Free PS5 upgrade if you redeemed on PS Plus

turniplord

4 hours ago, ConAir said:

I think so, but Square-Enix doesn't reply on the response they are getting. Offcourse it's the holidays, but I can't get it through the website, the app nor my PS4.

Not being able from PS4 makes sense, you can't get anything for PS5 from there, unless it's a cross-gen/cross-buy product. The problem is with the site and the app.

• 3 weeks later...

It's January and I can still redeem the free PS5 version. Two free DLC items are up, one is a bundle containing the two summon materia (from the $80 deluxe edition) with a few other in-game goodies and the other DLC is earrings previously mentioned in this thread.

I assume this will be a permanent free upgrade for PS+ users and I'm glad SE did the right thing about this whole situation. I'm sure the DLC sales were probably low and this was an easy way to boost them but hey, whatever it takes. I'll gladly pay for the new DLC but I won't rebuy the same game Sony already paid them for to put it on Plus in the first place.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

I assume this will be a permanent free upgrade for PS+ users and I'm glad SE did the right thing about this whole situation. I'm sure the DLC sales were probably low and this was an easy way to boost them but hey, whatever it takes. I'll gladly pay for the new DLC but I won't rebuy the same game Sony already paid them for to put it on Plus in the first place.

I seriously hope it is. I probably won't get a PS5 for at least another 2-3 years (which probably means, at least until the release of Part 2), the problem is that i can't even get the DLC (whenever it goes on discount) or any other edition that includes it without a PS5, all entries are locked out because i own the Plus version and no PS5. Before they enabled the PS5 upgrade for Plus owners, it was totally possible to purchase Intergrade (it was never discounted, but still)

Edited by Lance_87

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying to get the Intergrade version for over an hour now, getting through the cryptic 'Unavailable' messages.  I now have a version on my PS5 that says: [PS5] FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE.  Is that the Intergrade version?  How do I tell if it is or not?  And if it's not how do I upgrade to it.  I bought the extra episode for $19.99, and some artbook crap which I don't think was needed, but it was the only thing that had Intergrade on it that I could buy.  Why is this so effing hard?

EDIT:

Did some googling around, and it looks like the problem is I have the PS+ version of FFVII.  Ended up refunding my purchases.  I think I need to buy a disc version of Intergrade instead.

Edited by Eternal21

38 minutes ago, Eternal21 said:

I've been trying to get the Intergrade version for over an hour now, getting through the cryptic 'Unavailable' messages.  I now have a version on my PS5 that says: [PS5] FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE.  Is that the Intergrade version?  How do I tell if it is or not?  And if it's not how do I upgrade to it.  I bought the extra episode for $19.99, and some artbook crap which I don't think was needed, but it was the only thing that had Intergrade on it that I could buy.  Why is this so effing hard?

EDIT:

Did some googling around, and it looks like the problem is I have the PS+ version of FFVII.  Ended up refunding my purchases.  I think I need to buy a disc version of Intergrade instead.

The PS5 version is the INTERGrade version. INTERMission is accessible by pressing R2 in the main menu if you have downloaded it. I had the PS+ and bought the DLC.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eternal21 said:

EDIT:

Having the PS+ version is no longer supposed to be a problem. You had the game and then bought the DLC, so you wasted time refunding something you bought without problems. If you don't own the PS5 main game everything is marked as Unavailable and you wouldn't be able to buy the extra episode.

Also what is this "artbook crap"? Wasn't it included only with the Deluxe Edition? What did you buy for 20 dollars, exactly?

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Having the PS+ version is no longer supposed to be a problem. You had the game and then bought the DLC, so you wasted time refunding something you bought without problems. If you don't own the PS5 main game everything is marked as Unavailable and you wouldn't be able to buy the extra episode.

Also what is this "artbook crap"? Wasn't it included only with the Deluxe Edition? What did you buy for 20 dollars, exactly?

I bought the Youffa or whatever it's called DLC, and then I also bought something called Deluxe Intergrade upgrade (which turned out to be an artbook and soundtrack).  Got both of them refunded (as an exception, since I have already downloaded them, thinking it would upgrade my game). 

I just want to know what exactly to I need to do to play the better version on PS5 (the one with all the graphical improvements).  I thought I need to buy an actual game first for $50 or whatever it costs now, because the PS+ version does not count.

2 hours ago, Eternal21 said:

I bought the Youffa or whatever it's called DLC, and then I also bought something called Deluxe Intergrade upgrade (which turned out to be an artbook and soundtrack).  Got both of them refunded (as an exception, since I have already downloaded them, thinking it would upgrade my game). 

I just want to know what exactly to I need to do to play the better version on PS5 (the one with all the graphical improvements).  I thought I need to buy an actual game first for $50 or whatever it costs now, because the PS+ version does not count.

You said that you already have the PS5 version, which implies that you simply redeemed the upgrade from the PS5. You just need the "Yuffie" episode at this point.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

You said that you already have the PS5 version, which implies that you simply redeemed the upgrade from the PS5. You just need the "Yuffie" episode at this point.

So just to confirm.  The fact that I had [PS5] tag next to my FFVII REMAKE, means I had the upgraded version already (the equivalent of Intergrade?).

On 27-12-2021 at 10:11 PM, Lance_87 said:

Not being able from PS4 makes sense, you can't get anything for PS5 from there, unless it's a cross-gen/cross-buy product. The problem is with the site and the app.

Nothing has changed for me. Every PS5 version, upgrade or DLC remains unavailable to buy. 

3 hours ago, Eternal21 said:

So just to confirm.  The fact that I had [PS5] tag next to my FFVII REMAKE, means I had the upgraded version already (the equivalent of Intergrade?).

Yes. If you are not sure, check your recent transaction history. But again, if you managed to get the DLC, you have it. If you didn't have it, everything would appear as "Unavailable for purchase".

3 hours ago, ConAir said:

Nothing has changed for me. Every PS5 version, upgrade or DLC remains unavailable to buy. 

Like i said, you cannot get the upgrade from the site because they're idiots. Use a PS5.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2022 at 4:40 PM, Lance_87 said:

Yes. If you are not sure, check your recent transaction history. But again, if you managed to get the DLC, you have it. If you didn't have it, everything would appear as "Unavailable for purchase".

Like i said, you cannot get the upgrade from the site because they're idiots. Use a PS5.

You can buy the upgrade and DLC on the site. Search for "FF7R Update" and it should be the first two options.

Edited by d3m0nd00d

4 hours ago, d3m0nd00d said:

You can buy the upgrade on the site. Search for "FF7R Episode" and it should be the first option.

That is the DLC and you can only buy that if you already have access to the PS5 version. Lance is talking about the PS4>PS5 upgrade path with the PS+ Edition, and that is only accesible on the PS5 system.

Edited by NewDust
Clarified PS+ edition.

18 minutes ago, NewDust said:

That is the DLC and you can only buy that if you already have access to the PS5 version. Lance is talking about the PS4>PS5 upgrade path, and that is only accesible on the PS5 system.

I just edited my previous post. Select the second option after the search and select the "FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE upgrade for PS4™ version owners" under the Editions.

Here is a link if that helps - https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-PPSA01903_00-7462776201452750

I purchased my edition so I'm not 100% sure this will work for the PS+ version.

Edited by d3m0nd00d
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, d3m0nd00d said:

You can buy the upgrade and DLC on the site. Search for "FF7R Update" and it should be the first two options.

No. I'll repeat it again. I have the PS+ version, and from the very moment they enabled redemption of the upgrade for owners of the PS+ version, i cannot buy anything related to the PS5 version anymore. I cannot even be a masochist/compulsive buyer/whatever and just purchase the game, including the Deluxe Edition. Everything appears as "Not available for purchase". This is literally the only PS5 game upgrade that you cannot get without owning a PS5 if you own the PS4 version (obtained from PS+) you're trying to upgrade from. I bought No Man's Sky and DOOM Eternal for PS4, and i managed to get the PS5 upgrades from the site without major issues. Same for Subnautica which was given away for free some time ago. I could go to the Store website and obtain any PS5 content EXCEPT FOR THIS. I could buy Returnal, Ratchet and Clank, or preorder Gran Turismo 7 anytime. Hell, i don't even need it: i could just get all PS5 versions of all F2P games, or some demos, or even free/paid DLCs for games that i don't even own.

"Seamlessly and logically", they don't even licenses management xD

Edited by Lance_87

5 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

No. I'll repeat it again. I have the PS+ version, and from the very moment they enabled redemption of the upgrade for owners of the PS+ version, i cannot buy anything related to the PS5 version anymore. I cannot even be a masochist/compulsive buyer/whatever and just purchase the game, including the Deluxe Edition. Everything appears as "Not available for purchase". This is literally the only PS5 game upgrade that you cannot get without owning a PS5 if you own the PS4 version (obtained from PS+) you're trying to upgrade from. I bought No Man's Sky and DOOM Eternal for PS4, and i managed to get the PS5 upgrades from the site without major issues. Same for Subnautica which was given away for free some time ago. I could go to the Store website and obtain any PS5 content EXCEPT FOR THIS. I could buy Returnal, Ratchet and Clank, or preorder Gran Turismo 7 anytime. Hell, i don't even need it: i could just get all PS5 versions of all F2P games, or some demos, or even free/paid DLCs for games that i don't even own.

"Seamlessly and logically", they don't even licenses management xD

What I posted was correct. Why are you guys trying to upgrade to the PS5 version when you don't have a PS5? The upgrade will be available on the site as I stated in my previous post when you upgrade your system to a PS5.

The PlayStation®5 version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE.

* Updated on December 22,2021
* You are eligible to receive a free PS5™ digital version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE at no extra cost if you already either (i) own a PS4™ digital version of the game or (ii) own a PS4™ disc version of the game and also own a PS5™ console with a disc drive (you must insert the disc each time you wish you to download or play the PS5™ digital version of the game). If you obtained FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE via PlayStation®Plus Monthly Games then you must maintain an active PlayStation®Plus subscription to get, download and play this PS5 upgrade. Some additional restrictions may apply.s may apply.

Edited by d3m0nd00d

5 hours ago, d3m0nd00d said:

What I posted was correct. Why are you guys trying to upgrade to the PS5 version when you don't have a PS5? The upgrade will be available on the site as I stated in my previous post when you upgrade your system to a PS5.

The PlayStation00ae.png5 version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE.

* Updated on December 22,2021
* You are eligible to receive a free PS52122.png digital version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE at no extra cost if you already either (i) own a PS42122.png digital version of the game or (ii) own a PS42122.png disc version of the game and also own a PS52122.png console with a disc drive (you must insert the disc each time you wish you to download or play the PS52122.png digital version of the game). If you obtained FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE via PlayStation00ae.pngPlus Monthly Games then you must maintain an active PlayStation00ae.pngPlus subscription to get, download and play this PS5 upgrade. Some additional restrictions may apply.s may apply.

Because your post is factually incorrect and so is this one again. This thread is called "Free PS5 upgrade if you redeemed on PS Plus", and for people who redeemed it through PS+ it is only possible to upgrade on a PS5 system. Final Fantasy 7 Remake is unique in this approach and to give this information correctly prevents people from going "it says unavailable on the store, what gives?". Frankly, it also annoying, since you can't buy the INTERmission DLC if it is on sale, when you haven't already upgraded to the PS5 version, which again, you need to have acces to a PS5 to do.

I don't particularly care, I have a PS5, I can upgrade. But your post are not what this thread is about. Yes if you have bought FF7R digitally, you can upgrade through the webstore. If you got FF7R through PS+, you can not. simple as that.

And that isn't even touching the issue of those that redeemed a disc upgrade, but rather want their digital PS+ PS5 version.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NewDust said:

Yes if you have bought FF7R digitally, you can upgrade through the webstore.

Are you sure about this?

9 hours ago, d3m0nd00d said:

What I posted was correct. Why are you guys trying to upgrade to the PS5 version when you don't have a PS5?

Because that's how it works with all the other digital upgrades. It's Sony and Square Enix's fault.

Edited by Lance_87