(Spoilers!) Hunter Legend Solo Strategy

This guide is meant for those simply wishing to obtain this trophy, without the use of Online or any access to the higher endgame farmed gear. I can attest this is not as difficult as it seems; just lots of planning and preparation. Be aware this will still take a lot of practice to get right.

I used Charlotte exclusively. The entire “Astral Build” was patched long ago, so the Astral Ring and Skull Ring combo isn’t viable anymore. My strategy fully revolves around middle-ground gear and having all her spells maxed out. (Please note also that I did not come up with some boss strategies, but merely followed the basic idea and improvised with my personal play style from there).

This strategy does require you to own the DLCs, both for certain spell drops and specific armour. Again, nothing crazy. (We won’t be going after Valmanway-esque stuff here).

Head: Holy Veil

Body: Europa’s Dress

Legs: Artemis Shoes

Mantle: Blue Cape

Acc. 1: Apollonian Ring (or Artemisian Ring, depending on your system’s internal clock).

Acc. 2: Same

Spells:

R. Deathscythe

R. Summon Skeleton (replace with Dark Inferno only for Dracula)

R. Fireball

Heal

With this build, Charlotte should be at the following stats (once all 22 BASE game spells are maxed out):

ATK 71

DEF 48

STR 15

CON 16

INT 34

MND 19

LCK 21

The only piece of gear that took me a while to farm was the Holy Veil. Boss-only drop from Death, ONLY on Normal difficulty. Even wearing other pieces of gear with higher Luck stats, this took me a good 40 runs to get I’d say. The rest of the gear seemed to easily drop running through multiple casual plays of the DLC levels. (I won’t be listing drop locations here, as guides exist online). Always carry three High Mind Ups with you, and do not use them until the bosses.

Next is my Chapter by Chapter guide. I want to point out that this is once Charlotte maxes out all her spells, obtains the above equipment, and also maxes out the DLC spells (only one I never bothered with was Delta Spark. Absolutely not required to pick up).

CHAPTER 1

Not too much to say here. Boss has easy patterns but does more damage. I simply made sure to clear out the lower levels so I wouldn’t be swarmed when I fell through the floor. Aim at the feet, usual story. (The DLC spells R. Fireball, R. Summon Skeleton, and R. Deathscythe are going to be our bread and butter for the entirety of Hard Mode).

CHAPTER 2

Honestly, this was by far my biggest obstacle of Hard Mode. Easily more than Dracula. Place down R. Deathscythe in front of the coffins WHEN YOU START TO SEE SPARKLES. By the time it starts firing, the effigies the Boss tries to lower into the Iron Maidens will get instantly obliterated.

Apart from that, stay ahead of his path when he begins moving. Spam R. Fireball towards his body for damage, as well as the flying cursed dolls to clear them out. About twenty attempts of this guy. Some RNG comes into play with movement and flying doll patterns.

I’d say if you can get past this Boss, you will easily have the rest of Hard Mode in the bag!

CHAPTER 3

It might sound counter intuitive, but ignore the gigantic hammer! Extend the gold platform and wake up the boss. Stay on his left, and spam R. Summon Skeleton onto his knee-face as much as possible. It should blow up without too much trouble. Retreat up onto the gold platform and do the same on his chin-face. This was the boss I was fearing the most solo, yet beat him first attempt.

CHAPTER 4

Nothing really to say here. Just like with my Chapter 4 runs on Normal, I did nothing except stand next to the boss and spam R. Deathscythe and R. Fireball, healing when necessary. He goes down fairly easily thanks to the intense barrage of attacks. It’s basically just a matter of damage-tanking through this fight.

CHAPTER 5

Death is not your enemy here. The level’s many obstacles are. When Death starts chasing you around the level, IGNORE HIM and continue on. You want to practice your platforming so you can reach the boss room as unscathed as possible. Pretty easy as well, using a spamming combo of R. Fireball and R. Deathscythe. Just watch out for his swiping attacks that deal a lot of damage. Again, the Puppet Boss felt much more difficult to me.

CHAPTER 6

Spamming R. Fireball on most enemies, including Dullahan, will sink them quickly. Slide under the Final Guards, heal yourself and pick up all pieces of Tasty Meat you find for boosts. (The last piece is inside the outside wall above the bottom of the stairs which lead up to Dracula). Wait until your magic is totally refilled, and then head up to face Dracula.

Phase I:

Don’t bother wasting any magic here. With the stats and gear listed above, Charlotte’s melee hits Dracula for 73 damage each time. If he spawns on the far side of the room or right up against a wall, DO NOT TRY TO ATTACK HIM. Just dodge. When he spawns closer to the middle of the room, you can easily hop over him so you’re safe and wail away on him with your melee for tons of hits. Rinse and repeat.

Phase II:

This is the phase I had the most trouble with. A little RNG due to his Ghost Chaser attack, which curses you if any of them hit. Try to be against a wall and just absorb them. Don’t attempt to jump over or slide under them; it’s very difficult and will open yourself up to landing on top of Dracula, causing damage.

Place down R. Deathscythe at mid-to-head level in between spamming R. Fireball at him as much as possible, using one of those High Mind Ups when needed. (This is why we didn’t use any magic in the first phase). Our goal here is to finish off his second form as soon as possible, since this is when he’s most dangerous. The third phase is honestly a joke.

Phase III:

Hopefully you’re at or close to full health by this point. Use another High Mind Up if needed and wait until JUST BEFORE he finishes transforming to start firing off a constant wave of Dark Inferno at him, mid-level height. The projectiles go through his hands and hit him multiple times each. Stay in one corner and crouch when you see him begin to glow, and you’ll avoid MOST of his attacks.

I ran out of High Mind Ups at this point but thankfully he doesn’t move around much. The only attack I had to be very cautious of was where he creates tons of fire pillars. If you’re at the very edge of the room, you’ll want to quickly move forward in between the two closest pillars that are about to form, as there’s simply not enough room between the wall and the closest pillar to avoid taking damage. Once you’re in between the flame pillars, crouch down to avoid the electricity. Rinse and repeat using Dark Inferno each time your magic refills enough. Using this strategy, Dracula only took me three attempts…

“…But enough talk! Have at you!” 🧛🏻‍♂️

Edited by SmileSlice
Fixed emoji.
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...