Sum of All Zeroes Hardest level of all

All the other levels just requires you to be staying prone in 1 spot and just pick off the enemies 1 by 1. 

This goddamn level I have absolutely no clue on how to beat.. I always go through my backlog and see this game and try. Then just give up until the next year. 

Anyone have any tips? And yes I did watch some YouTube walk through vids already and none of them seem to help, unless you have a better vid.

1. Play on easiest difficulty level.

2. Shoot boats from right turret as soon as you see them. Some guides say that you shouldn't, but in this place destroying two boats asap will trigger planes earlier giving you more time to destroy them (about 10 if I remember correctly). I was missing that one thing and was about 40. After I did it I've made about 60 on my first try.

3. Try, try and one more time try. You can abuse restarting from checkpoint if you have good start but missed some in later points. You have to learn shooting ahead a little bit.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I just started WaW last night, went straight to veteran campaign thinking, how hard can it really be ... god damn ... in about 7-8 hours I only got through the first 5 maps (Their Land, Their Blood)  Got 11 trophies out of it but damn near threw my controller about 20 times.  Idk if I have the patience to make it through this game, assuming its only going to get worse.

17 minutes ago, jrod2510 said:

I just started WaW last night, went straight to veteran campaign thinking, how hard can it really be ... god damn ... in about 7-8 hours I only got through the first 5 maps (Their Land, Their Blood)  Got 11 trophies out of it but damn near threw my controller about 20 times.  Idk if I have the patience to make it through this game, assuming its only going to get worse.

It does for sure. Heart of the Reich is notorious amongst the community and the level after Their Land, Their Blood took me three hours to get through - I was stuck on the last checkpoint for like an hour. I'd reccomend to stick with it if you can, though. Getting the platinum in this can be quite a rewarding feeling.

20 minutes ago, rebelkiller93 said:

It does for sure. Heart of the Reich is notorious amongst the community and the level after Their Land, Their Blood took me three hours to get through - I was stuck on the last checkpoint for like an hour. I'd reccomend to stick with it if you can, though. Getting the platinum in this can be quite a rewarding feeling.

Yeah, I read a few things about the last section of Burn Em Out.  One person said they had made it through and the end cut scene or whatever started playing but a phantom grenade still blew them up and had to restart from last check point, like ffs.  But yeah, I'm a grinder so I'll die trying to make it through, and yeah, I saw the low percentage, so that will motivate me to get through it as well.

On 1/27/2022 at 5:29 PM, rebelkiller93 said:

Update:  Feb 2, 2022.  After the better part of 8 hrs today Heart of the Reich and Downfall can kiss my ass!!  Jesus Christ with the spamming of grenades!!  So dumb!!  At some point, I dont even remember when now, but I definitely spiked my controller on the floor.  So, someone titled this thread as "Sum of All Zereos hardest level", note that SoAZ is the name of the trophy. The name of the level is Blackcats!  I certainly did not earn the trophy on vet, but found this map to be quite easy, definitely one of the easiest on the campaign.  Granted I've only played/completed the campaign on BO1-3, MW Remastered, and now WaW but WaW is BY FAR the hardest vet campaign.  WaW vet much harder than BO3 realistic.

• Like 2

On 03/02/2022 at 4:43 AM, jrod2510 said:

Update:  Feb 2, 2022.  After the better part of 8 hrs today Heart of the Reich and Downfall can kiss my ass!!  Jesus Christ with the spamming of grenades!!  So dumb!!  At some point, I dont even remember when now, but I definitely spiked my controller on the floor.  So, someone titled this thread as "Sum of All Zereos hardest level", note that SoAZ is the name of the trophy. The name of the level is Blackcats!  I certainly did not earn the trophy on vet, but found this map to be quite easy, definitely one of the easiest on the campaign.  Granted I've only played/completed the campaign on BO1-3, MW Remastered, and now WaW but WaW is BY FAR the hardest vet campaign.  WaW vet much harder than BO3 realistic.

Glad to hear you made it through! The WaW vet campaign is for sure the most ridiculous of them all. Back in the day, a friend of mine told me that Activision told Infinity Ward to tone down the veteran diffculty in MW2, as that was the next one released, in response to how stupid WaW was. I don't know how true that is. Sum of All Zeroes is probably the most difficult individual trophy to get. I'm sure it took me a few days of trying to get that one. I think it was the last one I needed for the plat.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 0:12 PM, rebelkiller93 said:

Glad to hear you made it through! The WaW vet campaign is for sure the most ridiculous of them all. Back in the day, a friend of mine told me that Activision told Infinity Ward to tone down the veteran diffculty in MW2, as that was the next one released, in response to how stupid WaW was. I don't know how true that is. Sum of All Zeroes is probably the most difficult individual trophy to get. I'm sure it took me a few days of trying to get that one. I think it was the last one I needed for the plat.

Oh, like I said, I will grind, I will persevere.  A controller or random other objects in arms reach may get thrown, some yelling and swearing may happen, but I'm not one to quit.  However, I will be taking a break from SoAZ.  First direct attempt at the trophy, I got 35, then 29, then 24, and then a couple more between 25-29.  That one sucks. Then I got about half the trophies on each of Shi No Numa and Der Reise.  As a change of pace, I did start playing MW2 and MW2 Remastered side by side, and found the 5th mission Takedown! (in the flavelas) to be the first real pain in the ass on veteran but nothing like HotR on WaW.  Remastered Takedown on vet seemed much easier than PS3 original version.  I have all the trophies associated with Act 1 in both versions except for the 3 associated with the Pit on SSDD.  I have a feeling those may be the last trophies before plat, just like in MW1 that time trial was the last one I needed for plat.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 8:43 PM, jrod2510 said:

Lol I'm guessing I'm the only one who thinks it's the hardest? I just thought the veteran mode was just literally lie down behind cover and just stay in that one spot till the game runs out of enemies to send you and that's when you get up and move forward to the next checkpoint. You just literally only need patience. 

40 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Lol I'm guessing I'm the only one who thinks it's the hardest? I just thought the veteran mode was just literally lie down behind cover and just stay in that one spot till the game runs out of enemies to send you and that's when you get up and move forward to the next checkpoint. You just literally only need patience. 

Except they respawn infinitely and your team mates can hit for shit.

52 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

You'll end growing old waiting for enemies to stop spawning because they don't as was correctly pointed out above.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2022 at 0:09 PM, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Where/how do you keep dying on Blackcats?  The only time I really got chewed up was when I attempted to make rescues and wasnt shooting at gunships, otherwise, like I said, seemed pretty easy.  As for the SoAZ trophy, that's a pain in the ass!  After the campaign I went back for SoAZ five times, and got worse in each attempt, lol

• Like 1