turniplord

Free PS5 upgrade if you redeemed on PS Plus

105 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, turniplord said:

UK: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0082-PPSA01911_00-2887437947778581

NA: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-PPSA01903_00-7462776201452750

None of those working? It doesn't work for me as I redeemed the disc upgrade and PSN doesn't let you redeem the digital upgrade if you've already grabbed the disc version (as I found out previously with Lost Judgment).

So, if you've only redeemed the PS Plus version and not the disc version upgrade, the above 'should' work. If not - time to pester SE on Twitter :P

I redeemed the disc upgrade and had no problems upgrading my digital Plus version. You just have to wait for the store to fully update instead of expecting something to work right at midnight.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mercenary09 said:

I redeemed the disc upgrade and had no problems upgrading my digital Plus version. You just have to wait for the store to fully update instead of expecting something to work right at midnight.

 

It's already the 23rd (afternoon) here. Still can't get it from the website.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like you'll only be able to upgrade it on the PS5 itself. Wouldn't be the first time either.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2021 at 4:19 PM, Larzz said:

Where does it say “for free”?


“ no extra cost”?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate this new trend of needing to be on the ps5 itself to do things. First the plus collection and now upgrades like this, how long until we need a ps5 to buy the monthly plus game too. It's not even a problem of not having the console, I just much prefer to do things in browser, even if the ps store is lacking basic features including searching your library.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

That's what it's saying for me too. If I try on the console it says, " You already own the following products, which conflict with the product you're trying to buy"?

 

Okay so I figured it out. Here's how you do it,

 

1. Click on PS Store on PS5. 

 

2. Click on the search magnifying glass. 

 

3. At the top left corner you should see FF7

Remake PS5 under where it says trending, click on FF7 Remake PS5.

 

4. On the left of wishlist where it says "Game", click on it and select the 2nd "Game" option.

 

5. Click on add to library. 

 

That's how I did it guys. 

 

This is how I got it top work last night as well....

 

 

Edited by craig_obviously
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how to get this working seeing as I redeemed the disc upgrade first - it keeps asking me to insert the disc. Shame as I was about to sell my physical copy

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord_Raiden said:


“ no extra cost”?


At the time I posted nowhere was it mentioned it would be free, the PR message came later. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, jpwbjpwb said:

I hate this new trend of needing to be on the ps5 itself to do things. First the plus collection and now upgrades like this, how long until we need a ps5 to buy the monthly plus game too. It's not even a problem of not having the console, I just much prefer to do things in browser, even if the ps store is lacking basic features including searching your library.

 

Yeah, opening the webstore on January 2013 was one of the best decisions of all time. I missed the Welcome Back Pack in 2011 because i only owned a PSP back in the day, and it required a PS3, which i only got a year later. I thought that the removal of the legacy systems from the webstore (and the site restyling, with less features!) was enough for me. We totally have the right to grab stuff for systems we don't own yet.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Nuzzgok said:

Not sure how to get this working seeing as I redeemed the disc upgrade first - it keeps asking me to insert the disc. Shame as I was about to sell my physical copy

If you already redeemed it through the disc, it will always be tied to your disc. There should be a separate upgrade for the plus version via the store on the ps5, by clicking the 3 dots button next to the buy now button

Edited by SnowxSakura
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

If you already redeemed it through the disc, it will always be tied to your disc. There should be a separate upgrade for the plus version via the store on the ps5, by clicking the 3 dots button next to the buy now button

 

According to Reddit you could ask for a "free refund" (i.e. they'll remove the disc license) if you phone the support (but only in the US unfortunately)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

We totally have the right to grab stuff for systems we don't own yet.

 

I don't know if that "right" has ever been established.

 

If a PS5 is required to grab this content, this is a move that's clearly going to cause more drama than it solves. Although if it's not a limited time offer, than there's going to be more drama created than appropriate. People can just grab this when they actually have access to the console that this content is used on.

 

Probably would have reduced a fraction of the drama if SE had been more up front and just put a tiny print: *PS5 console required to claim PS5 upgrade

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

 

I don't know if that "right" has ever been established.

 

If a PS5 is required to grab this content, this is a move that's clearly going to cause more drama than it solves. Although if it's not a limited time offer, than there's going to be more drama created than appropriate. People can just grab this when they actually have access to the console that this content is used on.

 

Probably would have reduced a fraction of the drama if SE had been more up front and just put a tiny print: *PS5 console required to claim PS5 upgrade

 

 

Well you no longer needed a console to grab PS3/Vita/PSP (and PS4 some time later, and again PS5) games after the opening of the old webstore... yeah they eventually changed the website earlier this year (and removed all legacy systems) but you could really grab everything, and a lot faster than going through the console apps. There were sections for new DLC, you could filter free content, and things like that. I got all PS4 Plus titles for 5 years without owning a PS4.

 

And you can grab all other PS4-to-PS5 upgrades without having a PS5, if you are trying to upgrade a digital copy. That's how i got DOOM Eternal (with both DLC), Subnautica, Dead by Daylight and No Man's Sky. They appeared as free in the webstore and i simply added them to my Library. I'm still able to get all Plus games that way (well except the Plus Collection titles but i have most of them anyway)

 

Edited by Lance_87
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

well except the Plus Collection titles but i have most of them anyway

 

Right, so we already have one established situation that requires a PS5: The Plus Collection. And you look at the press release linked in the first post on the thread it says "Active Playstation Plus members with PS5 consoles who claimed..."

 

As I said all these decisions cause more drama, but if IP owners were more transparent about how to claim this content in their tweets/promos, there would be slightly less drama. People are always going to want things the way they want to, but that doesn't establish a "right" to do something, just because it's been possible with some other stuff at some other time.

 

Even looking at the source website (https://ffvii-remake-intergrade.square-enix-games.com/en-us/), scrolling down to Upgrade Information:

 

Quote

If you already own FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE for the PlayStation 4 (physical or digital version) and own a PlayStation 5, you can download the free FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE PlayStation 5 enhancement update. FF7R EPISODE INTERmission can be purchased separately. An internet connection is required to obtain the free PlayStation 5 enhancement update. However, if you have purchased FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE (physical edition) for PlayStation 4, and own the PlayStation 5 digital edition (the model without a disc drive) then you are not eligible to download the upgrade.

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, since I don’t have a PS5, I guess I’m not able to grab this free upgrade then? If so, that’s crazy. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kidson2004 said:

Well, since I don’t have a PS5, I guess I’m not able to grab this free upgrade then? If so, that’s crazy. 

If enough people complain about not being able to do it through the web store then they could potentilly change it.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Well, since I don’t have a PS5, I guess I’m not able to grab this free upgrade then? If so, that’s crazy. 

Not really. It's not like it's timed, just pick it up when and if you get a PS5. It's not like you'd be playing it otherwise.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this a limited free update? Cause if it isn't, I don't understand what's the buzz about "owning a PS5 to grab this version". I mean, what's to point of grabbing PS5 version of a game if people don't have a PS5 to play it? If it was a limited time to grab the game (like monthly games from PS+) for a console you don't own, I absolutely understand. Now, if people can't play the game, why the stress and need to redeem it now when they can do it when they buy a PS5... you know, when you can actually play it? 

It's like complaining about a free update for PS5 of a physical PS4 game when you don't have the console to insert the disc 😅

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's great, because I assume most people who didn't already have the game snapped this up on Plus

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

Is this a limited free update? Cause if it isn't, I don't understand what's the buzz about "owning a PS5 to grab this version". I mean, what's to point of grabbing PS5 version of a game if people don't have a PS5 to play it? If it was a limited time to grab the game (like monthly games from PS+) for a console you don't own, I absolutely understand. Now, if people can't play the game, why the stress and need to redeem it now when they can do it when they buy a PS5... you know, when you can actually play it? 

It's like complaining about a free update for PS5 of a physical PS4 game when you don't have the console to insert the disc 1f605.png


FOMO is the only thing I can think of.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

 I mean, what's to point of grabbing PS5 version of a game if people don't have a PS5 to play it?

 

The point is that virtually all the other content available in the webstore doesn't have this issue. What makes FF7R so "special"? License mismanagement caused by PlayStation Plus? I don't remember similar cases, in fact they didn't allow the PS5 upgrades for Mortal Shell and Greedfall.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

Is this a limited free update? Cause if it isn't, I don't understand what's the buzz about "owning a PS5 to grab this version". I mean, what's to point of grabbing PS5 version of a game if people don't have a PS5 to play it? If it was a limited time to grab the game (like monthly games from PS+) for a console you don't own, I absolutely understand. Now, if people can't play the game, why the stress and need to redeem it now when they can do it when they buy a PS5... you know, when you can actually play it? 

It's like complaining about a free update for PS5 of a physical PS4 game when you don't have the console to insert the disc 1f605.png


i hope it’s not a limited time offer

 

i own a PS5 but I’m on vacation in Texas and don’t have my console with me. Won’t be back home until January. Was trying to redeem it from the store but am unable to :(

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

 

It's already the 23rd (afternoon) here. Still can't get it from the website.

I got it on the 22nd via the PS5 store and had no problems. Again I had already used my free upgrade from the disc back at launch and I had no issues upgrading my PS+ copy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PayneKillerTears said:


i hope it’s not a limited time offer

 

i own a PS5 but I’m on vacation in Texas and don’t have my console with me. Won’t be back home until January. Was trying to redeem it from the store but am unable to :(

 

There's nothing that says it will be time limited. It is pretty safe to assume this will last as long as you have the ps plus edition. Honestly they could had just made both ps4 and ps5 ver free with ps plus when it was originally announced, but they probably planned it this way for marketing purposes as the sales of the game drop. or to because they wanted to make money selling ps5 ver seperate with the dlc expansion.

Nevertheless it will be free when you return home. Enjoy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.