Not the best LEGO game?

IMO this isn't as good as I expected. The other games are really fun but this seems to lack the badazzle of the others.

EDIT* Since i started really playing this game again, I have realised this isn't as bad as I thought although when they bring Phase 2 of the Marvel movies, they up there game for the Phase 2 version of this by going back to the original LEGO style.

Edited by zJoee_x
  • Like 1

i agree. i platinumed lego marvel and after that i played and platinumed lego batman 2. Lego batman 2 was much more fun from lego marvel. also i found a lot of glitches in lego marvel something that lego batman didnt have.

I havent had any glitches as of yet but the game isn't as fun, the gold brick challenges are a bore, you can't really have two characters on at once as a partner like in lego batman.

• Like 1

u will find some glitches when you will start collecting the minikits at free play. at the end of the game i had 249 bricks although i had collect all minikits and the map was empty. also the controls for the flying races really suck. 

Edited by spyrosmicha

although im playin the watered down version of it for the psvita i thought as soon as i started playin- this isnt the usual fun from a lego game... the handheld version is i imagine completely different from the system version but its still a lego game yet its not enjoyable for me, in this your up against a timer for every level and need to do some objectives before the 100 seconds count down... even though im sure its like that to add some difficulty it feels like im bein rushed to finish it... i only started it a few hours ago but have fully finished about 6 chapters (each chapter consists of 3 levels) and have unlocked most of the special power up moves

after playin through it i've changed my opinion slightly... it is enjoyable, i liked all the chapters/levels and nearly all the big name marvel superheroes are crammed in too so that was cool but its gotta be the shortest least lego'esque game in the franchise so far... you dont have to build stuff, the levels are really tiny and you dont get to take a team of 6+ characters into a level so you're forced to keep replayin every level over and over makin it very tedious... i guess if you was able to take in a team of 6+ characters like every other lego game then this would be an even shorter game...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR
  • Like 2

I've only played LEGO LoTR on PS3 and PS Vita, and LEGO Legends of Chima on PS Vita, and LEGO Marvel Superheroes on PS4   <---- All of them Platinumed and fun, though the PS Vita versions were "lite."

I finally picked this game up at BB yesterday, put it in my PS Vita and about threw it out in the first 5 minutes. I was so disappointed. At any rate I played enough to get 3 trophies and will play through it, it's not super bad, just not anything like other games from LEGO have been. Not at all. Universe in Peril is not a good formula, and I fear for The Hobbit later on.

At any rate I can Remote Play PS4's LEGO Marvel game on my PS Vita. I LOVE that one to pieces!

• 1 month later...

I've picked this game up a  some since I wrote on January 13th. I freaking HATE this game. It's so unlike other games in LEGO series, and it's irksome, kudos to who ever has Platinumed it. People say LEGO games are easy to Platinum.

Thanks TT Games for making this like some other branded console game that is only for .... yes, sarcasm. I mean, this is the most un-enjoyable game I have ever played. I thought I hated Dust on PS3. Ha ha ha! 

LEGO LoTR on console was long and somewhat tedious, I really liked it though.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes Universe In Peril ... I say, let the universe die then. It's not worth saving!

God this totally sticks me. It's like Epic Fail levels on LBP. Except for I like those levels in LBP. Hmph.

• Like 1

i really enjoyed Lego Marvel, even though i personally like DC universe more. My main problem with Lego Marvel (at even Lego Batman 2) is that the vehicle and flight controls are atrocious! I literally couldn't platinum this game because of how awful the controls were doing the flight minigames. :(

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

On PlayStation consoles? Yeah, probably... at least out of the ones I've played. Don't have plans to play Chima or Ninjago since those IPs are lame. To be fair, I'd say it's probably a toss-up between either this or Batman 2 for the Vita. I'd probably argue in favour of the latter since I hardly remember anything from it, but the same may well happen with this one as time goes by, so... toss-up.

But then... I am a man with a copious amount of perspective on this matter. I've had to help my nephew play some of the DS ones, and those make even something like this seem like a minor masterpiece by virtue of comparison.