APeskyAxolotl

New DLC trophies?

51 posts in this topic

All at once, we're getting trophies for every past, present, and future DLC release it seems. Time to replay this and see what's changed!

 

Will the trophies make you more likely to revisit?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now unless I'm crazy there are now trophies for DLC, right? I swear these weren't here before lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're all a little crazy lol but the trophies are new! God, now I gotta go for 5 BSCs too? Definitely gonna get me back into it tho, looking forward to reimmersing myself 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never played this game, maybe I should finally get on it?

Edited by MaxieM0us3
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering why my completion rate suddenly took a nosedive when I refreshed the page. Guess I'll finally buy that DLC. 🙂 Looking forward to exploring more of the game even if I don't think I'll ever platinum it.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

PS+ game soon

That would be wonderful! The more people that get into this game, the better. Sony does a great job at shining lights on indie games and this one is just *chefs kiss*

 

Plus, the integration of cameos from other metroidvania/roguelite/platformers can really help sell people on the idea of this if they were on the fence previously. MMMMMm hot damn i'm excited

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Youch, that's a lot of trophies. I suppose it depends what type of save file I have, if I have 4 boss cells done then probably, if not then I won't bother. Are these free updates?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, elpoko said:

free updates?

I know Bad Seed and Fatal Falls are paid DLC. I think Rise of the Giant is free but I could be wrong. And the Queen of the Sea i believe will be paid, and released next year

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlakeCarson666 said:

I know Bad Seed and Fatal Falls are paid DLC. I think Rise of the Giant is free but I could be wrong. And the Queen of the Sea i believe will be paid, and released next year


All correct as far as I’m aware 👍

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

The sudden avalanche to DLC trophies also has me thinking this is going to be a PS+ game soon

 

That would be on-brand for PS+.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about events you've already done that can't be repeated?

 

For instance:

Perfect extraction Absorb your fifth Boss Stem Cell

 

 

Edited by Jaxelrod
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oof, my poor completion rate!

 

Seriously though, I guess I should be thankful you only have to *absorb* the 5th boss stem cell and not *beat* a 5 boss stem cell run.  Small mercies.

 

So, does the old ice bow/turret strat still work or is that gone?  I haven't played this since 2018.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlakeCarson666 said:

All at once, we're getting trophies for every past, present, and future DLC release it seems. Time to replay this and see what's changed!

 

Will the trophies make you more likely to revisit?

 

I don't really trophy hunt anymore, but may check out this DLC if there's a good deal that combines them all. I knew there some updates, but didn't know that there was THIS many updates.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jh7459 said:

Oof, my poor completion rate!

 

Seriously though, I guess I should be thankful you only have to *absorb* the 5th boss stem cell and not *beat* a 5 boss stem cell run.  Small mercies.

 

So, does the old ice bow/turret strat still work or is that gone?  I haven't played this since 2018.

 

 

You do have to do a 5 stem cell run, because the Collector only spawns on a 5 stem cell run.  Also have to do him no damage.. for a bronze trophy.  The game has changed a good deal and new meta builds replaced basically all the old ones.  I only did it last December but I am unsure if the meta has changed since then.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jh7459 said:

Oof, my poor completion rate!

 

Seriously though, I guess I should be thankful you only have to *absorb* the 5th boss stem cell and not *beat* a 5 boss stem cell run.  Small mercies.

 

So, does the old ice bow/turret strat still work or is that gone?  I haven't played this since 2018.

 

 

39 minutes ago, Elegy said:

 

You do have to do a 5 stem cell run, because the Collector only spawns on a 5 stem cell run.  Also have to do him no damage.. for a bronze trophy.  The game has changed a good deal and new meta builds replaced basically all the old ones.  I only did it last December but I am unsure if the meta has changed since then.

Not only this, but there are some areas that are only available in BC5

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where the hell did all these DLC trophies come from? And why now and not when the DLCs were released?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: Why is the "Rise of the Giant" list in 3 parts instead of 1 long list like the others?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

Not only this, but there are some areas that are only available in BC5

This makes me sad, I really enjoyed Dead Cells so I welcome more trophies. But I did NOT enjoy max difficulty runs, it just was not an enjoyable experience for me.

 

Hopefully there isn't much required from this.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess the devs came to the realization that they can add trophies to their dlcs lmao. Always wondered why they never added any despite all the updates and content drops but either way that's just more incentive for me to replay this masterpiece. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Guess the devs came to the realization that they can add trophies to their dlcs lmao. Always wondered why they never added any despite all the updates and content drops but either way that's just more incentive for me to replay this masterpiece. 

 

I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that Sony charges something like $30,000 each time you go through the trophy certification process. So sometimes it's not in the cards to add trophies to DLC, especially when the majority of the DLC has been free.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

This makes me sad, I really enjoyed Dead Cells so I welcome more trophies. But I did NOT enjoy max difficulty runs, it just was not an enjoyable experience for me.

 

Hopefully there isn't much required from this.

 

I love this game, but I also really disliked the max BSC runs as well.  I might give the new DLCs a shot but I don't think I'll worry about getting back to 100% again.  Beating the Collector with no damage? Pffft.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.