Quick Question From The Guide Writers

Wuthg21

So since i wrote this guide some time ago, and didn't touch it anymore after i got 100%, i must ask, what new things are there in the game now?

The last time i played was in the beginning of 2019, did they add the crimewave spree, and how does it work? i know it is much easier to gain ranks that way.

And there are probably either outdated items, or other stuff that may have to be changed in the guide, can someone take a quick glance, and let me know down below? 

With kind regards and merry Christmas =) 

• Like 1

tl;dr: Crime Spree, Classic Diamond Heist, Brooklyn Bank, Continental Coin system, and some new weapons, but no trophies.

We got new content in the form of the Brooklyn Bank and Classic Diamond Heist.... heists. Additionally we got the Microgun and secondary MA-17 Flamethrower, as well as a new melee but who cares. Also Continental Coins which let us purchase every mask and weapon mod (except Boosts) in the game, which is a nice break from the RNG annoyances.

Yes, Crime Spree (as well as Continental Coins) have been added, basically it's a speedrun mode for a selection of Heists (individual days, to be specific) and before each one you're given three to chose from. Each Heist completion rewards you with "ranks" which are determined on the approximate length of the Heist, and the more ranks you have, the more EXP, Cash, Contis and Card Drops you are able to claim at the end of your spree, whether it be by failure or by choice. Moreover, the Heists start in OVK difficulty but as you keep earning ranks, the game makes you choice from 3 modifiers for Stealth and Loud every few specific milestones while every 50 ranks is a forced "buff enemy health and damage" modifier. The modifiers you choose from do eventually run out if you get a high enough score, while the enemy buffs keep stacking. I call it a speedrun mode because bagging extra loot from Heists like Big Bank or The Diamond will not yield a higher reward at the end of the Spree, thus you only need the bare minimum amount of bags and GTFO.

Due to working with the Diesel Engine and porting content from PC to consoles being a nightmarish task, it is confirmed we won't be getting heists while weapons and masks not being completely barred from the equation. However, given how now there's a major chunk of the devs working on PAYDAY 3, as well as another team working on the PC updates, it is improbable these smaller content packs will come any time soon.

Edited by ElHoxtinator