PlayStation app shows true trophy rarity percentage

wyansas

Hey all.

Don't know if this has been posted before.  I assume the trophy rarity percentages on this site are calculated as a percentage of the total number of profiles updated on this site.  But if you download the official PlayStation app onto your smartphone, it shows you the true rarity percentage of a trophy against the entire PSN.

So, for example, my rarest trophy, the Ninja Gaiden Sigma + platinum, has been obtained by 0.2% of people who have played that game and synched their Vitas to the PSN.  The rarity percentage of that trophy on this site is 1.21%

ya this site can only track those who are registered to this site whereas playstation app tracks everyone with an internet connection on psn but you would also have to take in consideration that there are people that dont have internet to sync throphies as well

ya this site can only track those who are registered to this site whereas playstation app tracks everyone with an internet connection on psn but you would also have to take in consideration that there are people that dont have internet to sync throphies as well

i think this is as close as its going to get when it comes to rarity percenatge overall. which is AWESOME!!

so what? this site has more hardcore gamers and you can see the true rarity of a trophy. and whats your point? to stop using this site? 

no, I'm just saying that it's interesting.  if you want to see how many people actually got a trophy, you can see it.  if you want to see how many people actually beat Mega Man 10 without getting damaged (.4% or about 1 in 250 players), you can see it.

Edited by wyansas

Yeah, I posted a thread about this the day the app released asking the same question, Sly said that he was still gonna continue using the PSN Profiles rarity because it seemed like all of the official PSN rarities were all simply ultra rare and people could more simply grasp and measure rarities at a better scale more easily with the PSN Profiles rarity numbers or something along those lines ;) Makes sense

Edited by BlindMango

everybody who has a playstation know this. no need to inform

.......... You possibly can't be serious? A lot of people who probably didn't play their PS3 for a long time would just be hearing about this app now. Also what about new comers who want they daily fix, huh? Being quick tempered, kinda brass and hasty at people will make others weary about joining this site. That is probably one of the reason why we have some many guests than members. I'm not against you just guiding you. 

Edited by rhyperiorx
  • Like 3

This is your one warning, stop being a dick to other members. Just because you've known about something for a bit doesn't mean everyone else does and the OP is more than welcome to inform others who haven't heard about this. 

Parker

• Like 4

Hey all.

Don't know if this has been posted before.  I assume the trophy rarity percentages on this site are calculated as a percentage of the total number of profiles updated on this site.  But if you download the official PlayStation app onto your smartphone, it shows you the true rarity percentage of a trophy against the entire PSN.

So, for example, my rarest trophy, the Ninja Gaiden Sigma + platinum, has been obtained by 0.2% of people who have played that game and synched their Vitas to the PSN.  The rarity percentage of that trophy on this site is 1.21%

You mean the rarity percentage which also includes some leftover hackers that are yet to be discovered?

I didn't :ninja: