Outriders is COMPLETELY BROKEN

GorosBat

So I started playing Outriders a day ago and didn't have a single problem until today when I started playing. I was on the mission "Salvation" and in the Hangman's Tree area and all of a sudden the game crashes my ps5, making a loud buzzing sound. I tried restarting from the same point and within 1 minute of playing the game my ps5 crashes EVERY SINGLE TIME. I tried deleting the game and reinstalling and that had no effect. I rebuilt my ps5 data base and that still didn't work. So I thought maybe it is my ps5 that is the issue, but when I tried other games I had no issue at all. I thought maybe it is my save file for my main character so I made a new character and the game still crashes within 1-2 minutes of play. I then completely wiped all of my character saves and tried starting fresh but that still gave me a game crash. Maybe I'm getting these issues because I have the physical copy? I literally have no idea what else to do, this game is COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE for me and I'm worried if I keep trying to get the game running, it will brick my ps5. 

Update: I bought the game digitally and am still getting the crashes, WTF is wrong with this game it is literally broken. I hard reset my ps5 redownloaded it, wiped all saved data and still no result. Square Enix can get fuked, I'm literally never going to buy an online only game from this publisher ever again. In all my 24 years of gaming I've never had a game hard crash my console 15+ times, not even on PC. Hope this post is a good warning to anyone considering getting this unplayable mess of a game and yes I'm gonna say it.... Not even Cyberpunk 2077 is this broken.

Edited by GorosBat

12 hours ago, GorosBat said:

So I started playing Outriders a day ago and didn't have a single problem until today when I started playing. I was on the mission "Salvation" and in the Hangman's Tree area and all of a sudden the game crashes my ps5, making a loud buzzing sound. I tried restarting from the same point and within 1 minute of playing the game my ps5 crashes EVERY SINGLE TIME. I tried deleting the game and reinstalling and that had no effect. I rebuilt my ps5 data base and that still didn't work. So I thought maybe it is my ps5 that is the issue, but when I tried other games I had no issue at all. I thought maybe it is my save file for my main character so I made a new character and the game still crashes within 1-2 minutes of play. I then completely wiped all of my character saves and tried starting fresh but that still gave me a game crash. Maybe I'm getting these issues because I have the physical copy? I literally have no idea what else to do, this game is COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE for me and I'm worried if I keep trying to get the game running, it will brick my ps5. 

I recently just started too (digital version, digital PS5) and am having none of these problems. If you're concerned I recommend calling playstation support. Any issues I've ever had they've been eager to help fix at no cost to me. Their support is one of the reasons I'm so brand loyal to Sony.

generally clearing cache, deleting all saves and not reloading backups. / reinstallaing the game will fix any issue that wasn't there before. being that the game is always online and the publisher notoriously shit it could very well be something on their end. 

17 hours ago, GorosBat said:

I'm worried if I keep trying to get the game running, it will brick my ps5. 

try emailing / tweeting the devs, they're pretty cool guys they might know something. I saw on reddit someone else has this problem 9 months ago.

Outriders crashes on my Playstation®. (square-enix-games.com)

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

1 hour ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

generally clearing cache, deleting all saves and not reloading backups. / reinstallaing the game will fix any issue that wasn't there before. being that the game is always online and the publisher notoriously shit it could very well be something on their end. 

try emailing / tweeting the devs, they're pretty cool guys they might know something. I saw on reddit someone else has this problem 9 months ago.

Outriders crashes on my Playstation00ae.png. (square-enix-games.com)

Yeah, I tried cleaning the disc and installing again and got the same problem today, it must be a defective disc because I've literally never had a problem with any other disc or digital game in all my time owning playstation consoles. I've caved in and bought the digital version and will probably try to get a refund for my physical copy at EB games

My game glitched like crazy.  Always sending me the wrong way, or unable to get into parts it was telling me to go.  

But what makes this better (not) is the fact I have a glitched trophy in which I cannot get.  (COUPE DE GRACE - Kill an enemy afflicted with at least 4 different status effects)

I've literally stood in front and killed countless enemies with 4-6 status effects. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong but something isn't meshing.  So my games broken.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2022 at 4:17 PM, TheDirePhantom said:

My game glitched like crazy.  Always sending me the wrong way, or unable to get into parts it was telling me to go. 

I had that problem as well but realized quite quickly that the quest line goes the shortest distance to where you need to go and sometimes that is over a boulder that you cannot move and you have to go around a cliff or mountain. I'm playing the PlayStation 5 digital version and it was the free upgrade from the PlayStation 4 physical disc that I picked up from my local discount store for $4.99CAD and knock on wood haven't had any hard crashes or any problems.

• Like 1