Any tip for Killing Machine?

re-installer

I have done 30-40 multi-player matches so far and my personal best is 5 consecutive kills.

I have been using sniper rifle, mines, rocket launcher, Mantys engine, and supply armour. I googled and found a couple of techniques, but I am not even close to get the trophy. Any one has a tip for me?

I can see people struggling with this trophy, especially if you don't have multiplayer FPS experience. I have days invested onto the multiplayer of Battlefield and Call of Duty, despite this being on the vita I must say those skills transferred directly over to this game. 

Play smart and play defensive. Don't go running around aimlessly, because you're probably going to get killed. When it comes to succeeding in shooters it all comes down to thinking ahead of the enemies. Whether it's MLG or casual gaming you must think ahead. I recommend using the "Mantys Engine" as your VAN guard. If you know how to use it properly, it's DEADLY. I have gone on 10+ kill streaks using the mantys engine alone. It's crazy how over powered it is. So basically just get a few kills so you can use the mantys engine, and just fly around in that. If you're still short of ten kills after using the mantys engine, just play smart and get the last few kills you may need. If you mess up, just try again.

If worse does come to worse... you can always boost for it by making a Gaming Session. But that's far less rewarding. 

Edited by PipeSwinger
  • Like 2

Thanks for your advice. I agree it would be less rewarding if I make a gaming session. I will try again to pull this off by myself.

Just wonder if you have a opinion about the game modes. Which one do you think is good for this trophy? Guerrilla Warfare, I reckon?

Any game mode. I personally always played Mercenary Warfare. The reason I liked this one is because I honestly don't trust my teammates that much, but I still love to win, so this was a game mode where I could win and wouldn't have to worry about how my teammates perform. But like I said, any game mode. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got it on the map Skyline as it is extremely close quarters and it was Guerilla Warfare. I didn't need to follow specific tactics or class set ups, I just went in and got a 11 streak using only my primary weapon.

For the record I was using:

STA-52SE

Ballistic Armor

Edited by KillCount2121

• 3 months later...

I'm pretty disappointed they let this go like this...

Why? I see this as a decent safeguard against dead and or dying  online community. It took me an hour yesterday to play 2 rounds on a weekend and they were all 2v3 rounds against higher level experts. Sure you could boost this but wouldn't it be the same thing as the botzone?

Why? I see this as a decent safeguard against dead and or dying  online community. It took me an hour yesterday to play 2 rounds on a weekend and they were all 2v3 rounds against higher level experts. Sure you could boost this but wouldn't it be the same thing as the botzone?

Yeah but you clearly don't see what I mean.

Yeah but you clearly don't see what I mean.

Ok then, would you mind explaining it? No sarcasm i'm curious.

If i had to guess i would assuming you do not agree with the fact that the trophy can now be earned  "without skill" which is true, the botzone lessens the difficulty of earning some of the online trophies. The best possible outcome to earn the trophies "legitimately" on all online trophies such as these is to play them when they are first released, afterwards the online community drop off is almost drastic. If you don't play these games during that time frame you are SOL unless you boost, the bot zone prevents this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just recently started the game and have had trouble with finding full games online for MP, or games that weren't stacked with very skilled players as well, so I think the Botzone option was great.  Granted it was very easy to get a 10 kill streak in Botzone, but I think it was a fantastic solution to allowing the game to be playable when the community dies down.

Not to mention that the one of the great things about the Vita is that it's a portable system and when I'm on the go I rarely have constant access to the internet, so the ability to play some FPS deathmatch on an airplane or anywhere I can't get online has been wonderful!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hey guys I have a question.

Recently me and my friend played online in private session. I got 10 kill streak but the trophy won't pop up. 

Why is that? Should I play in public session to get this?

One other thing:

I also wanna unlock Spangled trophy by the same method as above but that one also won't pop up. My friend tranquilized me many times already but still no luck.   :(  

Edited by the_genma1990

• 2 years later...

I was struggling a lot too to get this trophy because I pretty much suck at this game... I've set a Mercenary Warfare match on Botzone and I hid behind some boxes in a corner, killed some bots until I got my Mantys Engine set, got a couple more kills with it (not enough to complete a 10 kill streak though, it got destroyed before that), killed some more bots and voila.