RDR unlimited multiplayer XP (0 to level 50 in an hour)

BinkUncia

This is so cheap, where is the fun in exploiting a glitch to reach a goal? Doesn't this undermine the whole concept of trophy hunting

Yes it's cheap, but it's also time-efficient. RDR's MP is great fun, but I'd rather be doing something other than grinding a single trophy for 30+ hours.

Besides, it's Rockstar's fault this is in the game and it is entirely optional whether or not you use it. We're merely taking advantage of the short window of time that the glitch is active before they either a. fix the problem, or b. shut down the servers. Chances are neither will happen any time soon, but you never know, so use it or lose it.

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 2

There are two free DLCs in the PS Store - Outlaws to the End and Myths and Mavericks. It's postulated though not proven that the Hunting and Trading DLC may be linked to the glitch, but if someone else in the gaming session has it, that should be enough to trigger it for all players in that session. As soon as I installed Hunting and Trading, my glitch triggered after an hour of trying without it installed, but that was more likely luck of the draw.

In short, don't buy DLC, just keep switching lobbies until you find the NPCs lying around near the train station in McFarlane's Ranch.

Thanks for the info. I'll try that before buying the dlc disc again.

Yes it's cheap, but it's also time-efficient. RDR's MP is great fun, but I'd rather be doing something other than grinding a single trophy for 30+ hours.

When you put it like that, it sounds more like doing trophies is a chore and therefore its justified to cheat. I actually enjoyed shooting bandits so I had no problems with reaching level 50, hell I even did it with a smile on my face.

Edited by Goekie

This is so cheap, where is the fun in exploiting a glitch to reach a goal? Doesn't this undermine the whole concept of trophy hunting

I completely get what you are saying here but the flip side is that's it's cheap that we have to deal with this as well. red dead is such a great game and I would have had no problem getting the trophies legit. But when bouncing around from server to server countless times bc of the glitch, yeah the " if ya can't beat em join em" mentality sets in.

Call it however you want it, a glitch, a shortcut. Point is you are doing something you don't enjoy one bit, otherwise you would have done it the legit way so why even bother?

So, lets say you like pizza, would  you eat 30 pizzas in one sitting? No, you would probably die before finishing. Not everybody has time to farm XP for 30+ hours just because Rockstar thought it was funny to put a trophy on such a high level.

RDR MP is fun, but some game modes are dead making the only effective way to level up quickly is a long farming.

Now, keep in mind I got my trophy legit, but would I used this glitch if I knew about it? Hell yeah, I have a lot of trophy lists to work my way through and I could've used that time to work on them.

• Like 2

So, lets say you like pizza, would  you eat 30 pizzas in one sitting? No, you would probably die before finishing. Not everybody has time to farm XP for 30+ hours just because Rockstar thought it was funny to put a trophy on such a high level.

RDR MP is fun, but some game modes are dead making the only effective way to level up quickly is a long farming.

Now, keep in mind I got my trophy legit, but would I used this glitch if I knew about it? Hell yeah, I have a lot of trophy lists to work my way through and I could've used that time to work on them.

Just because this trophy is time consuming doesn't take away the fact that this is still cheating. Now matter how you guys want to put it, this method is cutting corners. There is no achievement, you have not accomplished anything. When it says on the top right corner of your telly, you have earned a trophy, do you take pride in your achievement?

Also, I'm not quite sure what this pizza metaphor is supposed to mean?

Edited by Goekie

Just because this trophy is time consuming doesn't take away the fact that this is still cheating. Now matter how you guys want to put it, this method is cutting corners. There is no achievement, you have not accomplished anything. When it says on the top right corner of your telly, you have earned a trophy, do you take pride in your achievement?

Then don't do it, simple as that. 

Do you use walkthroughs, guides, ever looked something up on the internet? This is basically the same thing, it makes completing a task easier than it originally would've been.

Do you consider boosting to be cheating as well?

Parker 

• Like 1

Whatever, just accept the fact that nobody here is going to walk through fire to get your approval just because you think "no pain no gain", you don't like our methods? Don't use them, and just to answer your question, damn right we take pride on our achivement, that we were smarter than others to do it just make it sweeter.

• Like 2

Then don't do it, simple as that. 

Do you use walkthroughs, guides, ever looked something up on the internet? This is basically the same thing, it makes completing a task easier than it originally would've been.

Do you consider boosting to be cheating as well?

Parker 

If I'd let you do my homework just because it saves me a lot of time and I flunk my exams, I am only kidding myself. I am content when I know I have tried my best, did my homework and passed my exams. I can be proud of myself for putting in some effort to reach my goal.

You have a point Parker, I am a hypocrite. Last week I was playing Bioshock and after 3 playthroughs I've only managed to find 115 out of the 120 audio logs. I used a walkthrough to find the remainder of the logs, but hey I did my best and at least I tried. Now all of a sudden due to a glitch people are willing to get RDR platinum with little effort arguing this method is time efficient. Sure that may be true, but the original question after all was doesn't this undermine the whole idea of doing trophies.

Whatever, just accept the fact that nobody here is going to walk through fire to get your approval just because you think "no pain no gain", you don't like our methods? Don't use them, and just to answer your question, damn right we take pride on our achivement, that we were smarter than others to do it just make it sweeter.

You are free to do whatever you like, who am I to say you shouldn't. If only I were as smart as you mister

• 2 weeks later...

Some friends and I jumped on a few weeks ago with the intent of just messing around for a bit. We discovered the glitch on accident and all hit level 50 in just a few minutes. Now, I was at level 45 or 46 so I'm not going too feel bad about receiving some charity. It does seem unfair that a newcomer could quickly acheive what took most people hours but it doesn't really affect anything. Besides, it's not the fault of these gamers that the multiplayer is basically broken. I would give back my glitched levels if I could play the game normally. I just hope it gets fixed soon.

Some friends and I jumped on a few weeks ago with the intent of just messing around for a bit. We discovered the glitch on accident and all hit level 50 in just a few minutes. Now, I was at level 45 or 46 so I'm not going too feel bad about receiving some charity. It does seem unfair that a newcomer could quickly acheive what took most people hours but it doesn't really affect anything. Besides, it's not the fault of these gamers that the multiplayer is basically broken. I would give back my glitched levels if I could play the game normally. I just hope it gets fixed soon.

I doubt it's going to get fixed soon, Rockstar has to deal with GTA Online for now. And who knows? Maybe Rockstar made the glitch on purpose, reaching lvl 50 is not hard, just a long grind. Other mp trophies are way harder than this one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For a really, really easy way of earning 'mowing them down' trophy , start up the glitch and take a horse over to el presidio. Jump up on one of them cannons and shoot your horse ( or donkey or bull), within about 20-30 seconds the trophy should pop

- don't worry if the blurry screen starts going slower, it is bound to happen as you stray away from the area (you are really only earning less xp)

- you can do this with a friend, but a horse just seems easier as you can do it by yourself

-also works for the other two weapon-kill related trophies

-start up a posse whilst or before you do it to easily get the 50k posse points trophy (I don't think you need the dlc because it popped for me and I only have the free dlc and undead nightmare because I'm cheap)

- tomohawk one of the bodies and walk 35 yards away ( once again, this should pop regardless of whether you have dlc)

- may be other trophies but those are the only ones I got whilst doing this

In order for people to not use the easy way it should be either that its online trophies are only optional that its not required for platinum (Resident Evil), no trophies for online or don't even have online at all.

Edited by maurjen
  • Like 1

do you have the game of the year edition? if so maybe that's why. Glitches works for people who has the original version of Red dead redemption. In order to find the bodies have someone with the unpatched original version