(PS4/Switch) Witch on the Holy Night (Japan Release - December 8th, 2022)

Aniplex, Type Moon Announces Fully Voiced, High-Definition Edition of Witch on the Holy Night Visual Novel, Arrives in 2022 (credit to Gematsu):

Witch-on-the-Holy-Night_2021_12-31-21_00

Publisher Aniplex and developer TYPE-MOON will release a fully high-definition, fully voiced version of visual novel Witch on the Holy Night for PlayStation 4 and Switch in 2022 in Japan, the companies announced.

Witch on the Holy Night first launched for PC in April 2012 in Japan. Here is a synopsis of the game’s story, via its official website:

In a mansion atop a hill live two witches…

The late 1980s. The twilight of an age full of extravagance and liveliness. A boy who had come to the city crosses paths with two witches living in the modern age.

The boy lived an ordinary life; she lived life with dignity and pride; the girl lived in hiding, as if asleep.

Each of their stars had their own path. Their alignment was unthinkable. But it was not long before the three people, who were different from each other in every way, began living together—.

Watch the announcement trailer below. View a set of images at the gallery. Visit the teaser website here.

TRAILER

SOURCE: https://www.gematsu.com/2021/12/witch-on-the-holy-night-coming-to-ps4-switch-in-2022-in-japan

Witch-on-the-Holy-Night_2021_12-31-21_00

Edited by The Arizona Ranger
Made slight change.
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...

UPDATE: Type Moon Releasing Witch on the Holy Night December 2022 in Japan, Will Support Multiple Language Options (Including English) (credit to Gematsu):

Witch-on-the-Holy-Night_04-11-22_001.jpg

The PlayStation 4 and Switch versions of Witch on the Holy Night will launch in December in Japan, TYPE-MOON announced. It will support English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese language options.

As previously announced, the PlayStation 4 and Switch re-release will be a fully high-definition, fully voiced version of the April 2012-released PC visual novel.

The newly confirmed voice cast includes:

• Aoko Aozaki (voiced by Haruka Tomatsu)
  • Alice Kuonji (voiced by Kana Hanazawa)
  • Soujuurou Shizuki (voiced by Yuusuke Kobayashi)
  • Kojika Kumari (voiced by Chika Anzai)
  • Tobimaru Tsukiji (voiced by Toshinari Fukamachi)
  • Housuke Kinomi (voiced by Shohei Kajikawa)

In other news, the Witch on the Holy Night anime movie produced by ufotable is aiming for a release in late 2023 (thanks, @anyu_kazu).

SOURCE: https://www.gematsu.com/2022/04/witch-on-the-holy-night-for-ps4-and-switch-launches-in-december-in-japan-includes-english-subtitles

Edited by The Arizona Ranger
Fixed title
  • Like 1

This is making the rounds due to Type Moon NEVER releasing a visual novel in English. It's a huge deal. People are understandably getting excited, thinking that if Mahoyo sells well, it will open the way for FSN and Tsukihime Remake to get English localizations in the future as well.

That's all well and good, but Mahoyo is by far the best thing Type Moon has EVER produced. I'm a little disappointed that people are focusing on what could be, and ignoring what's right in front of them.

Easily my favourite VN of all time; better than the other masterpieces that I have played. The likes of Steins;Gate, The House in Fata Morgana and even Full Metal Daemon Muramasa. All exceptional games, but Mahoyo is special. This news made me cry last night. Truly a magnificent way to kick off Mahoyo's 10th anniversary yesterday.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Witch on the Holy Night Gets December 8th Release Date for Japan (credit to Gematsu):

Witch-on-the-Holy-Night-Date_05-27-22.jp

Witch on the Holy Night will launch for PlayStation 4 and Switch on December 8 for 6,600 yen, publisher Aniplex and developer TYPE-MOON announced. It will support English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese language options. Pre-orders will open on May 28th.

A first-print limited edition will also be available for 7,700 yen, which includes a special box with artwork by Hirokazu Koyama and the “Fundamental Rhythms of a Witch” art book.

PlayStation 4 users will also be able to purchase a Digital Deluxe Edition for 7,150 yen, which includes a digital version of the art book.

The PlayStation 4 and Switch re-release will be a fully high-definition, fully voiced version of the April 2012-released PC visual novel. Find the announced voice cast here.

Watch a new trailer below.

SOURCE: https://www.gematsu.com/2022/05/witch-on-the-holy-night-for-ps4-switch-launches-december-8-in-japan

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

TYPE-MOON has released a new trailer for the console version of Witch on the Holy Night, which features the ending theme song “Hoshi ga Matataku Konna Yoru ni” by supercell. They also announced a demo, which will be available in November.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

I won't lie I'm extremely surprised this will be their first localization especially over Tsukihime or any of the Fate VNs which would've been arguably more instant successes.

Here's hoping no censorship or changes on the Switch Port at least.

Mahoyo is thought of as more important in the Nasu verse than Tsukihime is. They also announced an anime movie adaptation which is being done by ufotable, next year. So they're putting a lot of eggs in Mahoyo's basket. To me it's the best work Nasu has ever written, and it will make a lot of sense if they announce a sequel.

Anyway, if the sales are strong, it can be assumed that Tsukihime Remake will get a localization as well when Red Garden releases.

So if people want Tsuki localized, or any other future endeavor... buying Mahoyo/Witch on the Holy Night is the move.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My imported Japanese copy is on the way to me right now. I'm pleasantly surprised that we're finally getting a officially localised Type Moon game. If I had it my way, I personally would have preferred a Tsukihime translation over this, but I'm certainly not complaining. I hope more Type Moon visual novels make their way Westward eventually.