Is this game worth playing?

J_E_B_B

If you enjoy old-fashioned shooters like Painkiller, then it's hard not to recommend this, especially at the ridiculously low sale price (I got it for $2!). Heroic difficulty can be fairly tricky at times, though, and the sheer amount of tanky enemies being thrown at you becomes tedious. With the right upgrades and strategies, it's still quite doable, however.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Currently going through it, and by god this game is a piece of work... if not the clunkiness of the game puts you off, the collectibles will do the job. Could just happen that a collectible gets thrown out of bounds and if you don't realize it and don't have a save before that happened, you have to restart the level. And unlike PC players, you can't open the stats screen while being in a level. Otherwise you could see the percentage of collectibles collected in a level and compare it with a video/text guide.

I don't know what went wrong with this port, but it's annoying as hell. No deadzone settings for L3, your character walks on its own if you have the slightest drift, the weapon wheel is the clunkiest shit and completely kills your game flow when you want an RPG in your hands and suddenly shoot shotgun pellets. And the enemies.. there's barely any feedback from them, it feels like shooting walls. Doesn't help that on higher difficulties they are big bullet sponges; if it wasn't for the smart gun that shows you the HP of enemies I'd sometimes believe my bullets do zero damage. Meanwhile, your character moans everytime he takes 1 HP damage and the screen turns red as if you are about to die.. you can literally stand in your own electric bubbles and it sounds as if you are about to die any second but your health bar doesn't move an inch.

I can't recommend this game, Shadow Warrior, which is from the same devs, is so much better in every facet.

• 5 months later...

I'm currently playing it and while I would generally disagree with you, I would agree with the weapon wheel, in so much as the amount of times I've selected a weapon only for the wheel to decide I'm wrong and select a different weapon  for me, for instance I'm being swarmed by small bots so need the blaster, I select it but the wheel then selects pulse and oh look I'm dead because I'm swarmed and can't switch it again fast enough. That and getting stuck on scenery really boil my piss, but other than that I'm quite enjoying it.

• 1 month later...