New game required for DLC/Trophies?

Do you need to start a new game for DLC content or trophies? I'm pretty far in and would rather not.

I don't own the DLC yet. I'd like to get it for 100% but think the $20 price tag is a little steep for what you get. Might just bite the bullet and get it anyways though.

• Like 1

On 24.12.2021 at 5:59 PM, brmnbrmn said:

Before the final battle of the DLC? Or the final battle of the base game?

Which trophy is it?

The Floor is Lava:
Survived the final battle against Telogrus without cleansing any Flame Locus fields.

This is the final battle in the DLC.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 12/20/2021 at 9:42 AM, Arkkhy said:

No need, when you install the dlc a letter appear in your inventory which start the new content

So I get to keep the armor and weapons I crafted (that literally makes me unkillable and able to one-shot everything ?)?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

So I get to keep the armor and weapons I crafted (that literally makes me unkillable and able to one-shot everything 1f604.png)?

Yeah you keep all your stuff, it's like a dlc of skyrim or borderland (new area with new quest)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

So I get to keep the armor and weapons I crafted (that literally makes me unkillable and able to one-shot everything 1f604.png)?

Unkillable yes, haha. But there's a new mechanic about chaos armor that prevents you from oneshotting until you get the new weapon types ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brmnbrmn said:

Unkillable yes, haha. But there's a new mechanic about chaos armor that prevents you from oneshotting until you get the new weapon types 1f643.png

Right. I have to diminish their chaos shield or whatever it is first, or something like that? Not a problem. 

1 hour ago, Arkkhy said:

Yeah you keep all your stuff, it's like a dlc of skyrim or borderland (new area with new quest)

Thanks! :)

Edited by MrTacoNinja
  • Like 1