[NA] Holiday Sale | Ends 1/20

Neocarleen

Most of the stuff on my wishlist is too new...so they only have 20-25% discounts unfortunately. Or we have something like Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey that has been on my wishlist since it launched, the game goes on sale literally all the time, but never falls below $16 (60%), it's just principal at this point that I keep waiting...as soon as I buy it, it'll finally hit a deeper discount. 

Might get Terminator Resistance Enhanced...just wish it was like $5 cheaper. 

i'll be making some passes at this sale next week. not going to get them all but i can try: i did prioritize the most essential games on the first buy:

Toki (ps4)
Star Ocean First Departure R (ps4) not the insane long hour version game
Starlite: Defender Of Justice (ps4)
Trulon: The Shadow Engine (ps4)
Feather (ps4)
Bone Marrow (ps4) (ps5)
Need for speed hot pursuit remastered (ps4) platted this back in the ps3 days
Need for speed Heat (ps4) it's rivals but i'll give it another chance
Watch Dogs Legion Gold Edition (ps4) (ps5) all dlc included
Zero Strain (ps5)
Dragonball Xenoverse 2 (ps4)

3 attempts remaining. i'll be playing through fallout 3 for a very long time. really enjoying it. the pawn shop copy works no problem. bought it for 5$ a long time ago.

Edited by Lordguwa
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Definitely will pick up Hades. Debating on grabbing SMT3N and maybe one or two other things.

Hades is only $14.99+tax and free shipping, but used at Gamefly 

In case you like the box art and stuff. ;)

Their game/box comes in Like New quality 99% of the time. I buy used from them a lot.

https://www.gamefly.com/game/hades/5030002

SMT3N I wouldn't even consider that a sale as the game can be had physically at 30$ New at most places. 

I mean Gamestop has it New for $19.99 right now

GAMETOP

There's definitely some sweet deals in the sale, but those don't seem that great. But then I'm a cheapy so maybe that's why. haha ?

Edited by NERVergoproxy

17 hours ago, EverythingOnFire said:

Thanks for the heads-up. ?

Will get Trover Saves the Universe. Might get Art of Rally. Want to get Terminator: Resistance, but IDK. Wish the Enhanced edition was 5 bucks cheaper.

I believe if you buy the PS4 version of Terminator you get a free upgrade to the PS5 enhanced edition

3 hours ago, Mercenary09 said:

I believe if you buy the PS4 version of Terminator you get a free upgrade to the PS5 enhanced edition

I looked at Alan Wake, which is a well known free-upgrade-to-PS5-version title, and it just has one listing stating " This product entitles you to download both the digital PS4™ version and the digital PS5™ version of this game". Then I checked out Terminator Resistance, and it has two seperate listings, and says nothing about a free upgrade.

I looked into it a little, and it's a bit of a confusing mess. If you had the PS4 version before the Enhanced Edition was released, then you got a free upgrade, but some people are claiming that it only applies to the digital version. Others are claiming that you get the upgrade no matter what, but that it doesn't work in North America, while some in NA says it worked for them just fine.

I'm tempted to buy the PS4 version and see what happens, but I'm nervous because the "Annihilation Line" DLC is only available on PS5. It's incredible how the video game industry can make buying games so confusing.

Either way, thank you for the info. I'll look into this further.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EverythingOnFire said:

I looked at Alan Wake, which is a well known free-upgrade-to-PS5-version title, and it just has one listing stating " This product entitles you to download both the digital PS4™ version and the digital PS5™ version of this game". Then I checked out Terminator Resistance, and it has two seperate listings, and says nothing about a free upgrade.

I looked into it a little, and it's a bit of a confusing mess. If you had the PS4 version before the Enhanced Edition was released, then you got a free upgrade, but some people are claiming that it only applies to the digital version. Others are claiming that you get the upgrade no matter what, but that it doesn't work in North America, while some in NA says it worked for them just fine.

I'm tempted to buy the PS4 version and see what happens, but I'm nervous because the "Annihilation Line" DLC is only available on PS5. It's incredible how the video game industry can make buying games so confusing.

Either way, thank you for the info. I'll look into this further.

Yeah Sony's upgrade process is pretty terrible from game to game. If you do buy it let me know if the upgrade works. I'm considering getting it myself.

Wowza! This looks like one of the best sales in a very long time. I’m going to have to go through this list carefully looking for hidden gems because there are heaps of games I’m unfamiliar with. But out of the ones I am familiar with or have already platinumed, I can say there are tons of amazing gems and game bundles at astonishingly low prices. Many in the $5-10 range.

I will probably have to grab Pyre, Resident Evil 3, and Yooka Laylee: The Impossible Lair.

If anyone else has suggestions for indies, hidden gems, or lesser known titles that are must plays or really enjoyable platinums I am all ears! ?

On 12/23/2021 at 6:16 PM, Mercenary09 said:

Yeah Sony's upgrade process is pretty terrible from game to game. If you do buy it let me know if the upgrade works. I'm considering getting it myself.

It works. I bought the Digital PS4 version earlier and the PS5 Enhanced is free. PS4 version is slightly cheaper, so this worked out. 

• Like 1

On 25/12/2021 at 11:21 PM, dieselmanchild said:

If anyone else has suggestions for indies, hidden gems, or lesser known titles that are must plays or really enjoyable platinums I am all ears! 1f642.png

One of the best stealth-action titles ever crafted, Mark of the Ninja: Remastered is a must-play.

• Like 1

Well, I promised myself no video games purchases in 2022 (unless a miracle remaster of a Dragon Age game or an Elder Scrolls game surprises us), so why not go out with a bang?  Picked these titles up: eleven discounted and two full price:

theHunter: Call of the Wild Diamond Edition

Trulon

Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan

Lost Words: Beyond the Page

Silver Chains

Space Explore

Starlite: Defender of Justice

A Short Hike

Teacup

Car Demolition Clicker

Torchlight 2

Crown Trick

I Saw Black Clouds

On 2021-12-30 at 8:36 AM, zizimonster said:

One of the best stealth-action titles ever crafted, Mark of the Ninja: Remastered is a must-play.

Thanks so much Zizi, this is exactly what I was looking for. A title I’ve never heard of, highly rated, a genre I haven’t really explored much (stealth), decent price, and what looks to be a fun trophy list. Appreciate you taking the time to post this bro I’m definitely grabbing it. ?

• Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 4:16 PM, Mercenary09 said:

Hey, sorry it took this long to get back to you. I finally bought Terminator Resistance today, and I can confirm that the PS4 version does include the Enhanced edition.

I bought the PS4 version using my PC, went to my game library via my PS5 and clicked on the Terminator Resistance tab, and off to the right side of the screen there was a link to purchase the Enhanced version for $0.00. ?

• Like 1