Should i wait for the PS5 upgrade?

JakBrod

I would wait, it's quite a long game and the load times take a while. The menu also loads up slow when you bring it up in game. It has a lot to gain performance wise on ps5.

Edited by xh117
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...

Kept waiting to play this with each new announcement of delays annoying me more and more. decided i couldnt wait anymore after they said not second quarter but end 2022. havent regretted my decision one bit its alot of fun. i am still in the starting area white orchard but have cleared just about all the question marks and explored the whole area coz the side content is so good. happy i am playing it and it runs great on my ps5 even though its not the enhanced version. 

my advice to anyone that cant wait is dont wait, you will have a blast as is

10 minutes ago, El_Shubi said:

happy i am playing it and it runs great on my ps5 even though its not the enhanced version. 

Honestly, other than abysmal loading times(~3 minutes after death)  in Velen, Witcher 3 was fine even on release. It also was PS4Pro enhanced.  But honestly, if you waited 7 years, another half a year is not so far away. 

I tried to play it in 2020 - it crashed and corrupted my PS4 Pro database twice within the first hour of gameplay. (that's with a full re-download after the first time.)

Tread carefully with CD Project Red - their ambition is admirable, but their technical prowess does not seem to up to matching it, as far as I can tell - at least on console.

45 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

Honestly, other than abysmal loading times(~3 minutes after death)  in Velen, Witcher 3 was fine even on release. It also was PS4Pro enhanced.  But honestly, if you waited 7 years, another half a year is not so far away. 

i did think about that but i have nothing i really want to play that badly. load times and fast travel are super fast and i am still enjoying how it looks and plays. so decided not to wait on the chance, and there is a chance, that CDPR pushes it out again. I might be done with it by then if not maybe i will be able to upgrade and continue and if not at least i enjoyed all this time.