New DLC trophies?

TheBlaskar

19 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

PS+ game soon

That would be wonderful! The more people that get into this game, the better. Sony does a great job at shining lights on indie games and this one is just *chefs kiss*

Plus, the integration of cameos from other metroidvania/roguelite/platformers can really help sell people on the idea of this if they were on the fence previously. MMMMMm hot damn i'm excited

Oof, my poor completion rate!

Seriously though, I guess I should be thankful you only have to *absorb* the 5th boss stem cell and not *beat* a 5 boss stem cell run.  Small mercies.

So, does the old ice bow/turret strat still work or is that gone?  I haven't played this since 2018.

2 hours ago, BlakeCarson666 said:

All at once, we're getting trophies for every past, present, and future DLC release it seems. Time to replay this and see what's changed!

Will the trophies make you more likely to revisit?

I don't really trophy hunt anymore, but may check out this DLC if there's a good deal that combines them all. I knew there some updates, but didn't know that there was THIS many updates.

19 minutes ago, jh7459 said:

Seriously though, I guess I should be thankful you only have to *absorb* the 5th boss stem cell and not *beat* a 5 boss stem cell run.  Small mercies.

So, does the old ice bow/turret strat still work or is that gone?  I haven't played this since 2018.

You do have to do a 5 stem cell run, because the Collector only spawns on a 5 stem cell run.  Also have to do him no damage.. for a bronze trophy.  The game has changed a good deal and new meta builds replaced basically all the old ones.  I only did it last December but I am unsure if the meta has changed since then.

1 hour ago, jh7459 said:

39 minutes ago, Elegy said:

You do have to do a 5 stem cell run, because the Collector only spawns on a 5 stem cell run.  Also have to do him no damage.. for a bronze trophy.  The game has changed a good deal and new meta builds replaced basically all the old ones.  I only did it last December but I am unsure if the meta has changed since then.

Not only this, but there are some areas that are only available in BC5

2 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

Not only this, but there are some areas that are only available in BC5

This makes me sad, I really enjoyed Dead Cells so I welcome more trophies. But I did NOT enjoy max difficulty runs, it just was not an enjoyable experience for me.

Hopefully there isn't much required from this.

2 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Guess the devs came to the realization that they can add trophies to their dlcs lmao. Always wondered why they never added any despite all the updates and content drops but either way that's just more incentive for me to replay this masterpiece. 

I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that Sony charges something like $30,000 each time you go through the trophy certification process. So sometimes it's not in the cards to add trophies to DLC, especially when the majority of the DLC has been free.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

This makes me sad, I really enjoyed Dead Cells so I welcome more trophies. But I did NOT enjoy max difficulty runs, it just was not an enjoyable experience for me.

Hopefully there isn't much required from this.

I love this game, but I also really disliked the max BSC runs as well.  I might give the new DLCs a shot but I don't think I'll worry about getting back to 100% again.  Beating the Collector with no damage? Pffft.