Goriest video games you’ve played

Gonzokillass

In terms of realistic violence, Manhunt 2 takes the cake, not the best game but damn the executions were amazing, I really doubt there will be ever a 3rd game, but if could choose any new rockstar game to be made I would choose Manhunt 3.

Another good one would be Hatred, good idea but terrible execution, not a big fan of isometric shooters.

1 hour ago, Ultraxian said:

I've seen a Serbian film so no game compares to that........yet.

A Serbian Film wasn't really 'gory' though was it?.. I just remember it being taboo...

I reckon from that era, stuff like Martyrs, Inside and Frontier(s) probably takes it for me on the "gore-in-movies" front!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

Not sure, but it must be either Doom 3 or Silent Hill: Homecoming. I've played other Silent Hill games as well as Resident Evil, but they did not feel too gory, even though they are when you think about it. Probably because the PS1-PS2 titles weren't too realistic, I don't know.

• Like 1

F.E.A.R. series rivals Soldier of Fortune, especially F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin. Besides the dismemberment, blood stains on enemy armor, gibs, and other weapon damage effects, there's also quite a bit of squick horror, and how Alma kills some NPCs.

Coming next year, Trepang2 looks like it may be poised to snatch the title. If you told me this one was F.E.A.R. 4, I'd almost believe you.

without a doubt, the goriest game I have played is Cyberpunk 2077. yes, there's always blood everywhere, but this one scene is by far the goriest scene in gaming.

In this mission you nail somebody you met to a cross (in first person), and crucify him. There is blood, you have to watch each nail pierce his skin as you hammer them in and you have to hear his agonizing screams. Even Johnny Silverhand acts respectfully as you do it, as he understands the weight of the situation.

Literally everything I see about this scene is people talking about how horrifying and shocking it was. Almost everybody is talking about how they had to take a break after playing this, if not putting down the game altogether. Surprised CDPR went this far and I love them for it.

Special mention: Doki Doki Literature Club:

Spoiler

I had to watch Sayori being hanged and Yuri stabbing herself probably around 20 times. It is the main reason I haven't earned any platinums in 2 months, made me wonder why I'm doing this.

Nice topic! Hope to find more of those fine  gory games in this thread! Love them. Guess I am one of those sick fucks.. ?

From the games I platted, I would say: god of war 3, DOOM 2016, DOOM Eternal, Splatterhouse (what a fun game), shadow warrior 2, Mortal kombat X, Mortal Kombat 11,  Wolfenstein: the new colossus and probably some more which are not "the goriest" but still gory.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2021 at 6:53 PM, Emillius-Maximus said:

Nice topic! Hope to find more of those fine  gory games in this thread! Love them. Guess I am one of those sick fucks.. 1f62c.png

From the games I platted, I would say: god of war 3, DOOM 2016, DOOM Eternal, Splatterhouse (what a fun game), shadow warrior 2, Mortal kombat X, Mortal Kombat 11,  Wolfenstein: the new colossus and probably some more which are not "the goriest" but still gory.

Oh, Splatterhouse... there's one they need to remaster for the modern systems. Even the original arcade game (an unlockable on the 2010 PS3 game along with the two Mega Drive 16-bit sequels) is still pretty gory, even if it's been outdone by MK11 and others.

• Like 1

There has been a few over the years. Some went for blood, others went for gore and shock. 

I think it would be hard to outdo the outrageousness of Mortal Kombat. But in the early years of gaming you had the likes of Barbarian, Moon Stone, Thrill Kill and Splatter House. But I'd probably say MK outdoes them all in terms of gore.