Rise of The Tomb Raider PS5 - Getting the Plat in 2021

kkulifay

I’m going to strive to get the platinum and 100% trophy completion for this game sometime soon. I hear the Golden Child is difficult on the PS5 because of cards not being available to copy for the Gold Score Challenges. Has anybody attempted this plat on the PS5 recently?

Edited by kkulifay

5 minutes ago, kkulifay said:

I hear the Golden Child is difficult on the PS5 because of cards not being available to copy for the Gold Score Challenges.

I have never heard about this. The game should run in PS4 Pro back compat mode.

If you can't copy the cards on PS5, that would make the challenges total pain in the a**.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HusKy said:

I have never heard about this. The game should run in PS4 Pro back compat mode.

If you can't copy the cards on PS5, that would make the challenges total pain in the a**.

I own a PS5 and a PS3, so I wouldn’t be able to do what you proposed. I wonder if there’s a way to copy the cards some other way 

Did you actually try to copy cards on PS5? Or where did you get that info? Never heard of this either...

It's a PS4 only game and you can run the game on PS5 because PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4 games.

But it should run exactly the same on PS5 in backwards compatibility mode as on PS4, meaning you should be able to copy cards if you have the required coins for it. And by the end of the game you should have a massive amount of coins and they can easily be farmed in score attack in a short level as well.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nikita-alive said:

I’ve completed the game for 100% percent on PS5 (the first one too), the game used the version for PS4 pro, so you can copy card as you wish. Where did you even hear this s**t, I wander.

https://www.backwards-compatible.com/games/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-20-year-celebration/

And congrats on the achievements!

Edited by kkulifay

15 minutes ago, Kolm said:

My guess is that that person just had a general connection problem at the time.

I know sometimes it didn't want to connect to online first try. But 2nd or 3rd time it always connected.

Good to know. Thanks all who have responded.  I’ll keep this up and will respond back when I get to that point for others who decide to track this along. 

• 1 month later...