Did the servers shut down early?

Hvalpen

5 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Not sure, but just to throw it out: it's the 24th in Japan right now.

Was just about to say that haha.

Yeah, this looks to be one of those times where since the servers are based in Japan, and not in the States or UK, they shuttered them at midnight local time, instead of UTC or PST/EST.

3 minutes ago, RaiantheMajin said:

I believe you can still get the online trophies in ad-hoc.

Yeah. But buying an extra vita and a copy of freedom wars, just for fashionista trophy is dumb. It feels even dumber when it's cause the 24th startet in Japan a little under two hours ago

Just now, Hvalpen said:

Yeah. But buying an extra vita and a copy of freedom wars, just for fashionista trophy is dumb. It feels even dumber when it's cause the 24th startet in Japan a little under two hours ago

I know how that feels.

Lord of Apocalypse has the multiplayer mission trophy. It is ad-hoc only. You have to do 100 multiplayer missions.

Xlink Kai will be an option once the servers are gone. What Xlink Kai does is let you play online through a game's ad-hoc or LAN feature so your console thinks the people you are playing with are in the room with you instead of far away meaning games without this won't work. This is not a private server like other online solutions.
With the exception of a couple games like Soul Sacrifice/Delta needing a patch to get around ping limits, this does not require a modded Vita.

Not sure how many people plan on continuing to play the game that way though outside of a handful of us in the Freedom Wars Discord server.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

Going by the comments here it seems you still have hope. I'd get on it quickly just in case. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

How the hell  . . I can't. It won't let me. Even downloaded the online pass just to be sure, but no dice.

It looks like you're only worried about the Fashion Accessory trophy at this time. This one is trivial to get in ad hoc. Instead of setting up an online room just create an ad hoc lobby, join it, and the trophy will pop.

EDIT: IIRC you must be CODE 4 so keep that in mind.

Edited by RNumbers

Just got communication error when trying to go online. Not sure if they are shutting down region by region. But seems like it guys, the end of the Freedom Wars online servers...

For the Greater Good!

45 minutes ago, Tiricy said:

Guys I wanna ask can I get platinum after servers shutdown ?

If you did the 3 online trophies, yes, in theory you could get the platinum. But it is going to be a hard and very long grind especially if you did not do coop in Code 8 and some of the tough Retribution missions where you will need some of the materials to get your weapon to Level 10. Even the Black Market can only do so much since it sells certain rare items but not all.

Edited by gunman47
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiricy said:

It's that much of grind ?

The end game stuff (Code 8, Retributions) is way more of a grind solo, with a much higher chance of failing the mission and losing all the materials from it. I ran 8-1 and 8-2 online a lot and they only took like 5 minutes each time with a full team. The first time I tried 8-1 solo, before going online, I couldn't finish it at all. Even with better weapons now it still takes me 30 minutes. And since this is a Monster Hunter style game, you'll be running missions over and over for certain materials.

I would advise upgrading a Phalanx to level 10 as you don't actually need to play any Retribution missions to upgrade it to the max!

You should get enough materials just doing the regular missions, and for the Abductor parts you need: Acquire them in a Showdown mission instead of any other mission type so you just have the one enemy to deal with, and loads of time to do it!

The only Retribution mission I ever did was the Jakarta one for saving 3 civilians, as it's by far the fastest way to reach 500000 years. Managed to only need about 1 hour tops to get my years reduced once I had done everything else!

Total time to platinum was around 35 hours I believe.

• Like 3