Zhongli, Ganyu, And Xiao Returning next update!

DawningWolf55

So I thought this would be an amazing shout out to any newer person who comes across this! Zhongli is a must have unit if you plan on passing Abyss. He will carry you in pretty much every activity and his shields are just the best thing you could ever have in this game!

Ganyu is a great support and can also be high end DPS. Xiao is also a character that can do massive damage! These are all great units, but if you plan to get at least one of the three for Abyss, PLEASE get Zhongli!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DPsx7 said:

Lemme guess, you gotta be rank 20, maybe 50 before any of this appears?

No, it's the character lottery system, they want everyone to participate since it's how they get their money.

I missed Zhongli the first time, so I guess I'll try since I've been saving up for a while.

• Like 1

Xiao rerun will hit on the day of the 2.4 update while Zhongli and Ganyu reruns will drop on around about 25th January, also at somepoint during january not sure when though there will be a chance to get 1x 4* character whose origin is Liyue by taking part in a event those 4* characters are as follows:

Xinqiu (Hydro)

Beidou (Electro)

Xiangling (Pyro)

Ningguang (Geo)

Xinyan (Pyro)

Yanfei (Pyro)

Chongyun (Cryo)

Yun Jin (Geo) new Character also part of the Event Wish's - The Transcendent One Returns & Invitation to Mundane Life

I personally with the exception of the Yun Jin have all the others named and i some cases i have quite few of there COnstellations unlocked to.

Not sure if i'll try for Xiao or new 5* character though even though i would like to have them at some point, i'm gonna save up for Ganyu and maybe if i get lucky Zhongli.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DPsx7 said:

A paywall then? Ugh. I'll admit I kinda stopped trying since it was frustrating to keep hearing the content was always several ranks away. I see updates sometimes when I log into the PS5 but you think I could find any of it...

I mean, just follow a youtube beginner guide on how to speed run the adventure ranks. It's very easy. Activate teleport points, open chests, and do any possible side quests. It can be done really fast.

On 12/28/2021 at 1:04 AM, DPsx7 said:

A paywall then? Ugh. I'll admit I kinda stopped trying since it was frustrating to keep hearing the content was always several ranks away. I see updates sometimes when I log into the PS5 but you think I could find any of it...

I started playing Genshin Impact in October '21 after they added Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn to game as a cross-promotion. I've never felt there is any paywall in the game through 100's of hours of content by now. There is so much choose your own adventure with ability to explore (find chests, solve puzzles, complete challenges, etc) mixed variety of side quests, character story quests and main quests (called Archon Quests) in a really huge game world that seems to keep getting bigger sometimes feeling faster than I can catch up with the amount of play time I give it.

In my experience, there is a participation barrier for many of the limited time events (where some include story and unique gameplay scenarios) that tend to expect you have already progressed far enough in some base game content or other, but there is no way to pay past prerequisite story content. So if you don't want to miss out on those, you have to login routinely and you also have to try and advance on the prerequisite main / character quests so you can participate in the limited time content. The challenge is that there is so much base content and especially if like me, you enjoy the explore / discover most and participate in the repetitive daily commissions or resource farming (bosses, domains) there isn't as much time to advance the Archon / character story quests.

But I choose to savor and enjoy what I am playing at my pace. Once I got to Inazuma I have been able to participate in most limited time events and I choose to spend my time on that over advancing the Archon / character or even side quests because I can get to those later and would rather enjoy the limited time content while it is available.

All of this continually gives you Primogems which gives you Wishes which gives you new characters and weapons and that keeps you engaged with the progression system and game content. This is a game you can spend a lot of time in progressing steadily towards being able to complete all game content and never having to spend.

Of course in my case, I play 1-2 hour play sessions. Maybe longer on weekends. I am not in a rush. I can see if someone is in a rush, there are spending options to help them get upgrade materials or more / upgraded characters faster, but it is really not necessary or even beneficial. I think learning the complexity of the games combat system will take time so I don't think you can pay to win here even if you can pay to upgrade faster.

Edited by cusman
  • Like 1

Forget when I got it, not too long ago since it was a freebie. Then sat on it for a few while I grind through my neverending backlog. I saw Aloy and thought it was a neat addition until I found out that she won't appear until some high rank. Lots of games do that, you can either pay or grind dozens of hours. I goofed around with this for a couple hours to see how it was and yeah never really came across whatever everyone else is talking about. The mission that sends you to some spire, the thing had a shield on it so I couldn't do much there. Found a different one. Opened chests, found a town, got my only character to level 20 (that didn't take too long). No idea where to unlock the extra content, although I think there may be another small town past a big red border on my map. I even asked about joining a group to see those dungeons that are locked, was told multiplayer also needs a high rank. Whatever.

I had just come off of RDR2 (yup, THAT backlogged), maybe I was a tad burned out on wandering in circles. Played through 12-15 other games in the last month or two. I check here occasionally if I get a note about it. Other than that, I dunno.

On 26/12/2021 at 2:13 PM, DawningWolf55 said:

So I thought this would be an amazing shout out to any newer person who comes across this! Zhongli is a must have unit if you plan on passing Abyss. He will carry you in pretty much every activity and his shields are just the best thing you could ever have in this game!

Ganyu is a great support and can also be high end DPS. Xiao is also a character that can do massive damage! These are all great units, but if you plan to get at least one of the three for Abyss, PLEASE get Zhongli!

Zhongli may not be the must here If you wanna 36* the abyss. His supports with low sub dps compared to Xingqiu or Albedo. Between Xiao or Ganyu is really hard to decide. They are top dps units but since Xiao comming first I wouls suggest newcomers to try getting him and Ganyu next. Zhongli just If u already got those 2 and have decent weapons for both. But that just my opnion as someone that 100% abyss status without Zhongli.

20 hours ago, GardenOfSouls said:

Zhongli may not be the must here If you wanna 36* the abyss. His supports with low sub dps compared to Xingqiu or Albedo. Between Xiao or Ganyu is really hard to decide. They are top dps units but since Xiao comming first I wouls suggest newcomers to try getting him and Ganyu next. Zhongli just If u already got those 2 and have decent weapons for both. But that just my opnion as someone that 100% abyss status without Zhongli.

The trophy is for clearing the abyss with any number of stars, not 36. Although he won't necessarily help you 3 star the later floors, he's arguably the better character if you only want to get all the trophies. He's extremely cheap to build, easy to play and easy to fit in any team. 

Xiao needs very high investment to do well and even then he's not as good as an invested ganyu. Moreover, ganyu/Zhongli banners have 2 of the best 4-star characters in the game (Xingqiu and Beidou), while Xiao's banner is meh. 

13 hours ago, MojoNJojo said:

The trophy is for clearing the abyss with any number of stars, not 36. Although he won't necessarily help you 3 star the later floors, he's arguably the better character if you only want to get all the trophies. He's extremely cheap to build, easy to play and easy to fit in any team. 

Xiao needs very high investment to do well and even then he's not as good as an invested ganyu. Moreover, ganyu/Zhongli banners have 2 of the best 4-star characters in the game (Xingqiu and Beidou), while Xiao's banner is meh. 

You are right there, but I was thinking in the way of enjoyong the game and looking for a nice build, not just doing trophies. Ganyu may be harder to build then Xiao cuz her best set, wanderer's troupe, cant be farmed in domains, just drop from Bosses, so it may be annoying to get a good set.

Edited by GardenOfSouls
Misspelling

1 hour ago, GardenOfSouls said:

You are right there, but I was thinking in the way of enjoyong the game and looking for a nice build, not just doing trophies. Ganyu may be harder to build then Xiao cuz her best set, wanderer's troupe, cant be farmed in domains, just drop from Bosses, so it may be annoying to get a good set.

Well, not really anymore since you can pump your trash artifacts into the strongbox to get Wanderer's Set :P

Also at first I wanted to pull for both Ganyu and Zhongli cause I thought I would need them for Spiral Abyss but turned out I didn't, so I am saving up for a character I want.

I managed to clear Abyss with a somewhat weak team, mostly unbuit: Hu Tao, Bennett, Xingqiu, Jean ---- Eula, Albedo, Xiangling, Diona. I wanted C1 and got Eula and Albedo in the process although I didn't really want them in the first place. Turned out they are a good combo. Obviously I didn't get 36 Stars with an unbiult weird team like that, but it was still enough to clear it.

Edited by SnowNinjaRaccoon
  • Like 1