Persona 5 Strikers, Deep Rock Galactic, and Dirt 5 are January's PS+ games

Abby_TheLastofUs

24 minutes ago, ConAir said:

Definitely. Unless players can create their own missions, this will take a while.

There is no custom mission creator AFAIK in DRG, just the pre-set missions that come with the game but new mission types will be added in the future, along with new cosmetics and guns. Some of the missions can take a really long time to finish if you play solo but there are some really good solo players out there who have managed to solo the Deep Dives without too much trouble :). Also, you can do certain online trophies solo in private lobbies with just you and the A.I bot the game gives you.

On 30/12/2021 at 9:31 PM, TJ_Solo said:

I don't think that those DLCs on the Steam page are the DLCs listed on the trophy page. 

Abyss Bar and Deep Dives are the DLC but look like they were free updates to the game.

Edit: I could be totally wrong. I don't have the game on PC and rarely use Steam.

This^

All the trophy DLCs are free updates AFAIK but the trophyless cosmetics packs are premium items you have to buy via the PS Store. Fortunately, there are no microtransaction currencies in this game and there never will be - nor are there any pay-to-win or scummy FOMO practices with the Cosmetics tree, because all the unearned items go back into the game at the end of the season, to be unlocked through exploration and as mission rewards.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Good month for me, the only game I have zero interest in is Dirt 5. I just got Persona 5 Royal a couple of weeks ago, I did plan to play Strikers at some point too, so getting it this way is nice. But who knows when I will get around to Strikers since I heard P5R is over 100 hours, and I am currently playing another long jrpg, DQ XI.

I heard only great things about Deep Rock Galactic, but it's not the type of game I am particularly fond of, I tried a few of them over the years, but I get bored super fast for some reason. But I might give it a try since I am subscribed and all that.

1 hour ago, RustyZero said:

Anybody knows if we'll keep the "permanent trial" ps4 version of Dirt 5, if we claim the game, or will it be replaced by ps+ licence ?

I've tried redeeming the game. From the site's Library it appears under the PS+ titles, but it has no expiration date on PS4, like before.

Edited by Lance_87

15 minutes ago, RustyZero said:

Thanks !  ;-)

Another small update: it does appear under the Plus game in the Library from PS4. But again, it has no expiration date.

I think that's a little inaccurate anyway since the PS+ Library still includes Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, but i bought the complete edition with all DLC years ago and it should've overwritten the license. This is the first time i try to "get rid" of a non-Plus game to get a Plus license.

EDIT: even my copy of FF7 Remake appears under the "Installed" Plus games in the PS4 Library. However, i currently have the install data from a physical disc.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1