Kenway's fleet not working on PS3

Wip3r_U

Hi guys,

I've been playing recently AC Black Flag on PS3, to finish it once and for all. I completed all MP related trophies like a year ago or so, and I also got "sharing is caring". I'm done with almost everything except sinking the 4 epic ships (2 left), getting a crew of 500 (around 70 left) and upgrading the jackdaw. To be able to get the epic fire barrell stock, I need the plans that one wins via the Kenway's Fleet minigame, But that minigame requires a connection with ubisoft's "uplay/connect" servers. I can connect for like 5 seconds and then it's gone.

I tried connecting to the MP portion of the game, and I can stay connected without issue. I tried several things, for example:
- Reducing your freinds list to 49

- Unlinkng and relinking the ubisoft connect account with PSN

- Rebooting my router

And nothing works. I see that some people have earned the "destroyer" trophy recently, but that could mean either they got he plans from kenway's fleet time ago, or their connection works. I don't know if anyone here is having the same issue as me. Without those plans, the jackdaw can't be fully upgraded, and the platinum is unobtainable.

Greetings.

Hello there, in fact I was one of those people who earned the Destroyer trophy in this very month. This is what I wrote directly to Ubisoft:

Hello, I am experiencing something odd with Assassin's Creed single player connectivity feature.

The "wi-fi" logo below the minimap shows offline mode. Then it connects to the server but the connection only lasts about 30 seconds, returning to offline mode. After a minute or so, this behavior repeats again.

This is very strange because I can connect to the multiplayer portion of the game with no issues. And also is very strange because I played the whole game last week with no problems with the single player online connection. Is it something with my connection? Is ubisoft doing some maintenance for the server? What can I do?

I am located in South America and playing using the Region 1 disc (BLUS 31193), (even though my PSN account is set in Spain) Thank you, have a nice day

You can see the whole thread here and the non-sensical answer I have received so far: 
https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/cases/15822570

In short, the game was running normal for me before dec-23rd 2021. After that point, I can barely connect to Kenway's Fleet for only 30 seconds.

It seems you are not alone. (I have relinked my Uplay account, reset the router and even touched some DNS settings in the PS3... no luck so far)

Yeah. Its has started around December 22th in the middle of my playthough with a general Ubi server failure. Server degradation declared as Fixed, but is still broken. I have read somewhere that Ubi changed something server side with login security and authentication. Never been able to use Kenways fleet after that for more than 7-8 seconds. Ubi live support only suggested to renew my licenses, a function I was never able to find on PS3. The menus they pointed me to were from PS4, so its a copy paste answer from their FAQ :(

• Like 1

Hi again,

Thanks for all the comments so far. I bought the time saver technology pack as tenike1 said, so the jackdaw can be fully upgraded now. I have to farm 1700 units of iron, plundering hunters with a wanted level at max.

It seems to be a recurrent issue. Every time Ubisoft makes some changes in their uplay/connect service infrastructure, the connectivity gets broken... I also found some answers, but these apply only on either PS4 or PC versions of the game... sigh, we have to accept that the online/MP modes of many PS3 games are running on fumes now

• Like 1

On 27/12/2021 at 5:21 PM, Don_Caraota said:

You can see the whole thread here and the non-sensical answer I have received so far: 

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/cases/15822570

It looks like the page for this case no longer exists?

I'm also getting this issue, which is super frustrating because I put the game down earlier in the year to take a break from AC. I can pick up the time saver pack if needed, but I still need the Sharing Is Caring trophy which unfortunately doesn't have a similar workaround :(

Really hoping it gets fixed soon...

On 9.01.2022 at 3:32 AM, BobSpeed1 said:

Is the Sharing is caring trophy still possible at the moment or do the servers need to come back up?

I dont think so. When i played it always saids that it couldnt connect to server to share location when i found whale in game but i got that trophy when servers were alive...

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. Allow me to hijack this topic.

I also completed the base game and MP trophies (years ago) and wanted to 100% the whole thing, i.e., complete (not standalone version of) Freedom Cry and Blackbeard's wrath. 

So before buying the DLC I popped the disk into the PS3 only to realize I am unable to connect to the Ubisoft servers. Tried a different set of approaches but nothing worked so I contacted Ubisoft support. 

After a couple of messages I finally got this one:

"Unfortunately the multiplayer features for Assassin's Creed Black Flag on PS3 are no longer available.

You can check our multiplayer availability on the page here: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/connectivity-and-performance/article/multiplayer-and-online-services-availability-in-ubisoft-games/000064576

Unfortunately we are unable to enable the online features on PS3. "

The provided link does not include Black Flag and I see people still getting the trophies related to Blackbeard's wrath (which does require online features, right?), so I am a bit confused...

Edited by Cris_T42
Clarifying that I completed the base game and MP years ago.

3 minutes ago, Cris_T42 said:

Hey guys. Allow me to highjack this topic.

I also completed the base game and MP trophies and wanted to 100% the whole thing, i.e., complete (not standalone version of) Freedom Cry and Blackbeard's wrath. 

So before buying the DLC I popped the disk into the PS3 only to realize I am unable to connect to the Ubisoft servers. Tried a different set of approaches but nothing worked so I contacted Ubisoft support. 

After a couple of messages I finally got this one:

"Unfortunately the multiplayer features for Assassin's Creed Black Flag on PS3 are no longer available.

You can check our multiplayer availability on the page here: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/connectivity-and-performance/article/multiplayer-and-online-services-availability-in-ubisoft-games/000064576

Unfortunately we are unable to enable the online features on PS3. "

The provided link does not include Black Flag and I see people still getting the trophies related to Blackbeard's wrath (which does require online features, right?), so I am a bit confused...

They're still up on PS3 for Black Flag. They just happen to have some intermittent outages over the last couple days.

Chalk one up for another incompetent response from a Ubisoft level 1 service rep. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Kenway's Fleet is completely broken on PS3, don't know about PS4. I think it has to do with the changes they made to Uplay. As part of a story mission I had to interact with the map on the ship, after a couple of seconds I got kicked out. Imagine you had to start/finish a mission as part of the story, and can't bcs they broke the online crap, would mean you had a nice silver frisbee ?. Anyways, I think those frogs from Montreal are happy to make another 2€/$ with this game.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Im having the same issue, without knowing about this i grinded the online trophies :(, now I wasnt able to find any social events and kenway fleet is inaccessible, anyone with same issue how did you manage to get Sharing is caring trophy?, with the wifi logo going on and off I couldnt find any Social events on the locations :(, I contacted ubi support but they are asking me to contact playstation support for the trophy, ubi support seems to have no clue at all or they are not interested anymore

3 minutes ago, Der_Schwabbler said:

I managed to get Sharing is Caring on PS3 even with the wifi logo being off. You should be able to find all three types of events even when the game thinks its offline. I'm guessing that the events are synced with the servers when you startup the game. Keep searching and you will find them :)

Yes this. The Wi-Fi symbol connect every 30 seconds or so, but I think this is technical wizardry to trick the game into unlocking Sharing is caring. 

I managed to find all three very quickly, much faster than I did on PS4 when the game was new. I think Ubisoft have done something for this, but the knock-on effect is they've taken down Kenway's fleet.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Der_Schwabbler said:

I managed to get Sharing is Caring on PS3 even with the wifi logo being off. You should be able to find all three types of events even when the game thinks its offline. I'm guessing that the events are synced with the servers when you startup the game. Keep searching and you will find them :)

Yes I got it, I tried reaching the spots exactly when the Wi-Fi symbol shows as connected and the social events triggered, but it was saying "unable to share with friends...server issue" something, when i found the Social chest the trophy popped :), guess I can finally platinum it. Thanks 

On 27.07.2022 at 10:53 AM, Der_Schwabbler said:

Online is only needed to let others player from your friend list to know where to find those events on they world map if i remember it correctly

• 1 month later...

Problem is still going on till today. 6th September some Ubisoft support staff said this: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/100828/ac4-black-flag-the-ubisoft-server-is-not-available-at-this-time-kenways-fleet-and-multiplayer-post-here/423?page=22&lang=en-US

On 2 other platforms it can just be fixed by decreasing your friends from your friend list but PS3 seems to be a dead end.

I've been trying to clean up AC BF PS3 & AC unity PS4 but both games, different platform can't connect to Ubisoft.

Still need sharing is caring and destroyer progress for AC BF PS3 and pretty much all co op stuff from Unity. Hope they get it fixed soon as they say.

1 hour ago, ZKVJK said:

Problem is still going on till today. 6th September some Ubisoft support staff said this: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/100828/ac4-black-flag-the-ubisoft-server-is-not-available-at-this-time-kenways-fleet-and-multiplayer-post-here/423?page=22&lang=en-US

On 2 other platforms it can just be fixed by decreasing your friends from your friend list but PS3 seems to be a dead end.

I've been trying to clean up AC BF PS3 & AC unity PS4 but both games, different platform can't connect to Ubisoft.

Still need sharing is caring and destroyer progress for AC BF PS3 and pretty much all co op stuff from Unity. Hope they get it fixed soon as they say.

Delete ALL your friends on ps3, now I always can connect to Kenway's Fleet without disconnecting. Sharing is Caring pops for me even with having no friends during the search for white whale and social chest

Edited by joremzi
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, joremzi said:

Delete ALL your friends on ps3, now I always can connect to Kenway's Fleet without disconnecting. Sharing is Caring works even if you have no friends

Hi Joremzi, yea I just added you on PS3 asking how you completed Sharing is Caring because I saw you recently earned it. I will try this and let you know if it worked for me. Does Sharing is Caring even work when your Wifi icon goes gray and white several times? Haven't had this issue on PS4.

Just now, ZKVJK said:

Hi Joremzi, yea I just added you on PS3 asking how you completed Sharing is Caring because I saw you recently earned it. I will try this and let you know if it worked for me. Does Sharing is Caring even work when your Wifi icon goes gray and white several times? Haven't had this issue on PS4.

I think sharing is caring works if your wifi still go white and gray as long you got the notification you shared it with your friends (even if you have no friends on the friend list lol)

Just now, joremzi said:

I think sharing is caring works if your wifi still go white and gray as long you got the notification you shared it with your friends (even if you have no friends on the friend list lol)

Ok thanks will try this tonight. I will let you know how it went on this thread.