I got a few games off the holiday sale and finished another one, Bucket Knight. Looked like a fun retro platformer, but not much of a challenge at all. Not terrible for the price but not at all noteworthy.

No challenge points this time, but it gave me a little percentage boost at least.

I always remove 0% games so my advise would be not to add them to list. Makes it so messy

game sequence; I try not to play too many games at the same time. I noticed that when I focus on 1 or 2. I get them down. I do select one for each system I own ; PS3/PS4+PS5/PSVita. For me it doesn't matter if it a big or a small game. I just get it done. Right now I am working on Dead Nation (PS3) and Demon Souls (PS5). That's it.

As for games that you cannot get 100% anymore; I struggle with that too. It feels like a waste to spend time on them + they bump high in your list which gives you a lot of gaps. So I think I keep them for the very last; when I have finished everything that is 100% obtainable. In my case, somewhere 2025 ?

I do now make a habit of it to complete any new game I start. That helps a lot. This doesn't count for BF2042 as this is a game I just play for fun and the grindy trophies will pop automatically someday

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Geridian said:

Finally finished the Dark Forest DLC of Dante's Inferno.
Clearing time for 100%: 10 years and 6 months

Was never in the mood before to play the Dark Forest DLC.
Cleared the Trial Mode DLC in 2020, when the servers went back online after a longer outage.

With this, I think I completed the oldest game on my profile. .. Finally.

Ugh. I should try to get the dlc and finish this... I think the servers are still up but will need to create an EU account to get the dlc. Why delist sony, WHYYYYY

4 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

*Snip*

Noticed something funny in the DLC menu of the game itself.

• I have a German account as main account und bought this game digitally with all DLC [was named Dante's Inferno™ Super Bundle (Bundle) in the Store] in July 2019.
  • Changed the HDD in my main PS3 between finishing the Trails DLC in 2020 and today.
  • Because of this HDD change I noticed that I had not downloaded the Dark Forest DLC at all, only the base game.
  • So I went into the games menu and noticed that nearly all DLCs where listed, but not the Trials DLC.

Will check if the Trials DLC is still listed/downloadable outside of the game. >> /edit Trials of St Lucia DLC is still downloadable through the Download List on PS3!

But can't test more then the download because I deleted the game when I achieved the 100% ?.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Guess I will continue Bayonetta (PS3) next. It is in the making since 28th Jul 2010 (Yes.. my account has many skeletons in the closet ?).

Edited by Geridian
Information
  • Like 2

Update 1  : January 8th

Starting Completion percentage: 93.46%

Current Completion: 93.56 (+0.10%)

Outer Wilds 82% -> 100%
Lost Grimoires 3 0% -> 100%
Watch Dogs: Legion 83% -> 85%

Next week, I'm intending to Complete Watch Dogs Legion Bloodline, and do a Resistance Mode run, to get me up to 100%

• Like 4

On 7-1-2022 at 4:38 PM, Geridian said:

Finally finished the Dark Forest DLC of Dante's Inferno.
Clearing time for 100%: 10 years and 6 months

Was never in the mood before to play the Dark Forest DLC.
Cleared the Trial Mode DLC in 2020, when the servers went back online after a longer outage.

With this, I think I completed the oldest game on my profile. .. Finally (First trophy earned 25th Jun 2011 - 1:09:57 AM).

Do you need a save file from the base game in order to play the DLC?

Got 2 points coming to me. ?

Finished/Platted a new game on the profile this month: Doctor Who: The Lonely Assassins

The other point was for earning a trophy from each system. Two games were from Mike Bithell, the guy behind Thomas Was Not Alone: Volume (PSV) and The Solitaire Conspiracy (PS5). The others were Monsters vs. Aliens (PS3), and Neko Atsume (PS4)

• Like 3

UPDATE 1 08JAN2022

STARTING COMPLETION PERCENTAGE : 37.41 %

CURRENT COMPLETION : 37.76 %

GOAL COMPLETION : 50.00 % 

CURRENT GOAL :

100% THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 2 

100% FALLOUT 4 (DLC INCLUDED)

100% FALLOUT SHELTER

100% .HACK//G.U. LAST RECODE

100% SUBNAUTICA BELOW ZERO

100% TALES OF ZERSTIRIA 

100% HARVEST MOON LIGHT OF HOPE

Made the mistake of starting a couple games that set me back a little, would have been higher had I not done that. Mistakes were made, we'll get em next week.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Do you need a save file from the base game in order to play the DLC?

Stats, magic and everything else carries over from your base game safe file, so I would say: Yes, you need a base game save file.

++++++

Looks like I will split my gaming time for now between Mad Max, Tales of Arise and Bayonetta. 

Edited by Geridian
Information
  • Like 1

Just finished Shady Part of Me, cute puzzle/platformer but tons of collectibles. Bumped me up a bit to 79.24%.

One more challenge point for the month as well: Complete a game for another community event ( Level Up! 2022 )

10 more trophies for 100 for the month and 44 away from the 11,000 milestone

• Like 1

So all this talk of star wars battlefront 2 has made me bypass easy ps5 completions to atleast get the sp done. I will not go for many if any of the mp done for that game. I am fine with not having this platinum.

Will for sure be completing if not getting plat for

Outsiders

Terminator resistance

Kena

Avengers

Returnal

Sackboy

Hex tunnel vr

Lego marvel 1&2

Spyro 2

Soul calibur 6

Star wars the fallen order 

Will be making progress in the uncharted ps4 games

Tall order for the year but we shall see

• Like 2

1 hour ago, malachi1987 said:

So all this talk of star wars battlefront 2 has made me bypass easy ps5 completions to atleast get the sp done. I will not go for many if any of the mp done for that game. I am fine with not having this platinum.

Will for sure be completing if not getting plat for

Outsiders

Terminator resistance

Kena

Avengers

Returnal

Sackboy

Hex tunnel vr

Lego marvel 1&2

Spyro 2

Soul calibur 6

Star wars the fallen order 

Will be making progress in the uncharted ps4 games

Tall order for the year but we shall see

Solid list there. Fallen Order takes a while with all the collectables but its fun for the most part. Just a lot of back tracking. 

What I will say about the Battlefront 2 platinum is, if you're wanting to get it long term, get the SP done and then just play the multiplayer on Wednesdays only as it is triple XP day. Just an FYI :)

• Like 2