Is the game supposed to be difficult on standard difficulty?

JakBrod

I decided to restart RE7 recently after playing some of the other games in the series.

And for some reason, I'm struggling with this game on standard difficulty.

I'm thinking about restarting on assisted.

Is this game supposed to be a bit more difficult than the rest? 

The first time a played it I struggled a bit with running out of resources. Just try and scavenge as much resources as possible, and combine when you can. For example, if you are full on A and B and you find more A on the ground, combine A and B to make C and pick up more A. The only time you don't want to do that is if your saving A until you find D to make E. It's pretty easy when you do that. Madhouse difficulty really sucks in certain parts but doable when you learn the game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This game was a pain at the start for me too. I suggest aiming for the headshots, and sometimes you need to just run to the next room and close the door on the enemy. If you're having trouble with Jack Baker early on, just avoid him until you fight him in a boss fight. He would just get back up otherwise unless he's scripted to not show up. BTW, once you get the shotgun from the statue room on the first floor, he despawns for the rest of the game. For the rest of the game, the enemy doesn't really respawn unless you are scripted to "backtrack". I honestly recommend you to avoid making Psychostimulants since you're better off using the Yellow/Red chems to make Med Kits or Handgun Ammo.