Rena Armory trophy glitched

Bdemonkid666

With the new update adding a new character to the team and a colosseum to the game, the "Rena Armory" trophy is now glitched.

From what I have been able to discover, the game is meant to unlock the trophy when the last upgrade is bought, but if the colosseum isn't completed before that, the game won't unlock it.

Luckily, I had a save from before I bought two of the upgrades. I beat the colosseum again, bought the upgrades, and the trophy popped.

I haven't seen much information about this seeing as the patch is pretty recent, but I am happy that I was able to scour the internet until I eventually saw someone talking about a workaround.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just as an FYI, I've emailed the devs to see what they have to say about this in addition to some other problems (Rainbow Mess is glitching on some people, Time Empress can use Perfect Cure as many times as she wants again). I updated the trophy guide recently to address some of these issues the new patch caused.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mr_Stkrdknmiblz said:

Would running the game at 1.00 prevent the issue, or would that cause other problems?  I've got the game but yet to play it.

Before the latest patch the additional content did not exist, so the rena armory trophy worked as described in the trophy guide.

but, I remember reading that the game was rather glitchy in the begining. Playing the 1.00 version might not be a good idea.

It would most likely get rid of this very issue, because the coliseum stuff was added via patch. But instead of that it would at least add one similar issue, most likely even more. So my suggestion would be reading and following @eigen-space's guide on it. It easily maneuvers you around this armory issue and some other ones as well. As long as you follow those 5 short steps in her description of this trophy, you'll be fine :P

5 hours ago, Mr_Stkrdknmiblz said:

Would running the game at 1.00 prevent the issue, or would that cause other problems?  I've got the game but yet to play it.

You would have problems with The Best Like No One Ever Was trophy playing on an unpatched version. There were also some game balance issues addressed by patches, so you'd have a harder time unpatched.

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Anecdotal, but I obtained Cris Tales' platty w/ the following outcomes:

> Rena Armory *did not pop* if I completed the gauntlet with every weapon already @ Lv. 5
> Rena Armory *did pop* once I completed the gauntlet with one weapon below Lv. 5, then upgraded that weapon to Lv. 5 /after/ receiving the gauntlet reward - this also awarded the plat, as my final non-platinum trophy to obtain
> I did not need to upgrade the new character's weapon *at all* to pop Rena Armory; that weapon remained @ Lv. 1, yet the Rena Armory trophy *did pop* upon upgrading the weapon of someone else from the base game to Lv. 5
> I already had upgraded Crisbell's weapon to Lv. 5 before attempting the gauntlet; it /could/ be tested if her weapon's required to be @ Lv. 5 before completing the gauntlet, but far be it from me to repeat that endurance test :\

Rainbow Mess popped as usual, 20 of each slime. I kept a tally & it popped upon felling 20 of each. Notable: I completed it *before* attempting the gauntlet. Unsure if slimes within that count toward the 20-per-variant total.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Just in case anyone is still wondering or concerned...

It is not possible to get Rena Armorey on the 1.0 version of the game. 

I screwed up the initial playthrough and missed a level on Willhelm's weapon before going to Crystalis without a prior save. I thought I could power through on the unpatched version and save some time.

Unfortunately, after the events in Crystalis, right before you are able to travel again, the credits will roll. I beat this particular boss several times only to have it repeatedly happen. So now I'm on to playthrough number 3. Thankfully you can speed run most of it in about 5 hours.

All other trophies popped exactly when they were supposed to on the current patch. Didnt run into any glitches or crashes. Actually a pretty nice game. Just make sure you have a back up save in Cinder.

• 5 months later...
On 2022-03-20 at 9:49 PM, Zassy said:

> Rena Armory *did pop* once I completed the gauntlet with one weapon below Lv. 5, then upgraded that weapon to Lv. 5 /after/ receiving the gauntlet reward - this also awarded the plat, as my final non-platinum trophy to obtain
> I did not need to upgrade the new character's weapon *at all* to pop Rena Armory; that weapon remained @ Lv. 1, yet the Rena Armory trophy *did pop* upon upgrading the weapon of someone else from the base game to Lv. 5
> I already had upgraded Crisbell's weapon to Lv. 5 before attempting the gauntlet; it /could/ be tested if her weapon's required to be @ Lv. 5 before completing the gauntlet, but far be it from me to repeat that endurance test :\

I did this as well, and can confirm it works! Thanks!

It seems like this game always has a bugged trophy. When I played the armory trophy was fine, but it was impossible to get the good ending and capture all the creatures for the final party member as doing one of the mandatory sidequests for the good ending stopped enemies spawning in the salt mines. I had to do a second playthrough just for that trophy