What games/DLC are important to Villages story

JakBrod

I want to say that End of Zoe DLC for RE7 is also referenced in RE8 but it isn't a big deal if you don't play it.

The character of Oswell E. Spencer is also referenced in a note. He is a big character that influenced most of the viruses in the games, you can check him out in the Resident Evil wiki though.

RE8 is very self contained and is very lore friendly to newcomers. The only thing really is to finish the main campaign for RE7 as there are spoilers for that game in 8.

1 minute ago, JakBrod said:

I've heard some people mention RE6 can be important to RE8 story is this true or does it not really matter?

It can be. But it's very miniscule and RE8 can be played without RE6 knowledge just fine. Of course you should play 6 if you want to learn more about Chris but then I would just say play 1 and Code Veronica. 

1 hour ago, wackt1 said:

Re7 is the only game pertinent to re8 for backstory. 8 also does make refernece to the Chris boulder memes and makes references to Umbrella's origins but thats about it 

This was an extremely exciting thing for me to find out. I've always wanted to get into RE, but I couldn't see myself doing 1-6. Seeing 7 be a "fresh start" essentially made me grab up all the DLC + Village this Holiday sale. I'm glad some companies are doing this (The Yakuza games did it as well).

Gonna start 7 tomorrow, really looking forward to it.

Edited by Skurkitty

1 hour ago, Skurkitty said:

This was an extremely exciting thing for me to find out. I've always wanted to get into RE, but I couldn't see myself doing 1-6. Seeing 7 be a "fresh start" essentially made me grab up all the DLC + Village this Holiday sale. I'm glad some companies are doing this (The Yakuza games did it as well).

Gonna start 7 tomorrow, really looking forward to it.

The first 3-4 hours of RE7 are absolutely terrifying, and awesome.

9 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Is 8 bad? First time I have heard someone say to avoid 8.

I really didn't enjoy it to be honest, apart from 1 part and even then ehh.. The whole game was just quite flat and dissapointing compared to how good 7 was. I'm hoping RE8's DLC will be better, cos 7 had a real good selection of DLC that was quite fun, but we'll see.

• Like 1