First Impressions of MW3?

I have just been playing MW3 and personally I think its rather good. To me it does seem like Modern Warfare 2.5, as many of the guns are the same along with a very familiar interface and graphics.

So far I have just played the first campaign mission which is set in New York. There are some very spectacular graphics going on, however the level (and I suspect many to come) follow the same linear structure.

The Infinity Ward equivalent of Nazi Zombies makes an appearance too, featuring a survival mode where you take on endless waves of infantry, helicopters and dogs, with a friend or online.

Now the multiplayer is amazing, albeit rather familiar. It feels very polished and fluid, and extremely fun! Some nice additions are the weapon proficiency system, which means your gun levels up separately to you, unlocking attachments and camos (no more grinding for headshots!). The Black Ops currency system is gone and the usual level up and unlock returns.

A neat feature I have also noticed is that on your playercard online, your prestiges for COD4, WaW, MW2, and BO are displayed beneath your MW3 rank.

So overall, I'm very impressed. I'm sure the campaign will be more of the same, but really you buy Call of Duty for the multiplayer which is epic!

So to anyone thinking of getting this game, I would highly recommend it if FPS is your thing, if not then perhaps this isn't for you.

I'd give it a 9.5/10 :D

So hope you liked my mini review, if you already have it then it'd be nice to hear your thoughts. :)

I bought MW3 today out of curiosity. This is the first Call of Duty game I've played, so I don't have the familiarity fatigue that others may have with CoD, but so far so good. A few connection issues playing online, but the matchmaking is fast and with ample game variations. I'd like to be dumped with more same level players though. It's a little disheartening seeing everyone at level 35+ knowing your going to get it handed to you. The campaign is pretty standard stuff but that's only based on the first mission. I haven't had a chance to mess with Spec Ops yet and overall there seems like a good bit of content to digest, so I'm pleased so far.

I love the game of course we all buy it for the online play, but the campaign was way too short for me. I beat it in under 5 hours, but love the online play, dont think you can go wrong with buying this game but does feel a little like MW2.5. I bought both BF3 and MW3 and just dont like the online play with BF3 but the campaign was great outside of the very end.

The campaign was fun but entirely too short and while the multiplayer gameplay is some of the best in the series, the maps are terrible. I don't know how the messed up so bad, but there is not a single map that I look forward to playing when I boot up the multiplayer.

While of course it looks and plays like MW2, the amount of new content and gameplay I will get from this title easily makes it worth the purchase price. I'm looking forward to some map packs though, hopefully we'll see some old favorites return, a la MW2.

Parker

The campaign was fun but entirely too short and while the multiplayer gameplay is some of the best in the series, the maps are terrible. I don't know how the messed up so bad, but there is not a single map that I look forward to playing when I boot up the multiplayer.

While of course it looks and plays like MW2, the amount of new content and gameplay I will get from this title easily makes it worth the purchase price. I'm looking forward to some map packs though, hopefully we'll see some old favorites return, a la MW2.

Parker

I totally agree with you about the maps - they feel very cramped (like rat runs). Apparently some old favourites are going to return though - possibly Highrise :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I think it's pretty bad compared to MW2. The campaign was short and there were only a few missions that were even remotely enjoyable. The online is garbage. There is always 2 guys laying prone in front of a doorway, people kill me with 3 shots while it takes me the whole damn clip, maps are way too small etc.. MW2s campaign was better and the online was much more fun. I loved fighting in urban maps like Terminal, Crash, Afghan etc... The only thing bad about MW2 was the quickscoping and the n00blets that abused that flaw. Nice to know that they at least fixed that in MW3. MW3 felt so downgraded compared to 2. I had more fun playing WAW, MW2 and Black Ops. I can't recommend it to anyone.