WipeOut HD Custom Server Online

XxDeione3xX

35 minutes ago, Letenko22 said:

The flagging is sure to happen, same as with their other servers.

Aside from that I love that this game is playable online again, great job as always on their part, looking forward to playing this again!

It's not like it hasn't been possible to play the WipEout games online.
The Omega Collection was part of the monthly game collection on Playstation+.

I don't really see the need for bringing back the servers for this game, as a superior version exists which is fully functional.

• Like 3

Just now, janzor88 said:

I don't really see the need for bringing back the servers for this game, as a superior version exists which is fully functional.

There are people who don't own the those versions due to a lot of reasons and while I do agree that the majority of people can play and enjoy the PS4 version it's always great to have a choice of playing the original on the older generation. I'm glad there are people who will get to enjoy this game online once more and do hope a lot more game servers will follow suit.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Letenko22 said:

There are people who don't own the those versions due to a lot of reasons and while I do agree that the majority of people can play and enjoy the PS4 version it's always great to have a choice of playing the original on the older generation. I'm glad there are people who will get to enjoy this game online once more and do hope a lot more game servers will follow suit.

The game has 3 recent players. Let's not make it a bigger problem than it really is.
If you want to keep servers up, buy the games and support the developers instead of relying on freeloading.

• Like 3

Are you not getting the trophies legit by physically playing the game, your not hacking trophies with false times stamps.......id love to go back and finish the game. Are you getting flagged because the original server shut down or is it a time thing ? 

Edited by ELVIN_THE_LION
missed word
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ELVIN_THE_LION said:

Are you not getting the trophies legit by physically playing the game, your hacking trophies with false times stamps.......id love to go back and finish the game. Are you getting flagged because the original server shut down or is it a time thing ? 

The original servers are down. The fan server from this group of developers is not an approved server for earning trophies:

1 hour ago, janzor88 said:

Omega is definitely not superior. The soundtrack is dog**** on Omega. It's literally the same game apart from that.

Edited by XxDeione3xX
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Dear PSONE,

Stop gatekeeping your revived servers and openly share them with the community.

Sincerely,

Everyone

I don't really understand this failed logic about open source.

You have no idea how PSONEs runtime environment looks like, as they can have added optional code later.

What do you wish to accomplish by seeing their code?

Either PSNProfiles run the servers themselve to verify integrity, or it dosn't matter if your argument is to be sure no trophies can be auto-unlocked.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

What do you wish to accomplish by seeing their code?

I'd just like to point out that I personally have nothing to gain. I have all the multiplayer trophies from each of these revived servers already. I'm supporting people who don't have the trophies or would like a safe environment to try the game for the first time.

What do you wish to accomplish by supporting closed-source servers?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I'd just like to point out that I personally have nothing to gain. I have all the multiplayer trophies from each of these revived servers already. I'm supporting people who don't have the trophies or would like a safe environment to try the game for the first time.

What do you wish to accomplish by supporting closed-source servers?

We were both following the "Run like the Wind" thread when it was active, and this just seems like a continuation.

On one side we had people arguing that if they did all the requirements for a trophy, they should not be flagged - and the trophy should count.
On the other side we have mainly staff and you arguing that the server has to be open source, for people not to be flagged, as you want to be sure that admin can't hand out trophies.

Hence my statement about failed logic.
I don't really care about whether it's closed or open source. But open source ≠ knowing how the current server is functioning.

Edited by janzor88
typo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

"Run like the Wind" thread [...] and you arguing that the server has to be open source

It was my understanding that RLTW required someone with some type of modded software and/or hardware to perform the action, which is completely irrelevant to the "open source server" discussion.

9 minutes ago, Helyx said:

It was my understanding that RLTW required someone with some type of modded software and/or hardware to perform the action, which is completely irrelevant to the "open source server" discussion.

There was a general discussion about PSONEs servers.

17 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I heard from someone that their friend was able to get the trophy legitimately because they had a bounty on them from the last time they played (which was years before). How true or possible this is I have no idea. 

Edited by XxDeione3xX

4 hours ago, XxDeione3xX said:

So PSONE got the game online...

Anyone using unofficial / unapproved custom servers will be flagged. 

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

Dear PSONE,

They can't, since it'd be illegal.

41 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

Open source ≠ knowing how the current server is functioning.

You have no idea how PSONEs runtime environment looks like, as they can have added optional code later.

The open source requirement is about ensuring equal availability to everyone. Closed source servers are always controlled by someone, which can lead to blocking people, setting up private access to trophies, and other problematic issues.

If any version is found or suspected to be vastly different in a meaningful way, then the legitimacy of these 3rd party servers can be revoked at any time, indefinitely and/or retroactively.

PSNProfiles runs the servers themselves.

I actually like this idea better than the current rules, for the most part.

Edited by B1rvine

2 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Anyone using unofficial / unapproved custom servers will be flagged. 

They can't, since it'd be illegal.

The open source requirement is about ensuring equal availability to everyone. Closed source servers are always controlled by someone, which can lead to blocking people, setting up private access to trophies, and other problematic issues.

If any version is found or suspected to be vastly different in a meaningful way, then the legitimacy of these 3rd party servers can be revoked at any time, indefinitely and/or retroactively.

Since Project Lighthouse (the LBP revival) is going to be open sourced, is that gonna be approved?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

PSNProfiles run the servers themselve to verify integrity

If the coding staff from PSNP have the skills to make it happen, I'm pretty sure you could make a new paid subscription type for access to legacy game servers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

If the coding staff from PSNP have the skills to make it happen, I'm pretty sure you could make a new paid subscription type for access to legacy game servers.

While I don’t think Sony cares too much about people creating some fan servers for old titles, I do think they’ll want to weigh in on any kind of paid server access for their IP. 

I think it depends on the game being hosted, more than a general rule.

Minecraft servers come to mind firstly, where it's legal to host your own server, modify it and even charge people money for access.
Other games use a loophole where you have to "donate" money, before gaining access.

Servers costs money, so it makes sense to charge money for them one way or the other.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, XxDeione3xX said:

Since Project Lighthouse (the LBP revival) is going to be open sourced, is that gonna be approved?

No, since it requires a CFW console.

From the project page:

You will need either an emulator like RPCS3 with RPCN or a PlayStation 3 with Custom Firmware (CFW) or Hybrid Firmware (HFW). This is not just for the current stage of development. Without one of these requirements, you will not be able to use a private server.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, janzor88 said:

The game has 3 recent players. Let's not make it a bigger problem than it really is.
If you want to keep servers up, buy the games and support the developers instead of relying on freeloading.

3 recent players on PSNP, yes. I bought their games, I support the developers financially, I'm happy that the servers are up for people who want to use them. End of story.

• Like 2