Paul

Can I play on the NA servers on PC and link my Sega ID to the JP PS4 servers?

6 posts in this topic

I’ll be honest: I’m interested in PSO2, but considering this game is cross-platform, I’d rather play on PC and sync my trophies once I’m done. Is it possible, or will I be locked out of obtaining the 100% unless I play on PS4 exclusively? 

No, you cannot cross-play an NA account and a JP account, though if you want, on PC you can use PSO2 tweaker to make the JP version translate to English and sync that account with your PS4 one. That's what I do.

49 minutes ago, MidnightReaper47 said:

No, you cannot cross-play an NA account and a JP account, though if you want, on PC you can use PSO2 tweaker to make the JP version translate to English and sync that account with your PS4 one. That's what I do.

That's great news! I've also been very interested in playing this game but only PC has to translate plugins. So I take it you're playing on PC via a VPN? How's the connection to JP servers?

And do trophies autopop on sync when you login with your JP account on PS4?

On 4/13/2022 at 2:16 PM, Sydoki said:

That's great news! I've also been very interested in playing this game but only PC has to translate plugins. So I take it you're playing on PC via a VPN? How's the connection to JP servers?

And do trophies autopop on sync when you login with your JP account on PS4?

The connection is actually pretty good! I use ProtonVPN, it's free and decent. I also use it on ps4 by using my PC as a hotspot.

If you plan to do it, use these instructions https://support.nordvpn.com/Connectivity/Windows/1441319672/Share-VPN-via-a-mobile-hotspot-on-Windows-10.htm it works the same for generally all VPNs. I think trophies auto pop, but I haven't done much testing on it, I just play casually sometimes.

Nothing ever autopops in this game, has been this way since Vita and with PS4. You have to re-do any action if you had done it previously such as PSE bursts, boss hunts, swap for level-ups, etc. So might as well do everything on PS4.

On 4/14/2022 at 1:56 PM, MidnightReaper47 said:

The connection is actually pretty good! I use ProtonVPN, it's free and decent. I also use it on ps4 by using my PC as a hotspot.

If you plan to do it, use these instructions https://support.nordvpn.com/Connectivity/Windows/1441319672/Share-VPN-via-a-mobile-hotspot-on-Windows-10.htm it works the same for generally all VPNs. I think trophies auto pop, but I haven't done much testing on it, I just play casually sometimes.

I have NordVPN, so that won't be much of an issue. But thank you for responding!