Which is better, Playstation trophies or Xbox achievements?

MyLordD

I've spent some time with earning trophies and earning achievements and In my opinion, Trophies are the winner. I fine the trophy system to be more organized (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum) than the achievement system (high Gamerscore = whole lot of numbers) But I do like how the achievements pop on time compared to the fact that trophies have a bit of a delay. (Well for PS3 anyway)

hey ppl , stop saying that trophies are cooler, better , have more varity (bronze -plat) !!!  Stop fanboying !!!  lol

sry that was necessary ..... ...  to funny xD 

(WARNING : this post have high possibility of sarcasm)

I must say after being on both, trophies are better to me. Reason for me is I love that distinct sound when a trophy pops. There is nothing like it. When an achievement pops you not sure if it's a message or what. Now what I like that pan needs to fix is the fact that add ons are exactly that. Xbox adds to your point total whereas psn subtracts. Why? The coding needs to be fixed so that the trophy bar extends past 100% if u BUY the add one then you get 125% or whatever, but we should not get penalized for an addon we didn't even buy. In closing trophies are better but I would like to see the add on penalty removed. I want this because I platinum Uncharted3 week one, and someone who platinum's it today is ranked higher than me. That's ridiculous, the game didn't have those trophies for me to earn on release day, so now I have a 51% platinum because of a 50 trophy addon and I pay the penalty.

I agree with the people mentioning the DLC thing. Even if, say, Assassin's Creed has the same list, the two major things that separate achievements from trophies is 1) that if I finish Black Flag's base game list, I'll have a platinum to show for it, whereas I'll have an incomplete game on the Xbox side of things once some annoying multiplayer DLC that I have no interest in releases. Sure, completion percentage goes down, but at least I have SOMETHING that says I completed the game at least once.

2) I just don't really feel as bothered to complete my games on 360/One. It just feels like it's all going to the same place anyway (i.e., the gamerscore), so if I have a ton of games with 800 points or 1150 when including a ton of DLC but I'm still missing base game achievements, I feel more inclined to move on before even thinking about a mop up stage to get those last few collectibles I need. If all my games weren't 100% completed, but I still had 800 points in most of them, I'd still have a high gamerscore, just lower completion percentage, which I can't say I'm as bothered by.

• Like 2

Trophies, as at a passing glance you can tell whether someone likes to complete games or not with their Platinum count: trophy level ratio.  Once you've been trophy collecting for a while you appreciate the balance.

Gamerscore at a glance shows nothing - I could get 5GS in 20 games or complete one it all looks the same.

• Like 1

The trophy system with the Platinum is so much more motivating.

But I wish I could split the trophies up on PS4 when comparing them to a friend.

I always have to scroll through all my PS3 games until I can finally see which PS4 games my friend has.

Sony should update this (sort trophies -> PS3, PS4, Vita), so it's better for the user to compare them.

Also, comparing trophies on PS3 is super slow.

I have a 360 and about 23,000GS and was motivated back when I got the system. But nowadays, trophies are much better to me because of the Platinum.

Besides the fact that Playstation has the Platinum trophy, I also like that trophies have a set order. On the Xbox, achievements are ordered by the date you got them, so it can get a little messy. On Playstation everything is nice and clean.

The trophies system is base round a rpg leveling system but instead of numbers or exp, (which is basically numbers) we use trophies. How can you explain to someone "I'm level 26 because I got 5533 bronze, 2433 silver, 123 gold and 74 platinum(s) trophies" ? It wouldn't make sense to the person that you're trying to explain to. If numbers were used, it would be easier for a person to grasp. That's why Achievements are more logical. 

Presentation wise, Achievements sucks! Numbers are great and a high number is awesome to have. But it gets boring after a while and plus long number gamer-scores look ugly compare to a set of trophies. 

I see. That does make sense. I've never liked the "experience" system on the PS3 because you can't see it (yeah - I know bronzes are worth 10, silvers 30 ,etc. etc.)

You can delete any game through PS4. Including the PS3/PSV ones.

Huh...Well that's awesome. I can finally be rid of some games on my trophy lists, I've been wanting to get rid of. Like Bulletstorm since I can't plat it and Gran Turismo 5 & CoD: World at War, since I didn't want them on my trophy lists in the first place. Looking forward to gettingm y PS4 even more now =D.

Huh...Well that's awesome. I can finally be rid of some games on my trophy lists, I've been wanting to get rid of. Like Bulletstorm since I can't plat it and Gran Turismo 5 & CoD: World at War, since I didn't want them on my trophy lists in the first place. Looking forward to gettingm y PS4 even more now =D.

I thought you could only delete 0% (but from the PS3 and PS4).

Yea, exactly, I hope I didn't make myself unclear by not mentioning it.

Any game that has 0% percentage that is.

Yea, exactly, I hope I didn't make myself unclear by not mentioning it.

You can delete any game through PS4.

You meanie! I'll nep you black and blue! ò_ó

awww, my poor black and blue neped Satoshi-buddyyy :( *hug* *peting head*

I would say xbox achievements since there there for your profile and looks pretty cool when you get a lot. :3 (100000 for me)

But playstation is still cool with the platinums. (it gives me more motivation to go for every trophy since they are either bronze, silver or gold. But in xbox you don't really want to go through so much just to get like a 5g for final achievement and get nothing in return :/)