This game could be so good but some design choices demote it to total trash

ChanelOberlin494

Just so badly done, you attack slow as hell, bosses are far too fast. Also healing items may as well not exist. You can’t actually heal during a boss fight as they’re just too consistent with their attacks. Really enjoyed Remnant and wanted to enjoy this but Christ almighty it’s terrible

also; whichever developer had the bright idea to put in that sliding block puzzle at the end. All I can say is I hope they never work in the games industry again. That shot is fucking awful and is going to be a finish blocker for a lot of people

Edited by ChanelOberlin494
I’m fucking pissed
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I feel like most combat that's soulslike is generally felt as more clunky. It's hard to make that fluidity that is achieved in those titles without being dang good at your programming. This title was clunky, but not as stiff as say Lords of the Fallen. Fun title but nothing really to build on here. 

• 9 months later...

I think it's easy to forget that this is a port and was originally a VR game that came out before Remnant. Buy and large Remnant refines a lot of the core ideas of this game. The simplified elements like reduced level and build complexity, as well as combat I suspect largely stem from the fact that it was built with VR in mind.

That being said, as ports go I think they did a decent job though I have some minor gripes. Mainly the camera placement in lock on just feels wrong, and I would like to adjust the brightness. Some areas are a bit too dark.

Ignoring those things I think it's fairly solid.

Edited by grim_fendango