Jamais Vu Update -> New Trophies?

proud2bNs

I've been researching for the new trophies criteria and well... they seem tough to get. 

There are events that require 10+ on some skill points. 

So I advise anyone willing to 100% this, that in addition to consulting the guide, search for the skill requirement for the Jamais Vu trophies.

I also think the need for new playthroughs have tightened. 

I managed to get the plat in 3.5 full playthrough. 

None of the new trophies require you to finish the game, but most of them need you to be well advanced in the story. So I think I'll have to do 3 half playthrough to get them. 

Edited by Pen_Dragon_138
correction
  • Like 1

@Pen_Dragon_138

If you're getting information from the guide I think you are then that would be incorrect. Those big numbers are actually your stat + 6 so a 14 for example is actually an 8. I believe these would be correct: Cause a Sh!tstorm requires 9 Hand/Eye Coordination. Leopard Mindset requires 8 Electrochemistry. Wheel of Pleasure and Light requires 8 Visual Calculus. Get Kim to Wear The Jacket requires 8 Suggestion and 7 Rhetoric. Baddest Brow in Town requires 8 Authority. 

Wasn't too bad for me. I thankfully had kept both my standard playthrough and a hardcore save right near the end of the game so I was able to go about getting each trophy. Had to replace a thought with something that increased the cap for a stat for a few of them. Had a nice supply of spare points too so I could boost whatever I needed. Didn't mind going back to the game to see the new stuff which I'd say for anyone starting fresh they can certainly work into a playthrough and don't need to go out of their way to get.

Edited by Rozalia1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

actually your stat + 6 so a 14 for example is actually an 8.

This. A skill of 8 is the highest you need for any passive checks in this DLC. It is also not required to fulfill those high skill requirements at the same time. You could raise a skill to 8, grab the trophy you want and reload a save to raise a different skill for another trophy.

Edit: You actually don't even have to directly raise a skill all the way to 8. You can use clothes, drugs and thoughts (learning caps or stat/skill bonus) to your advantage.

Edited by proud2bNs
  • Like 1

EDIT: I found a pretty nice guide here for anyone who's interested: https://www.gamepretty.com/disco-elysium-new-achievements-guide-jamais-vu-update-2021/

I haven't yet started the game but planning on it soon and was wondering: would anyone who got all the trophies in the main game and the DLC be able to post a short guide on how to best spec your character at the beginning of the game and when to make strategic saves to be able to get all the DLC trophies in a single playthrough? I'm aware that the base game may need two playthroughs and potentially for the platinum more but I'm wondering if there's a best way to start the game stats-wise to get the DLC trophies without having to juggle multiple characters with multiple stats on multiple saves for the DLC trophies.

Edited by l33sar54
Added a link
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

@Pen_Dragon_138

If you're getting information from the guide I think you are then that would be incorrect. Those big numbers are actually your stat + 6 so a 14 for example is actually an 8. I believe these would be correct: Leopard Mindset requires 8 Electrochemistry. Wheel of Pleasure and Light requires 8 Visual Calculus. Get Kim to Wear The Jacket requires 8 Suggestion and 7 Rhetoric. Baddest Brow in Town requires 8 Authority. 

Wasn't too bad for me. I thankfully had kept both my standard playthrough and a hardcore save right near the end of the game so I was able to go about getting each trophy. Had to replace a thought with something that increased the cap for a stat for a few of them. Had a nice supply of spare points too so I could boost whatever I needed. Didn't mind going back to the game to see the new stuff which I'd say for anyone starting fresh they can certainly work into a playthrough and don't need to go out of their way to get.

Thanks. Good to know. I got a guide saying that I need 10+ in some skills to get Mullen and Brow in Town trophies. I know about the limit cap, but I thought it would be needed cap + clothes and drugs to be able to get them. 

On 09/02/2022 at 1:35 PM, proud2bNs said:

This. A skill of 8 is the highest you need for any passive checks in this DLC. It is also not required to fulfill those high skill requirements at the same time. You could raise a skill to 8, grab the trophy you want and reload a save to raise a different skill for another trophy.

Edit: You actually don't even have to directly raise a skill all the way to 8. You can use clothes, drugs and thoughts (learning caps or stat/skill bonus) to your advantage.

You actually need a 9 for one of them which I seemed to have missed adding to my previous post so I've edited that in. Though yes, you can use clothes and drugs to get some quick boosts even if you hit a cap. Searching online whatever the stat is should give a wiki which lists what items do that and also what thoughts boost it or increase the cap for it. As long as you ain't turning down thoughts you should have whatever you need unlocked by the time of the 3/4th day that you'll do these trophies in.

21 hours ago, l33sar54 said:

EDIT: I found a pretty nice guide here for anyone who's interested: https://www.gamepretty.com/disco-elysium-new-achievements-guide-jamais-vu-update-2021/

I haven't yet started the game but planning on it soon and was wondering: would anyone who got all the trophies in the main game and the DLC be able to post a short guide on how to best spec your character at the beginning of the game and when to make strategic saves to be able to get all the DLC trophies in a single playthrough? I'm aware that the base game may need two playthroughs and potentially for the platinum more but I'm wondering if there's a best way to start the game stats-wise to get the DLC trophies without having to juggle multiple characters with multiple stats on multiple saves for the DLC trophies.

That guide is incorrect on some of the numbers it gives out. Refer to my previous post for the correct ones.

You can use an end game file to get all these trophies without issue don't worry. Drugs will boost a stat by 1 temporarily. Clothes can boost stats. Finally you can just slot in a thought to learn, pass time, and once learned increase the stat or the caps so you can boost it with your skill points. Once you're done getting the trophy you can then just load your file so you don't waste time/points.

When it comes to the main game itself the most important thing is to as mentioned above, don't reject thoughts that you get as you might need them later to boost something. Also avoid clicking circles as much as you can until you grab both the Jamais Vu (Derealization) and The Fifteenth Indotribe thoughts which can be gotten on the first day. Actual Art Degree can also be gotten quickly on the first day and can boost your XP nicely if your conceptualization is decent. The leftwing political thought would also be good but I recall it being broken (not giving XP) when I played and I don't know if it was ever fixed. Regular Law Official is a great thought to get too as it boosts all your caps. As for what stats to watch out for... getting the Pie on Day 3 is the toughest thing related to trophies to pass from what I recall which requires Authority 6, Conceptualization:4, Composure:4, Endurance:6, so in essence as long as you can meet those numbers you should be good for the rest. Be careful with the former soldier guy you can get the medal off that you need for a trophy on day 3 because if you fail that check with him I believe you don't get another chance. Don't recall anything else off the top of my head that is as bad as that.

• Like 2

I unfortunately didn't have my old hardcore save, but was able to get the jacket trophy to pop with a slightly modified version of the steps previously posted.

1) Create a save where Kim is wearing the p********* jacket

2) Create and finish a new hardcore game (I also got Kim to wear the jacket in this file, but I don't think it made any difference)

3) Start a new hardcore game, verify that Kim is wearing the black jacket and go through his initial dialogue

4) Quit the game, and load up the jacket save from step 1

5) Toggle hardcore mode on from the in-game options

I had a moment of panic after step 4 when the trophy had yet to pop, but after step 5 it unlocked right away.  I've seen people suggest the trophy is referring to Kim's black jacket, but I believe if this was the case then I should have seen the trophy pop on step 3, so it's definitely bugged in some way regardless of which jacket the trophy description is referring to.

Edited by auroranaut

• 2 months later...
On 4/2/2022 at 1:06 PM, kuj8402 said:

I did not get it until step 5.  I still had my hardcore save so it just reloaded it.  After I beat the game I started a new game on hardcore saw he had on the black jacket and it still did not pop.  Then I closed out of the game completely.   Then reloaded the save where he put on the jacket with the bad words and it popped. His avatar picture changed when I reloaded the game it was the old one when I saved it. 

Somewhere in there that caused the leotard to spawn in my other save.  Before I could go through the dialog but there was nothing there.  

Its annoying they ported the same glitches from the PC version.  Thankfully someone had already figured these out.

Just so you do not have to click the link its:

(1) Reload a previous 4th day save and make Kim wear the Piss****** jacket and save it
(2) Reload a previous hardcore save and watch the ending again
(3) Start a new hardcore game and check that Kim is wearing a new black jacket talk to him and get him in your party.
(4) Save it and exit to the main menu and quit the game
(5) run the game again and reload the Piss****** jacket save.

Thank you, this is the right steps to get the trophy. 

Nothing worked until I closed the game completely and loaded it back again.