Quadruple XP and double resources is now live

Vault-TecPhantom

Reached level 50 with Hawkeye in less than a day. I think what makes this game a slog at times is that it's not really rewarding and part of that is due to the slow drip of XP and skill points.

This is the most fun I've had since starting it. The constant levelling up after each objective or tough enemy slain is very addictive. 

Jokes and hostility towards the game aside, as someone jist starting out - trophy wise - what may be the best way to start leveling up fast while it's 4x, joining MP missions?

I understand grinding every 6 base Hero to 50 is part of what makes this game a long grind, correct me

9 minutes ago, Staufway said:

Jokes and hostility towards the game aside, as someone jist starting out - trophy wise - what may be the best way to start leveling up fast while it's 4x, joining MP missions?

I understand grinding every 6 base Hero to 50 is part of what makes this game a long grind, correct me

Nowadays yes, it would be a grind. Originally when it was "bugged" and you leveled faster the more 50s you had, it was actually really fun. The problem stems from the characters being really underpowered until 35-40, then they're just unstoppable due to having most of their skills. When you just start out, you basically have a broken hero who can't do much until their key abilities are unlocked. Hulk was super underwhelming until 40, then suddenly everything would die in a matter of seconds.

I'd say the best way to level now is just grinding Hives whenever they show up. I recently did Spider-Man using the double XP items and a Hive would give at least a couple of levels. Vaults were decent too when there were no Hives active. Plus you need to grind out 50 Hives, so they're a good thing to do.

The only positive change now is your gear score is pretty high by the time you hit 50. Towards the last 50 I had, they'd have maybe 30-40 gear score, and that was from grinding Hives non-stop. With Spider-Man, I had a gear score over 100 by the time I hit 50.

• Like 1