How bad is the game?

JakBrod

This game is absolutely horrible.

you jump from loading screen to loading screen to loadingscreen and they take ages (might be better on ps5) 

the hubworld is annoying as it offers nothing but adding more loading times. 
story is pretty boring

also the lootsystem is completely for nothing as there is a sales guy in the hubworld were you can be epic equipment that’s much better than anything I found on my way to platinum

the weapons are boring and all pretty much identical. Normal ballistic guns some feel good to shoot with some feel shitty

also the missions are all the same. After the tutorial you have seen everything the game has to offer mechanicly. It’s about 3 different tasks you have to do in missions and all of them are fetchquests. Just for different objects

also if you want to go for platinum avoid coop. You have to collect a ton of collectibles and they cannot be collected by more than 1 person. And also spawn at a slow rate random. Had to find a farm route repeat it for hours and go throught those loading screens way to often

The fights are fun and the different suits are also pretty cool.

there are so many good games out there. Don’t waste your time and money on this pile of garbage. They say if you play with friends bad games can be fun and that’s true but this games managed to be horrible even with good friends. Stay far away

• Like 4

Not as bad as I thought it would be, I had more fun playing anthem than cyberpunk. 

The gun play is nice, the world is beautiful but there's a lack of enemy verity and you repeat missions at the end to find better gear, but it still stays fun. 

It's a pretty easy platinum and doesn't drag on unlike cyberpunk, with its 100+ assaults in progress. And other identical side missions.

Lots of people just shit on games because they copy what other people say online, rather than form their own opinion. 

Personally I'd buy a year of EA play. Anthem, star wars, it takes two, dirt 5 and a few others are worth playing and it's good value for money for a year. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Larzz said:

I enjoyed my time with it actually, but once I platted it I stopped playing, the endgame isn’t that good. 

Yeah, pretty much this. Really fun platinum but the endgame wasn't varied enough to keep me playing. 

1 hour ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

you jump from loading screen to loading screen to loadingscreen and they take ages (might be better on ps5) 

story is pretty boring

also the lootsystem is completely for nothing as there is a sales guy in the hubworld were you can be epic equipment that’s much better than anything I found on my way to platinum

the weapons are boring and all pretty much identical. Normal ballistic guns some feel good to shoot with some feel shitty

also the missions are all the same. After the tutorial you have seen everything the game has to offer mechanicly. It’s about 3 different tasks you have to do in missions and all of them are fetchquests. Just for different objects

also if you want to go for platinum avoid coop. You have to collect a ton of collectibles and they cannot be collected by more than 1 person. And also spawn at a slow rate random. Had to find a farm route repeat it for hours and go throught those loading screens way to often

there are so many good games out there. Don’t waste your time and money on this pile of garbage. They say if you play with friends bad games can be fun and that’s true but this games managed to be horrible even with good friends. Stay far away

Personally didn't have problems with loading screens but then again I played it on PS5.

36 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Seeing this topic does it have 60fps when playing on ps5?

Not that I recall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

story is pretty boring

A lot.of what you said is nonsense

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Yeah, pretty much this. Really fun platinum but the endgame wasn't varied enough to keep me playing. 

Personally didn't have problems with loading screens but then again I played it on PS5.

Not that I recall.

I played on PS4 pro and I would say about 50% of my time with it was loading screens

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

A lot.of what you said is nonsense

I am sorry but if this is the best game you played in the last generation then I must assume you are trolling

if you truely like the game I respect that and I didn’t want to offend you or something but the game felt to my like they built a beautiful world and then didn’t have money to do anything else in it. There just was 0 variety in anything

and i mean the devs started working on anthem 2.0 because they agreed that it wasn’t good and then gave up on the project as a whole…if even the devs dont like it…

Edited by Ich1994-1994
  • Like 2

There are much better games out there. The game got stale pretty quickly and the collectibles are awful with their random design. Such a pain to collect.

The flying mechanic is fantastic though, I'll give them that. Best of any game I've played and the one thing they nailed. It was awesome feeling like Iron Man flying around but literally every other aspect of the game was a massive let down.

• Like 2

It's not as bad as many people made it out to be. I had fun playing with my friends on the PS5 but as others have mentioned the game gets very boring after you get the platinum as the endgame isn't that great. Anthem has incredible graphics and controls and I think it's worth a try before dismissing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PeachyJacobs said:

There are much better games out there. The game got stale pretty quickly and the collectibles are awful with their random design. Such a pain to collect.

The flying mechanic is fantastic though, I'll give them that. Best of any game I've played and the one thing they nailed. It was awesome feeling like Iron Man flying around but literally every other aspect of the game was a massive let down.

The flying was better than Iron's Man's flying in Marvel's Avengers tbh...

3 hours ago, PeachyJacobs said:

People said the collectibles were tedious but if you looked out for them while you were playing then the time spent actively hunting for them would have been very little. Some nice randoms saw me trying to spawn them and would try and help me by running with me for some reason. What they probably didn't know is that if there's more than one player in the area some of the collectibles won't spawn lol

5 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

One of the best games i played from last gen. Graphics and gameplay are brilliant imo. 

To play devil's advocate, you really do lose all credibility with a first sentence like that.  Also the 666 shit doesn't help.  Maybe I am your advocate. 

Edited by SilkyJay86
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, SilkyJay86 said:

you really do lose all credibility with a first sentence like that

Graphically, the game was great. Solid textures and lighting effects throughout the environment and character models.

• Like 2

Not nearly as bad as Avengers. The most annoying part of this is the collectables. I actually enjoyed the gameplay and the story was fine but not good. I like the world a lot. I'd give it like a 6 in general, with some moments that are like 8 or 9. The real problem is the missed potential and not actually what's here. What they could have done.... it's a tragedy.

You also should be aware of the cosmetic traps. If you are the type that feels like you're missing out if you don't have a particular skin or something you'll want to avoid this. 

Edited by Spacey Dweeb
  • Like 1

I really loved this game :) 

There was a lot server issues when it was first released, but I recently (a few months back) went back and cleaned up the platinum trophy and didn't experience any issues. The story itself was kind of average but the gameplay itself was AMAZING. The world and combat is just amazing. 

I would of really loved to see DLC's for the game to improve the story. I would say definitely still worth a playthrough :) 

4 hours ago, Lambiiexo said:

I really loved this game :) 

There was a lot server issues when it was first released, but I recently (a few months back) went back and cleaned up the platinum trophy and didn't experience any issues. The story itself was kind of average but the gameplay itself was AMAZING. The world and combat is just amazing. 

I would of really loved to see DLC's for the game to improve the story. I would say definitely still worth a playthrough :) 

Trust me there's still server issues I was playing with a friend recently, and we lost connection many times. Sometimes it was me and sometimes he lost connection.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG