ShinobiMonk

born sapper and return to sender bugged

38 posts in this topic

exactly what title says, tried trophy multiple times made sure i did it the right way and still nothing

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you try to unlock them in 5BC? It seems that they were 'bugged' on Steam too, but at least Born Sapper unlocked for some in 5BC. I guess it's worth a try.

 

At least according to PSN stats, Born Sapper has already been achieved. 

 

(Judging by your Trophy Log you went into the Destillery in 5BC indeed... so they are indeed bugged it seems...)

Edited by Arcesius
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Did you try to unlock them in 5BC? It seems that they were 'bugged' on Steam too, but at least Born Sapper unlocked for some in 5BC. I guess it's worth a try.

 

At least according to PSN stats, Born Sapper has already been achieved. 

 

(Judging by your Trophy Log you went into the Destillery in 5BC indeed... so they are indeed bugged it seems...)

yes i tried it in 5 bc. i also tried it on normal as well. no dice. spent hours on the trophies already

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, I can't get either of the two trophies to pop either. Definitely met the requirements, but nothing. 

 

I can also confirm that :bronze: Me, jealous? is bugged. I unlocked Serenade, used Mushroom Boi and Serenade (in that order), which caused Serenade to kill the Mushroom and a short scene. The trophy didn't pop. 

Edited by Arcesius
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

submitted a bug report in for those 3 trophies in the discord.... fingers crossed it gets patched

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2021 at 11:19 PM, YankeeLance said:

exactly what title says, tried trophy multiple times made sure i did it the right way and still nothing

 

On 12/22/2021 at 3:15 AM, Arcesius said:

Yep, I can't get either of the two trophies to pop either. Definitely met the requirements, but nothing. 

 

I can also confirm that :bronze: Me, jealous? is bugged. I unlocked Serenade, used Mushroom Boi and Serenade (in that order), which caused Serenade to kill the Mushroom and a short scene. The trophy didn't pop. 

These are being popped in both EU and NA version. Serenade trophy has not, but the 2 distillery ones have.   I tried for a couple hours and couldn t make anything happen.

 

Edited by maisie666
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering there is just one person in both EU and NA version that got either one or both of the Derelict Distillery trophies they are probably bugged, these two trophies along with the Serenade one were also bugged on release to the Steam version as they were un-achievable until it was fixed in an update. It might be the same issue as with the Steam version, since no one else has unlocked them on EU/NA version for Dead Cells on PS4 so far according to PSNProfiles. Have done Derelict Distillery 10-15 times now without using the Barrel Launcher and at least killed one Infected Worker with his own barrel 20 times, don't know what else to do to unlock them but wait until it's fixed. xD 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nemis132 said:

Considering there is just one person in both EU and NA version that got either one or both of the Derelict Distillery trophies they are probably bugged, these two trophies along with the Serenade one were also bugged on release to the Steam version as they were un-achievable until it was fixed in an update. It might be the same issue as with the Steam version, since no one else has unlocked them on EU/NA version for Dead Cells on PS4 so far according to PSNProfiles. Have done Derelict Distillery 10-15 times now without using the Barrel Launcher and at least killed one Infected Worker with his own barrel 20 times, don't know what else to do to unlock them but wait until it's fixed. xD 

Yep, i was a little optimistic after seeing the trophies showing up, but after a couple more hours, i think you are right.  Wait for patch...  I hate it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,

 

I just got born sapper and return to sender! I got them on 4BC right after taking the 5th boss cell of the giant.

The throphies are finicky since I they didn't pop when I played on 2BC or 3BC so my best advice is to keep playing the level on 4 or 5BC - I think they maybe require you to have at least the 5BC unlocked?

 

Pic of return to sender

 

Pic of born sapper

 

I'm going check if the higher BC's are also the solution for the me jealous? throphy, since I only tried that one on 3BC.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Laozuli said:

Hey guys,

 

I just got born sapper and return to sender! I got them on 4BC right after taking the 5th boss cell of the giant.

The throphies are finicky since I they didn't pop when I played on 2BC or 3BC so my best advice is to keep playing the level on 4 or 5BC - I think they maybe require you to have at least the 5BC unlocked?

 

Pic of return to sender

 

Pic of born sapper

 

I'm going check if the higher BC's are also the solution for the me jealous? throphy, since I only tried that one on 3BC.

 

 

Congratulations on getting the trophies. I tried it on my 5BC playthrough and couldn't get them to pop. I copied my save file before entering the distillery so I could try it multiple times without having to replay all of the earlier biomes. I'll try to do it on 4BC.

Edited by DarkGermanGamer
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Laozuli said:

Hey guys,

 

I just got born sapper and return to sender! I got them on 4BC right after taking the 5th boss cell of the giant.

The throphies are finicky since I they didn't pop when I played on 2BC or 3BC so my best advice is to keep playing the level on 4 or 5BC - I think they maybe require you to have at least the 5BC unlocked?

 

Pic of return to sender

 

Pic of born sapper

 

I'm going check if the higher BC's are also the solution for the me jealous? throphy, since I only tried that one on 3BC.

 

 

awesome, i was hoping someone would report a victory.   The person on NA version to get 'return to sender' was not on 4bc.  And the other person on the EU version with both has not achieved the perfect extraction yet.  Did you have the barrel launcher unlocked when you entered the distillery from previous runs?  Anything else ?  Did you use the homologous rune or the barrel teleporter guy to get the key?  Did you have a barrel Launcher in your inventory when you gained the key and left?   

Edited by maisie666
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, maisie666 said:

awesome, i was hoping someone would report a victory.   The person on NA version to get 'return to sender' was not on 4bc.  And the other person on the EU version with both has not achieved the perfect extraction yet.  Did you have the barrel launcher unlocked when you entered the distillery from previous runs?  Anything else ?  Did you use the homologous rune or the barrel teleporter guy to get the key?  Did you have a barrel Launcher in your inventory when you gained the key and left?   

Hmmm I don't have the blueprint for the launcher and I only used it once on my "main" savefile way back before the dlc throphies were available. I lost my platinum savefile so I replayed the game a bit last summer until 2BC to check the new content. On a sidenote the monk throphy is missible (and the caverns one probably too) since I already openend the doors on my main file. I had to do it again on a new file to get those throphies. 

 

During this run, I never touched the launcher. Didn't pick it up or even hovered over it. Just left it were it is and ignored it.

 

Got the key by breaking the wall with one of the barrels that spawn from above it, you only need to break 3 walls I think. The one in the beginning, before the key and the one before the door to the throne room. This one needs to be destroyed using a barrel from the worker standing before it. 

 

I played the level in the same way on 2BC and 3BC, yet it only popped on 4BC after beating the giant and getting the final boss cell.......

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Laozuli said:

Hmmm I don't have the blueprint for the launcher and I only used it once on my "main" savefile way back before the dlc throphies were available. I lost my platinum savefile so I replayed the game a bit last summer until 2BC to check the new content. On a sidenote the monk throphy is missible (and the caverns one probably too) since I already openend the doors on my main file. I had to do it again on a new file to get those throphies. 

 

During this run, I never touched the launcher. Didn't pick it up or even hovered over it. Just left it were it is and ignored it.

 

Got the key by breaking the wall with one of the barrels that spawn from above it, you only need to break 3 walls I think. The one in the beginning, before the key and the one before the door to the throne room. This one needs to be destroyed using a barrel from the worker standing before it. 

 

I played the level in the same way on 2BC and 3BC, yet it only popped on 4BC after beating the giant and getting the final boss cell.......

 

Damn... Annoying to hear that you might have to do all that just to get those trophies. xD Yet on Steam, friends of mine got them after unlocking 1BC when it was fixed there because no one could unlock them. >.>; But alas, it's not impossible. Just a bit time consuming.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Laozuli said:

Hmmm I don't have the blueprint for the launcher and I only used it once on my "main" savefile way back before the dlc throphies were available. I lost my platinum savefile so I replayed the game a bit last summer until 2BC to check the new content. On a sidenote the monk throphy is missible (and the caverns one probably too) since I already openend the doors on my main file. I had to do it again on a new file to get those throphies. 

 

During this run, I never touched the launcher. Didn't pick it up or even hovered over it. Just left it were it is and ignored it.

 

Got the key by breaking the wall with one of the barrels that spawn from above it, you only need to break 3 walls I think. The one in the beginning, before the key and the one before the door to the throne room. This one needs to be destroyed using a barrel from the worker standing before it. 

 

I played the level in the same way on 2BC and 3BC, yet it only popped on 4BC after beating the giant and getting the final boss cell.......

 

I wonder if it matters that im using a save file with the plat in Oct 2018.  Don t think thats it, but i see the other 2 people to pop it both got the plat in 2021.   I have no memory of the distillery, but i did play rise of the giant and its possible i did both requirements back when it came out.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maisie666 said:

I wonder if it matters that im using a save file with the plat in Oct 2018.  Don t think thats it, but i see the other 2 people to pop it both got the plat in 2021.   I have no memory of the distillery, but i did play rise of the giant and its possible i did both requirements back when it came out.

I had to make a new account for the Cultist Outfit door achievement, otherwise I unlocked every new achievement on my original save file I've had since the game was released. That Cultist Outfit achievement shouldn't be an issue because that's technically the only achievement that's "soft-locked" if you have already opened that door on your main file. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maisie666 said:

I wonder if it matters that im using a save file with the plat in Oct 2018.  Don t think thats it, but i see the other 2 people to pop it both got the plat in 2021.   I have no memory of the distillery, but i did play rise of the giant and its possible i did both requirements back when it came out.

I don't think that is the problem. I never entered the distillery before the trophies were added.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maisie666 said:

I wonder if it matters that im using a save file with the plat in Oct 2018.  Don t think thats it, but i see the other 2 people to pop it both got the plat in 2021.   I have no memory of the distillery, but i did play rise of the giant and its possible i did both requirements back when it came out.

 

Yeah I don't think that would be an issue. A new file would only be necessary for "the cowl does not make the monk" if you did that previously before the throphy's like I did. 

 

Update on Me jealous? : tried it on 4BC and 5BC by using Serenade with both the owl or the mushroom boi and nothing worked. Tried everything but that one is completely bugged

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bound for hell (sacrificing mushroom boi) seems to be glitchy. It popped for me right after I equiped that skill.

I also tried returned to sender without success on normal.

hopefully the devs will fix these bugs.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ranari_Kai said:

Bound for hell (sacrificing mushroom boi) seems to be glitchy. It popped for me right after I equiped that skill.

I also tried returned to sender without success on normal.

hopefully the devs will fix these bugs.

They are awesome developers, they will fix for sure these trophies.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update 1.31 dropped on playstation, preparing the game for the DLC coming out later today. They also mention "various bug fixes", but I tried to get "Me, Jealous?" and the trophy is still bugged. I guess the two Destillary-related ones are as well, I will play through the game tonight with the new DLC, but I have no hope. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to ask about it on the dev stream thats going on right now (link is on twitter).

But they kinda keep ignoring the question......

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Laozuli said:

I'm trying to ask about it on the dev stream thats going on right now (link is on twitter).

But they kinda keep ignoring the question......

I have asked about that earler in the stream but they haven't given me much information either. They said that someone is currently working on the achievements and they'd let him know.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DarkGermanGamer said:

I have asked about that earler in the stream but they haven't given me much information either. They said that someone is currently working on the achievements and they'd let him know.

Awesome! Best we can do is keep reporting it as bugged on the discord (they mentioned its the best way to attract attention).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope it is fixed soon. Think I will keep a save file right in front of these bugged trophies with notes so I don't overwrite them lmao.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure if all that many have played the new DLC yet, but I'm having an issue with the trophies for beating the Queen unlocking. There's supposed to be dialogue before the fight but it just starts right away, without even the name of the boss popping up like all the others.

 

Edit: Figured this out, make sure you don't have skip cutscenes on in the options. It basically breaks the fight.

Edited by dertswa687o
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.