Free PS5 upgrade if you redeemed on PS Plus

turniplord

"PlayStation Plus members who own a PlayStation 5 and have received FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE for PlayStation 4 as part of the PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection are eligible for the free PlayStation 5 enhancement update program from 22 December 2021. Please note that an active PlayStation Plus subscription is required to maintain access to the content."

Source:

https://support.eu.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=80049&id=18725&la=2&ret=main

Edited by Asimb0mb
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

"PlayStation Plus members who own a PlayStation 5 and have received FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE for PlayStation 4 as part of the PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection are eligible for the free PlayStation 5 enhancement update program from 22 December 2021. Please note that an active PlayStation Plus subscription is required to maintain access to the content."

Source:

https://support.eu.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=80049&id=18725&la=2&ret=main

18 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Had an update. As suspected, it’s a free upgrade and won’t cost anything for those with the PS Plus version

1-E025-CBB-906-B-4-E36-B065-B2-CDCB4-CA5

Nice! Thanks for sharing 

6 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

Just to clarify is this DLC purchase something that can only done in game (similar to buying Spider-Man Remastered within Miles Morales)? Because I don't see any separate DLC apart from the full PS5 version. 

Intermission dlc purchase option is on the main menu of the ps5 version

Someone please tell those idiots at Polygon that the updgrade is indeed free. Anyway, i'm happy for this. FF7R is the main reason that will make me buy a PS5 someday. I won't even import my saves from PS4, this game deserves to be played again from scratch. :)

Edited by Lance_87

Already available here in Asia. Just go to the game's page on your PS5. Press the "..." button, choose the PS5 Upgrade and on the left side there should be another dropdown menu with two options.

First one is for non-PS Plus and second one is for PS Plus version. Choose the second one and the "Add to Library" option should be available for you. Claim it and download the game.

EDIT: There seems to be an issue for those that have upgraded the game to PS5 ver using disc. The game keep asking for disc for some reason lol

Edited by eXaphor
additional info

UK: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0082-PPSA01911_00-2887437947778581

NA: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-PPSA01903_00-7462776201452750

None of those working? It doesn't work for me as I redeemed the disc upgrade and PSN doesn't let you redeem the digital upgrade if you've already grabbed the disc version (as I found out previously with Lost Judgment).

So, if you've only redeemed the PS Plus version and not the disc version upgrade, the above 'should' work. If not - time to pester SE on Twitter :P

41 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

That's what it's saying for me too. If I try on the console it says, " You already own the following products, which conflict with the product you're trying to buy"?

Okay so I figured it out. Here's how you do it,

1. Click on PS Store on PS5. 

2. Click on the search magnifying glass. 

3. At the top left corner you should see FF7

Remake PS5 under where it says trending, click on FF7 Remake PS5.

4. On the left of wishlist where it says "Game", click on it and select the 2nd "Game" option.

5. Click on add to library. 

That's how I did it guys. 

This is it. Thank you.

Now the DLC is available for… 14,99€, 25% discounted :)