StewartBros

TSW 2020 Collectors Edition

6 posts in this topic

I'm giving some thought to buying Train Sim World and playing it purely as a long-term relaxation game, without worrying too much about earning all the trophies.  The Collectors Edition includes the Peninsula Corridor, Main-Spessart Bahn, Northern Trans-Pennine, Long Island Railroad, and Ruhr-Sieg Nord maps - does anyone know if it also includes the trains that are exclusive to these maps?

 

For example, the DB BR 155 vehicle can only be used on the Ruhr-Sieg Nord map.  Is this train included as part of the bundle, or would I need to buy it separately?

 

Just wondering as I've seen a few copies of the game recently that are quite cheap, and most of the DLC is currently on sale, so it might be a good time to pick it up.

 

Thanks.

Edited by StewartBros
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StewartBros said:

I'm giving some thought to buying Train Sim World and playing it purely as a long-term relaxation game, without worrying too much about earning all the trophies.  The Collectors Edition includes the Peninsula Corridor, Main-Spessart Bahn, Northern Trans-Pennine, Long Island Railroad, and Ruhr-Sieg Nord maps - does anyone know if it also includes the trains that are exclusive to these maps?

 

For example, the DB BR 155 vehicle can only be used on the Ruhr-Sieg Nord map.  Is this train included as part of the bundle, or would I need to buy it separately?

 

Just wondering as I've seen a few copies of the game recently that are quite cheap, and most of the DLC is currently on sale, so it might be a good time to pick it up.

 

Thanks.

Hello. I own this version of the game and can confirm only those 5 maps, along with the 3 base game ones, are included in this version of the game, so you won’t get other dlc like DB BR 155. All other route and loco DLCs have to be bought separately.

 

Also, in terms of buying more dlc, I recommend waiting until they are on sale before you buy (a lot are on sale now like you said) because there are a lot of dlc for this game and you can save hundreds if you wait until they are on sale like I have.

 

Hope this helps 🙂

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, deaf_swap004 said:

Hello. I own this version of the game and can confirm only those 5 maps, along with the 3 base game ones, are included in this version of the game, so you won’t get other dlc like DB BR 155. All other route and loco DLCs have to be bought separately.

 

Also, in terms of buying more dlc, I recommend waiting until they are on sale before you buy (a lot are on sale now like you said) because there are a lot of dlc for this game and you can save hundreds if you wait until they are on sale like I have.

 

Hope this helps 1f642.png

 

Thanks.  I'm not planning to buy all of the DLC, as I definitely will not be going for 100% on this game, so no need to worry there. :)

 

Just wanted to clarify whether certain trains were included with the Collectors Edition before I bought them separately.  I didn't think they would be, but it never hurts to check.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I wanted to inquire about something for the Collector’s Edition:

 

So I have the TSW 2020 Collector’s Edition disc with the extra DLC packs, and one of those packs is the Main-Spessart Bahn add-on (which is required to purchase the DB BR 204 locomotive pack), but the in-game store isn’t allowing me to purchase the locomotive in question (says I need the Main-Spessart add-on).
 

The Main-Spessart add-on has a green check mark on it in my store, so I’m curious as to why the game wouldn’t allow me to purchase/download the DB BR 204 add-on. I really don’t want to have to buy the route add-on for $29.99—when I technically already own it—just to get the locomotive add-on. Is there a workaround for this or perhaps something I’m missing? I’m having no issues finding/downloading anything else.

 

Edit: For whatever reason, it seems after making a few purchases I was finally able to buy the DB BR 204 locomotive. The game originally wasn’t recognizing my Main-Spessart add-on I guess. 

Edited by HoorayForTyler
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,
I have another question, is DLC content stored on the disc in the Collector's Edition, or there is a digital code? It's quite hard to find a new disc of collector's edition and I am quite afraid about buying a used copy with an inactive PSN code.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, biokam said:

Hello,
I have another question, is DLC content stored on the disc in the Collector's Edition, or there is a digital code? It's quite hard to find a new disc of collector's edition and I am quite afraid about buying a used copy with an inactive PSN code.

 

The disc version of the collectors edition does not come with codes, it's all on the disc.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.