Should i wait for the PS5 upgrade?

JakBrod

15 minutes ago, AnOrdinaryBloke said:

Considering it hasn't released yet, we have no idea. Im not sure if Cyberpunk autopops, but if it does I imagine the PS5 version of this may follow suit.

Cyberpunk autopopped a trophy when i installed the ps5 version, but i never played more than 2hrs total. 

As for playing Witcher 3 now, i say do it. No telling when the ps5 upgrade will come. Fall is pretty stacked too

30 minutes ago, Johnathan994 said:

Does anyone know if the trophies autopop? :D

Possibly not (but no confirmation as of yet), but tbh the game is so good, and 'should' run like a dream on PS5, i'd recommend playing through again! ?

• Like 3

It's my favourite game ever. I completed it multiple times on blank account I was going for speedrun with GOTY version, kept the other version in case I get the appetite to play it again, so I was thinking the same thing, just forget about this one and wait for PS5 version. I completed it regardless week ago, kept the save file in case auto pop is gonna be enabled, if it's gonna be I'll just continue with that save file to new game +. If you're really interested in the game I would say do the PS4 version and if you fall in love with it do it again on PS5. The game is really something special!

• Like 1

The only thing in game i could never wrap my head around was Gwent. I even have the hardcover strategy guide (was like $15 on launch day, forget why), and i followed the gwent part best i could but just never grasped it, factor in the missable opponents and cards it just made things hard for me.

Great game though!

On 7/2/2022 at 9:25 AM, Infected Elite said:

The only thing in game i could never wrap my head around was Gwent. I even have the hardcover strategy guide (was like $15 on launch day, forget why), and i followed the gwent part best i could but just never grasped it, factor in the missable opponents and cards it just made things hard for me.

Great game though!

this definitely requires some attention while playing. as a basic rule though play every innkeep, merchant, balcksmith and armorer that has the option when you get to a new area. also buy every card thats on sale, sell stuff if you need money but buy all cards soon as you see them. also theres alot of gwent quests but i found the guide thats link in trophy guide very useful just did all the gwent related stuff as soon as a i got to an area or as soon as the required missions were available. landed up getting all the cards even duplicates. you know you have all random cards soon as the new merchants you find stop giving you random cards. 

far as strategy goes you can change the gwent difficulty on its own without affecting the death march playthrough. pretty easy to win after this just have alot of spies 

On 12/31/2021 at 11:55 AM, JakBrod said:

Bought the game a few months back but never played that much of it, but i hear it's a great game. 

Should i start playing it soon or wait till the PS5 version gets released? 

7 months later, no more update yet from CDPR, so. we expect it till Oct~Dec 

I want it to play again on PS5

On 5/30/2022 at 1:58 PM, El_Shubi said:

i did think about that but i have nothing i really want to play that badly. load times and fast travel are super fast and i am still enjoying how it looks and plays. so decided not to wait on the chance, and there is a chance, that CDPR pushes it out again. I might be done with it by then if not maybe i will be able to upgrade and continue and if not at least i enjoyed all this time. 

And done with the main game, might jump into the dlc after while but happy I didn't wait for end of the year. 

It's a really good game long but doesn't feel like it overstays it's welcome.did everything in one playthrough though I think separating the deathmarch run would have been too much

• 4 months later...
On 02/07/2022 at 0:04 AM, Johnathan994 said:

Does anyone know if the trophies autopop? :D

Explanation:
As of now we have confirmation on PS5 Wticher 3 having cross save. Meaning, you will be able to import every save from your PS4 game and play it on PS5.
If I remember correctly, CP2077 had some problems with auto popping, and to be honest the best way to "autopop" PS5 version is to make saves on PS4 for misc. trophies like "Use 17 potions in the same time" (or sth like that) and use this on PS5.

If CDP don't fix this, we won't be able to autopop story trophies, and missable trophies.

It can be useful only if you have certain save points before completing requirement for a trophy. Like, if you saved before final boss fight, you can access it on PS5 and fight the boss again, thus unlocking the trophy.

For me, it's an opportunity to play, and enjoy the game again. Trophy hunting in Witcher 3 is in my top 5. The game is balanced to have some difficult ones (difficulty related, or missable like card ones), but achieving them was great, including "Gwent". There are some games where I wouldn't do certain things (like playing Gwent everywhere) if not for the trophies.

I hope you'll get your platinum soon! ^^

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, MaszynistaGreg said:

Explanation:
As of now we have confirmation on PS5 Wticher 3 having cross save. Meaning, you will be able to import every save from your PS4 game and play it on PS5.
If I remember correctly, CP2077 had some problems with auto popping, and to be honest the best way to "autopop" PS5 version is to make saves on PS4 for misc. trophies like "Use 17 potions in the same time" (or sth like that) and use this on PS5.

If CDP don't fix this, we won't be able to autopop story trophies, and missable trophies.

It can be useful only if you have certain save points before completing requirement for a trophy. Like, if you saved before final boss fight, you can access it on PS5 and fight the boss again, thus unlocking the trophy.

For me, it's an opportunity to play, and enjoy the game again. Trophy hunting in Witcher 3 is in my top 5. The game is balanced to have some difficult ones (difficulty related, or missable like card ones), but achieving them was great, including "Gwent". There are some games where I wouldn't do certain things (like playing Gwent everywhere) if not for the trophies.

I hope you'll get your platinum soon! ^^

Thanks for the detailed answer mate :D hope you get yours too!

Great game! I would wait. Always nice with the latest and greatest. 

Awesome side quest. The quality of most of the beat main story in many games.
I played PS4 (never got the platinum), but I will definitely go for it when It drops for PS5. (or add it to my long backlog :) )

• Like 1

The PS5 Upgrade gets released on December 14th, so, free space on your consoles, it's gonna be great to come back to this game again! ?

As for me, it's been an amazing journey, when I first played the game. The side quests are more than just "find the key, fight thugs, open the chest, get xp". Every side quest has unique story behind it, sometimes even whole side arcs (like the one in Velen). The Gwent minigame is the best! I remember, when I started playing W3 on PC I skipped all of it, but trophies on PS4 MADE ME play Gwent, and it was fabulous! For everyone who's reading this - play a few round of Gwent, you're gonna like it :D

Happy Trophy Hunting! (both, as in-game side quest, and PS trophies :D)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PlatinumLeznis said:

...play a few round of Gwent, you're gonna like it :D

I usually don't like card games, but I became addicted to gwent on The Witcher 3. It's really fun and satisfying how it progressively increases difficulty.

I was also never really into high fantasy or action rpgs, but I will never forget my first big monster battle. One of my most thrilling gaming experiences. Got me hooked on the game for a while.

Can't wait to wield the silver sword once again!

FiHmWxbWIAQWC38?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by LastMinuteSavior

• 2 weeks later...

Johnathan994.

Most likely not like Cyperpunk 2077, but it's sad to see how people really want to autopop trophies from a game like Witcher 3 and don't want to experience the better version.

To me it's best game ever made, so ofc I play it again from start to finish legit ?

Edited by TuomasH92