bannius213

Worst car game to me. Not an easy plat at all

63 posts in this topic

No, this is well clear of the worst car game.. someone clearly hasn't played Gravel before.

The plat isn't difficult at all - maybe just a bit repetitive. There are plenty of video and text guides to help you through the gymkhana events etc too.

I got the platinum twice between two accounts and the dlc 100% on this account. Your opinion is subjective, as is mine, but I thought it was far from the worst car game and I greatly enjoyed my time with it. The worst trophy imo is getting 30k in a gymkhana event but once you find a good line it becomes trivial. 

As someone who just likes racing and listening to (my own) music, I very much enjoyed Dirt 5. But then again I'm not of the mindset to nitpick every detail until I can't even enjoy what I'm playing.

I like racing, the game has racing with a good system (I don't have a lot to compare it to). That's enough for me to enjoy it. I'm sorry you go out of your way to find things you dislike, you should try not doing that... bet a lot of things will become more enjoyable.

Even some of the worst games can be fun if you can find the humor in just how outrageous they are.

Edited by Skurkitty

12 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

"Worst car game" is a bit overdramatic there are far worse games, and it seems to me you have more problems with the trophy requirements than the game itself.

Out of curiousity, what would be the worst AAA car game, if not Dirt 5?

Also OP, you ought to try V Rally 4  just to see if your convictions against Dirt 5 holds up 😆 I did not enjoy my time with that one and felt that 'If all rally games are like this one, I don't want to play another'.

Edited by Eraezr

5 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

The only bad  thing about this game is staying awake while driving 1000's of laps for the miles trophy. Game itself is rather fun tbh. They only should have added a bit more music as that shit is repetitive as hell :P  

So this is Mafia 2 dlc level of boring. Good thing I hate racing games and will never play it.

9 hours ago, bannius213 said:

Stop chasing me, bro. lul 

I hate hating games, but there's some times that I just can't hold myself. Maybe I need to stay away from games for a while. 

U got me wrong. 

I've played difficult games before, and it was awesome because you challenge yourself. 

When I say that this game it's too hard, it's because is boring AF for me. 

I was thirsty for a race game, because I love them, but this one is not for me. I'll chase the plat "just for the anger" that it caused in me lol 

That's a cool game, I hope u enjoy it, because I loved every single hour playing this game. 

Thank you, should I get the special edition or upgrade if it’s on sale? No point if it’s just cosmetics 

If you are not enjoying it, why don't you drop it and play something else?

12 hours ago, bannius213 said:

U got me wrong. 

I've played difficult games before, and it was awesome because you challenge yourself. 

When I say that this game it's too hard, it's because is boring AF for me. 

I was thirsty for a race game, because I love them, but this one is not for me. I'll chase the plat "just for the anger" that it caused in me lol 

Well then don't play it then, problem solved. I don't understand when people are so obsessed with getting platinum trophies that they play games they don't even like to get them and then even complain about it. What is the point of trophy hunting if you're not having fun with it? I think it's time you ask yourself that. 

Currently playing it. Doesn't even come close to the worst car game I've ever played. 

your post is just nonsensical gibberish, feels like youre just begging for attention with that rambling

also, "worst car racing game"? Bruh play any NFS MW 2012 or Rivals and try those awful experiences

I mainly stay away from driving games as they get get boring however i didnt mind Dirt 5 overall. My issue was i smashed it out in 2 days when it did the free trial a few months ago which I do not recommend doing as it did kill the fun a bit

It's easy, just boring as hell. Hardest part was staying awake.

If anything, this topic was made me more inclined to play it now.

From what I've seen of it though, if this is the worst car game you've ever played, then you've led a blessed life.

On 12/30/2021 at 6:24 PM, bannius213 said:

Bruh, this game is horrible. 

It's painful to play for the platinum, because the IA is doomb AF they keep hitting you all the time, the difficult changing doesn't seem to make difference (it's always too easy), the races are all the same, and drifting is so painfully bad. I've never seen a game that respawns your car STOPED! LIKE WTF 

Big respect to people that has the balls to 100% this game, because I'm suffering a boring pain since I've started this game. 

I'm sorry who likes this franchise and feels insulted. 

You see, even though I believe you have some valid criticisms, nobody is ever going to take you seriously because of the hyperbolic thread title. It's better to just not use the words WORST or BEST in a title at all, especially when it's clear to the majority of people that it simply isn't true, because you're just going to undermine your own argument from the get-go. You're going to get more people arguing in the thread over the fact that you said X game was the worst or the best than you are people discussing the topic at hand. Just my advice, but try to draw people in with a less clickbait/hyperbolic title next time. 

As to the topic at hand, NO, this clearly isn't the worst racer out there. Not by a long shot. But that doesn't mean that I don't agree with some of your points. The game is quite repetitive, and a lot of the events do blend together after a few hours, so it does get boring. However, I don't think that's unique to this car game. As for difficulty, I found it very easy, and the AI didn't provide any real challenge. However, you contradict yourself on this point in the thread title where you say it's "not an easy plat at all", but then go on to say "the difficult changing doesn't seem to make difference (it's always too easy)". It's things like this that contribute to your argument not holding much weight. It's either not an easy platinum at all, or it's too easy. Which is it? Try to be more concise with your thoughts. I thought the drifting was quite decent too, so no complaints there from me.

I got the 100% in both the PS4 and PS5 versions, and I don't think it was a particularly bad grind, or that it was painful to achieve. It's a decent (but not great) racer, that looks and plays well, especially on PS5. Given that it's now a PS Plus title, I would recommend that people at least try it out, just in case this thread somehow convinced you to do otherwise.

Worst game ever, hard to plat you say.. But you also say difficulty is 2 / 10. What the hell is wrong with you mate, calm down 😂

lol, I’m actually enjoying the game so far. 
Getting Driveclub vibes when playing in 1st person. 

Posted (edited)

Got the plat and it is the most boring game for me lol. But not worst.

Edited by XXIIlII

Dirt 5 is not the ,,best game,, in its franchise. 100% Agreed.

Pathfinder was a cool mode nonetheless.

AI is unbalanced and there are alot Careerevents during night, so it is sometimes hard to see where to drive. 
Dirt 5 has its downs for sure but in my opinion it is not ,,bad,,.

God man i miss Dirt 3…

I got a feeling like it's more kind of Onrush game without any power ups and motorbikes. Dirt 5 even got some stickers from there 😅

6 hours ago, Larzz said:

Getting Driveclub vibes

That's almost like comparing Uncharted and Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta.

18 minutes ago, MajloHS93 said:

I got a feeling like it's more kind of Onrush game without any power ups and motorbikes.

Nothing like it. Onrush was forgetabble but still fun and challenging. This one is braindead easy and the mechanics are bland and boring.

I feel genuinely sad that the people who made Motorstorm and Driveclub ended up doing such a mediocre game.

Even worse because Codemasters also used to publish great racing games back in the day.

Doesn't help EA now owns their asses either...

you-were-supposed-to-destroy-them-not-jo

On 30/12/2021 at 6:24 PM, bannius213 said:

Bruh, this game is horrible. 

It's painful to play for the platinum, because the IA is doomb AF they keep hitting you all the time, the difficult changing doesn't seem to make difference (it's always too easy), the races are all the same, and drifting is so painfully bad. I've never seen a game that respawns your car STOPED! LIKE WTF 

Big respect to people that has the balls to 100% this game, because I'm suffering a boring pain since I've started this game. 

I'm sorry who likes this franchise and feels insulted. 

Not an easy plat? I thought the game was boring because it was too easy, only really had fun on the last dlc where it seemed a bit more challenging, even then mostly first time or 1 retry, but to each their own, I have to say though, racers are not for you if this is ‘not easy’, that said I checked your profile and your clearly not bothered by completion so if you like rally, the best rally game, and in my opinion, best racer full stop Is Dirt Rally 2.0, give that a try if your just looking for some fun racing, you’ll find it hard tho by what you’ve just said, I agree with one thing tho, a lot of the tracks were reused far too much and most of the time with the same vehicle class you took there last time, maybe if the devs spent more time on track design than adding pointless and stupid firework displays and glitter bombs n neon lights n shit then it would have been a bit better, why do so many of these casual racers have all this cheesy crap slapped on to it, it’s really frustrating unless your a 15yo American boy who’s dad takes him to monster truck shows once a month, all the cheesy ‘party mode’ crap, the awful cheesy American npc dialogue (which I mute after 3 races because my ears can’t any more) the fireworks at the finish line and all the crap going on around the track, I just don’t get it, and it saps the atmosphere of the actual racing imo, we’re not all 15 ffs, this has kinda turned into my own rant, but how can you go from Dirt 4.... to Dirt 5...

On 30.12.2021 at 7:51 PM, S2001drake said:

It is subjective. I got the plat and I would do it again. I enjoyed the game. There are things I would change but I wouldn’t say that it is a bad game. Also the soundtrack rocks. 

enjoyed the game a lot and even all dlc. it's a great racing game for in between :) 

I have yet to play it but I highly doubt it'll be worse than the crew, which in my opinion story, variety of gameplay, and trophy-wise is a pain in the ass.

On 31/12/2021 at 3:31 AM, LOWERCASESUCKS said:

No, this is well clear of the worst car game.. someone clearly hasn't played Gravel before.

The plat isn't difficult at all - maybe just a bit repetitive. There are plenty of video and text guides to help you through the gymkhana events etc too.

Ouch is it that bad? I've bought it a while ago and still have to play it. What didn't you like?