StewartBros

TSW 2020 Collectors Edition

3 posts in this topic

I'm giving some thought to buying Train Sim World and playing it purely as a long-term relaxation game, without worrying too much about earning all the trophies.  The Collectors Edition includes the Peninsula Corridor, Main-Spessart Bahn, Northern Trans-Pennine, Long Island Railroad, and Ruhr-Sieg Nord maps - does anyone know if it also includes the trains that are exclusive to these maps?

For example, the DB BR 155 vehicle can only be used on the Ruhr-Sieg Nord map.  Is this train included as part of the bundle, or would I need to buy it separately?

Just wondering as I've seen a few copies of the game recently that are quite cheap, and most of the DLC is currently on sale, so it might be a good time to pick it up.

Thanks.

Edited by StewartBros

1 hour ago, StewartBros said:

I'm giving some thought to buying Train Sim World and playing it purely as a long-term relaxation game, without worrying too much about earning all the trophies.  The Collectors Edition includes the Peninsula Corridor, Main-Spessart Bahn, Northern Trans-Pennine, Long Island Railroad, and Ruhr-Sieg Nord maps - does anyone know if it also includes the trains that are exclusive to these maps?

For example, the DB BR 155 vehicle can only be used on the Ruhr-Sieg Nord map.  Is this train included as part of the bundle, or would I need to buy it separately?

Just wondering as I've seen a few copies of the game recently that are quite cheap, and most of the DLC is currently on sale, so it might be a good time to pick it up.

Thanks.

Hello. I own this version of the game and can confirm only those 5 maps, along with the 3 base game ones, are included in this version of the game, so you won’t get other dlc like DB BR 155. All other route and loco DLCs have to be bought separately.

Also, in terms of buying more dlc, I recommend waiting until they are on sale before you buy (a lot are on sale now like you said) because there are a lot of dlc for this game and you can save hundreds if you wait until they are on sale like I have.

Hope this helps 🙂

4 minutes ago, deaf_swap004 said:

Hello. I own this version of the game and can confirm only those 5 maps, along with the 3 base game ones, are included in this version of the game, so you won’t get other dlc like DB BR 155. All other route and loco DLCs have to be bought separately.

Also, in terms of buying more dlc, I recommend waiting until they are on sale before you buy (a lot are on sale now like you said) because there are a lot of dlc for this game and you can save hundreds if you wait until they are on sale like I have.

Hope this helps 1f642.png

Thanks.  I'm not planning to buy all of the DLC, as I definitely will not be going for 100% on this game, so no need to worry there. :)

Just wanted to clarify whether certain trains were included with the Collectors Edition before I bought them separately.  I didn't think they would be, but it never hurts to check.