Cannot finish the game cause of a massive glitch

Hello everybody

I recently bought the game and I liked a lot its gameplay mechanisms.

Unfortunately, I had a bug in the game during the last battle. I can only do one attack with the character, then it freeze, no more movement possible. The music continues on and the other character that I am not controlling (Emily) still run from side to side of the screen, but J.J. is frozen. And that happen whatever attack I use. I can open the phone menue and reset the game, but the same issue happens again every time.

First I thought that my save file is corrupted, so I downloaded a previous version from the cloud but it didn't work. I tried my save on anover ps4 and ps5 but the same bug happens. Finally I started again a new play through after deleting the game and the saves and downloading it again, and guess what, the bug happened again..

I am really furious because I cannot complete the game I liked a lot, and because I cannot have the remaining trophies.

What shall I do now? Does someone know this glitch and how to deal with?

Thanks in advance!

• 8 months later...

Hello Asheheart and thank you a lot for your message on the PS5.

Finally I managed to finish the game thanks to your advice! It was a miracle seeing the character still be able to move after the first hit which used to freeze it.

For the other readers who may encounter the same glitch, Asheheart advised me to change the language of the system on my PS5 to English while I had always French in the setting. Just changing the language resolved the glitch. So other players on French or maybe other languages than English could finally complete the game !

Thank you again Asheheart!! 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 8:43 PM, instastoump said:

Redownloaded the game to try everything you said. Nothing changed. When I turn the PS5 language in French, I can't attack any more after I attack for the first time 1f602.png at least I didn't buy it

In fact, you need to turn the system language into English to be able to finish the game. I had the glitch with the French language too.

• 2 weeks later...