Persona 5 Strikers, Deep Rock Galactic, and Dirt 5 are January's PS+ games

Abby_TheLastofUs

Persona 5, a Dynasty-type game?

It is an action game, yes. 
It doesn't follow the musuo formula.

The negative energy is pretty wild for games you can't even describe correctly. I get not liking a game, genre, or even art style. Saying everything you personally don't like or even won't play is trash? That is just childish. I don't need to be hyped for any PS+ game but I also don't need to cry like a brat when I find games I do not want to play

• Like 4

Seems a really solid line up if true.

P5S seems a perfect fit for PS+ - a game with franchise cache, but a side-story in a separate genre, so one not everyone will have bought already.

Dirt 5 seems, again, a very well put together game, but in the (relatively) niché genre of Rally games, so a good one for people not comfortable forking out cash on a whim to be able to sample the genre.

Haven't heard much about Deep Rock Galactic - but the few snippets I've picked up over time have been overwhelmingly positive!  Bringing a MP PC game over and making it PS+ from the get-go seems a good way to ensure a solid player base on Playstation - those who have it on PC don't need to re-buy.

Let's hope the leak bears out ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Any pc/xbox player know if Deep Rock Galactic can be done solo? I'm sick of multiplayer only games.

You can do most of the game solo if the TrueAchievements.com Guide is to be believed but some of the trophies require a full lobby of 4 people to get, though there are one or two that can be done with just 2 people if I'm reading it right.

• Like 2

I hear about how good Deep Rock Galactic is from Steam players all the time, so I'm up trying it out.

P5 Strikers isn't a game I'd buy on my own, but if I'm being handed a copy sure, why not.

Dirt 5 is of no interest to me.

Two out of three isn't bad.

Dirt Rally 5 is just add to backlog and never look.

Heard good things about Deep Rock Galactic, interested in it.

Persona 5 Strikers makes the month for me. 

------

Expecting Jan, Feb and March be good or excellent months. Sony posts financial statements in March 31st. Ramp up that PS+ and PSNOW Subs.

Edited by Kishnabe

Persona 5 Strikers would be huge. I played it in the summer. A lot of people have played Persona 5 (PS Plus Collection or otherwise) or Persona 5 Royal. Strikers isn't obscure or anything, but it's not as popular. Not to mention, it's relatively new still and not a budget title yet when sold at its normal price. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, InsomniWrench said:

Ugh, I haven't had a win with PS Plus since July. Glad others seem to be happy with this selection if it's accurate though.

Last one I played was from July as well. I thought I was just being overly picky, but it looks like people generally dont play the vast majority of PS+ games according to the thread below. Cant wait for PS's rumoured game pass ultimate equivalent.

• Like 2

but it looks like people generally dont play the vast majority of PS+ games according to the thread below.

Threads demand comments. Few threads ever get enough comments to represent the active gaming community as a whole. You should look at passive data gathering.

https://psnprofiles.com/games?order=popular

The new monthly PS+ games tend to be the most played on this site for the first week or two of the month. Then 1 or 2 stick around the highly played list for the rest of the month.

• Like 1

Still haven't gotten very far into Persona 5 yet, but I've been interested in Strikers since it was announced nonetheless.

Hopefully this leak is true, although this person has been reliable so far it seems.

I don't have much of an opinion on the other games, but I'll take a look at them anyways. :P

Edited by Zephrese

1 hour ago, JediKnight_327 said:

Last one I played was from July as well. I thought I was just being overly picky, but it looks like people generally dont play the vast majority of PS+ games according to the thread below. Cant wait for PS's rumoured game pass ultimate equivalent.

1 hour ago, TJ_Solo said:

Threads demand comments. Few threads ever get enough comments to represent the active gaming community as a whole. You should look at passive data gathering.

https://psnprofiles.com/games?order=popular

The new monthly PS+ games tend to be the most played on this site for the first week or two of the month. Then 1 or 2 stick around the highly played list for the rest of the month.

Both are true.  The % of site users here than plays a PS Plus game is pretty low on average.  

But that % is still enough to put it in most played territory since Plus membership here is so large.

• Like 1

Honestly the range of genres being represented on plus is fairly good right now. In the last 4 months (including this leak) we have had a game from most major genres, even if they aren't always the best in those genres. Sports, racing, rpg, party, shooter. We even got some bonus vr titles too!

That doesn't excuse the rubbish regarding game upgrades and the godfall "demo version" of course.

• Like 1