Persona 5 Strikers, Deep Rock Galactic, and Dirt 5 are January's PS+ games

Abby_TheLastofUs

There’s not a lot here to excite me personally, but overall not a bad month.

I know Persona 5 is quite popular, but I have zero interest in anime/JRPG type games. I might give Strikers a shot down the line just for the sake of exploring something new.

DRG is rumoured to be pretty grindy based on the Xbox achievements, but the co-op aspect is cool. I have a friend who I usually play these sorts of PS+ games with so it might be something we can play together.

And Dirt 5 is a nice, short little racer that is enjoyable enough and very easy to platinum. I’ve already got this one unfortunately, but would recommend for the easy trophies, and as a good gateway game for people like myself who aren’t huge on racing games. It’s a bit more arcadey than other Dirt games.

Good month. 3 games that seem worth playing. DIRT 5 will probably be the first I will play to continue my Platinum streak in the main series which started at number 2.

Persona 5 Strikers is also one I wanted to play at some point. So, this comes in handy. 

Deep Rock Galactic I don't know. Maybe I will give it a try if there is an audience here. Great idea to launch it brand new to the PlayStation Plus. It firestarted Fall Guys and it should have done with Knockout City...

26 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Dirt 5 has 4 DLC packs. If I understand correctly, the only way to obtain them is through "Dirt 5 — Year One Upgrade"? That thing costs 35€. :o

They can be bought individually as well (at least on the New Zealand store so I assume that would apply elsewhere as well). Of course you’d be silly to pay full price for it ;) and looking at platprices it it goes on sale every few months with the last 2 sales being 50% off (the most recent sale needing PS+ for the full discount).

Already 100% D5 and I’m not sad I payed for it on offer, I’m happy to fund Codemasters they make the best racers, as for Dirt 5 itself, great for people new to racing games or not too skilled at them, this one is actually tailored at those people, but that’s why I didn’t like it, I knew that before buying which is why I waited tho, I prefer the tough n gritty realistic DR2.0, just added this to the Dirt list of plats I have but yeah a decent game all round if I’m being unbiased.

Not interested in Persona, so that leaves a lengthy grind of a platinum with online trophies sprinkled in.. YAY... might wait to renew my plus subscription until there’s a great line up I don’t already own, hell they could just made PSNOW good and we’d all be better off paying monthly for that instead 

• Like 1

Happy for those who didn't have Persona 5 Strikers. It's pretty cool that PS5 owners can now get through Persona 5 and Persona 5 Strikers through PS Plus. 

A lot of people say Persona 5 Royal should've been a monthly game. Honestly, it would just make sense to replace the vanilla version of 5 with it in the PS Plus collection. Or maybe Royal will be on PS Now one day.

22 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

They're paid on PC, so yes.

I don't think that those DLCs on the Steam page are the DLCs listed on the trophy page. 

Abyss Bar and Deep Dives are the DLC but look like they were free updates to the game.

Edit: I could be totally wrong. I don't have the game on PC and rarely use Steam.

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 1