Level 99 Grind...

Coexistant

• 2 weeks later...

I've done the 1000+ hour grind before on games (stares angrily at year one Fortnite) so I don't mind a game like this. My question is though, is there anything that may be released in the future that speeds up the grind? I played Diablo 1 and 2 casually when I was younger. Love the games, but never was able to sink into it since I was primarily a console gamer. Are there expansions or DLC that this game is missing that the original PC Diablo 2 had that might come to consoles later?

22 hours ago, iamthedotcom said:

I've done the 1000+ hour grind before on games (stares angrily at year one Fortnite) so I don't mind a game like this. My question is though, is there anything that may be released in the future that speeds up the grind? I played Diablo 1 and 2 casually when I was younger. Love the games, but never was able to sink into it since I was primarily a console gamer. Are there expansions or DLC that this game is missing that the original PC Diablo 2 had that might come to consoles later?

This is the original game and Lord of Destruction. I do know that they are adding new items (runewords) soon that never existed in the original game, but no new content (acts, etc).

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Coexistant said:

I do know that they are adding new items (runewords) soon that never existed in the original game, but no new content (acts, etc).

They mentioned a while back that they had some new monsters planned. I'm not sure whether that means new uber-bosses or new areas for those new monsters, or just new monsters in already-existing areas, but it's possible that new late-game content will be added at some point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NathanielJohn said:

They mentioned a while back that they had some new monsters planned. I'm not sure whether that means new uber-bosses or new areas for those new monsters, or just new monsters in already-existing areas, but it's possible that new late-game content will be added at some point.

That's always a struggle for me. I want to jump on the hype train and play something new, but I hate getting burned by DLC down the road. Don't get me wrong, I love when devs support their games for a good long time, but I can't help but feel that the best experience you can have with a game is when it is finally complete. FFXV was probably the thing that broke me. I actually enjoyed the gameplay loop and interactions of the bros, but man, the game seemed so much better when my wife played it a few years later. They fixed some of the weird story beats in the late game.

Last question (probably) for those who have jumped into the grind. Do you get to a point where the stress level is low? Meaning, is there a point where you can comfortably grind without fear of dying being a major concern? I'm looking for a game that I can shut down my brain on when I get home from work, so if I get everything prepped and specced out, does that 400 hour grind become more about mindlessly hitting buttons or will I need to be pretty alert to stay alive while grinding?

Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, iamthedotcom said:

That's always a struggle for me. I want to jump on the hype train and play something new, but I hate getting burned by DLC down the road. Don't get me wrong, I love when devs support their games for a good long time, but I can't help but feel that the best experience you can have with a game is when it is finally complete. FFXV was probably the thing that broke me. I actually enjoyed the gameplay loop and interactions of the bros, but man, the game seemed so much better when my wife played it a few years later. They fixed some of the weird story beats in the late game.

Last question (probably) for those who have jumped into the grind. Do you get to a point where the stress level is low? Meaning, is there a point where you can comfortably grind without fear of dying being a major concern? I'm looking for a game that I can shut down my brain on when I get home from work, so if I get everything prepped and specced out, does that 400 hour grind become more about mindlessly hitting buttons or will I need to be pretty alert to stay alive while grinding?

Thanks in advance. 

With top end game gear (as you reach level 94+ most likely) it gets pretty relaxing in terms of the risk of death deteriorates as your gear approaches the closest to the best available for you and your mercenary, even on players 8. You'll definitely need to be more alert and aware the further you are from this as you are mid game grind approaching end game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/01/2022 at 10:49 AM, Eruyom said:

istn baal runs better in exp? or is chaos the best for farming for 98 to 99?

you can leave baal until hit 98 (when the real grind begins) and do only chaos, because you can save the ancients quest to do at lvl 98. 

you will get 13% to lvl 99

On 30/12/2021 at 7:53 PM, Coexistant said:

Closing the gap on Level 98 doing Chaos runs with 8 player (hardcore single player). Anyone else having fun doing the same thing over and over?

Hammerdin's are great and all but I had to mute my sound as the hammer sound is playing in my sleep.

What did your chaos sanctuary runs look like towards the end? We're you just teleporting to the uniques and then and killing diablo? At what lvl would you stop clearing all the normal mobs? 

On 1/29/2022 at 0:00 PM, t-H-3_d-O-u-G said:

What did your chaos sanctuary runs look like towards the end? We're you just teleporting to the uniques and then and killing diablo? At what lvl would you stop clearing all the normal mobs? 

My tip would be to time your runs on P8 Mobs and P7 Diablo and the XP you gain for those and compare it to a P1 Mobs and P7 Diablo kill to see which type of run would be more worthwhile for you. I went the Baal Run route so I can't answer this question directly. For Baal However it's almost always more efficient to do P8 Mobs and P3 Baal if you have the mid to high end gear to clear it that way.

• Like 1