The Platinum Games (Ongoing) (SIGN-UPS Closed)

2 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

I feel like signing up for this, but the form is kind of putting me off. Are you supposed to put your actual name? Seems kind of personal, doesn't it?

Bro the name is kind of necessary for people who want to share the video of their progress, however if you don't want to put your real name in the form, you might as well just put your in game name or PSNID and not the real thing it's not necessary tho. I'll just change the form settings.

14 hours ago, MAUSZX said:

I have shared this event on discord, some people have said that they are turned off because of the video requirement.

9 hours ago, MattbluePT said:

I would feel the same, but the video is not a requirement for what I have understood. That's why I'm participating

Exactly. I have requested people to do so in the form, they can opt yes or no. I have also mentioned this in the post itself.

• Like 1

This seems like fun!  I’m going to enter if that is still possible? Going to be hard to finish everything to 100% but I’m up for a challenge! 

I have already popped a platinum this month, but I don’t know if that counts?

//edit: Filled the form, am I to understand that a game like A short Hike does not count for a platinum but would count for 100 theories obtained?

Edited by VoltrefferNL

19 hours ago, Fysh_Taco said:

How does the trophy tracking work? Do you do it yourself or have you set up a bot?

I am doing it myself for now. Did try setting up importxml but it didn't pan out.

19 hours ago, VoltrefferNL said:

This seems like fun!  I’m going to enter if that is still possible? Going to be hard to finish everything to 100% but I’m up for a challenge! 

I have already popped a platinum this month, but I don’t know if that counts?

//edit: Filled the form, am I to understand that a game like A short Hike does not count for a platinum but would count for 100 theories obtained?

Thank you for joining bro. Let me check your profile and I'll update whether you're done for January or not. You'll find out in the google sheets in like 15 minutes.

I would like to bring attention to the games whose trophies are UNELIGIBLE according to the rules of The Platinum Games. These are the games that some of you have achieved trophies for, which will not count towards your progression in this event:-

• A Way Out
  • Among Us
  • The Little Acre
  • THE WALKING DEAD: MICHONNE

Also, I am trying my best to track trophies for everyone. It is recommended to not hide any trophies so I can properly track your stats for The Platinum Games. If you find any errors in the spreadsheet, then please let me know.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, steveblazinggrin said:

I know this is a bit early, but i wanted to get it out of the way before i forgot.

For September im going to start and platinum Devil May Cry 2 (ps4) and Erica (NA)

Bro you don't need to tell the games right now, I will upload a google forms link for everyone where they can let me know their games then only.

4 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I'm a bit private and as such will excuse myself from making videos, however otherwise I would love to join the event. I believe I have two games (Guardians of the Galaxy and Terminator: Resistance Enhanced) which qualify for the January challenge.

No worries bro. Just use the form in the original post to sign up and you do not need to declare games unless required. I will let everyone know the updates. 

• Like 1

I am a little confused as to why Assassins's Creed 2 is uneligible. 

I popped the plat for the PS4 version of the game and it seems to align with the rules of eligibility. The average completion percentage is below 75% (65%), the game has 50 trophies excluding the platinum and has no dlc trophies, and the 50th fastest achiever in the 100% club is over 6 hours (1 day 9 hours). I am using the ps4 version of the game for these statistics. Please feel free to correct me if i am misunderstanding the rules.

• Like 2

I know the event has already started but just sent a sign up request, I know I can get a platinum before the end of this month. Also, I have two questions

First- do you track are progress for our game stats for the challenge or do we let you know on here or via email ?

Second- the requirements for videos for you YouTube, I know it’s not recommended but I clicked “No” cause im confused about the whole request. Do you want video of random 15-30 seconds clips of the game or just 15-30 seconds of the some trophies & platinums??

Thank you

Edited by Toxicmatic-

@rahulrx0

I also am totally lost at why Kakarot is not eligible. What rule does it break?

I also could make a slight argument against the average completion rule- for example that would mean that Mass Effect 2 and 3 on PS4 aren't eligible for the event despite being genuinely long games. 

11 hours ago, steveblazinggrin said:

I am a little confused as to why Assassins's Creed 2 is uneligible. 

I popped the plat for the PS4 version of the game and it seems to align with the rules of eligibility. The average completion percentage is below 75% (65%), the game has 50 trophies excluding the platinum and has no dlc trophies, and the 50th fastest achiever in the 100% club is over 6 hours (1 day 9 hours). I am using the ps4 version of the game for these statistics. Please feel free to correct me if i am misunderstanding the rules.

Yeah there's a few listed games I don't get why they aren't eligible.