The7thINFANTRY

Trophy Grinding Tips

9 posts in this topic

Thanks very much for your post. ^.^ Game's discounted to $6 at the moment, which sounds...about right, or a tad high even still, for a quickie w/ technical issues. Honestly expected it to have a 100% list, not a Platinum. Reviews on Steam aren't kind to this one. ;w; But it may be worth the stab at a steep discount just because so few of this genre arise into existence. "Aerial mecha", etc.

On 3/16/2022 at 6:41 AM, Zas said:

Thanks very much for your post. ^.^ Game's discounted to $6 at the moment, which sounds...about right, or a tad high even still, for a quickie w/ technical issues. Honestly expected it to have a 100% list, not a Platinum. Reviews on Steam aren't kind to this one. ;w; But it may be worth the stab at a steep discount just because so few of this genre arise into existence. "Aerial mecha", etc.

Glad I could help! I believe that's the price I picked up the game for and I felt it was fair. It's a very short experience but I agree in that it is refreshing to play "aerial mecha" types of games as they are few and far between. I recently picked up the Zone of the Enders HD Collection for PS3 so I'm pretty excited to jump into that one at some point.

Just now, The7thINFANTRY said:

Glad I could help! I believe that's the price I picked up the game for and I felt it was fair. It's a very short experience but I agree in that it is refreshing to play "aerial mecha" types of games as they are few and far between. I recently picked up the Zone of the Enders HD Collection for PS3 so I'm pretty excited to jump into that one at some point.

Good gosh, I /adored/ Zone of the Enders (each entry, for different reasons) on PS2; here's strongly hoping that ZoE likewise pleases you, on PS3! =]

And mmhm, had PSN credit lying around, picked up Wing of Darkness for $6, last evening - as you stated, sounds plenty fair. Not rostered this game into my gaming schedule just quite yet, but at least 'tis obtained now. Thanks again! :D

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the grinding tips.

For the "Wings of Steel" trophy (Cleared every mission in the game without ever being shot down), I finished the game on the easiest mode and don't remember being shot down. Some chapters seemed to end like I died or something but that was out of my control. Can someone advise which chapter I may have died or how to ensure this trophy unlocks?

Thanks!

EDIT: I decided to replay chapters starting from the Prologue. After I replayed and finished Chapter 2, the "Wings of Steel" trophy popped. I must've been shot down there and not know it then. (When you're new to the game, the HUD and visuals can be confusing at first until you figure things out.)

Edited by vinster

On 7/6/2022 at 4:52 PM, vinster said:

Thanks for the grinding tips.

For the "Wings of Steel" trophy (Cleared every mission in the game without ever being shot down), I finished the game on the easiest mode and don't remember being shot down. Some chapters seemed to end like I died or something but that was out of my control. Can someone advise which chapter I may have died or how to ensure this trophy unlocks?

Thanks!

EDIT: I decided to replay chapters starting from the Prologue. After I replayed and finished Chapter 2, the "Wings of Steel" trophy popped. I must've been shot down there and not know it then. (When you're new to the game, the HUD and visuals can be confusing at first until you figure things out.)

Sorry for the late reply! I'm glad to hear that you were able to get the trophy with little trouble! This confirms that the trophy does not require it to be done in one whole playthrough and it can be done by chapter, thanks for the info!

How long does it take to get the Platinum for this game :)?

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

How long does it take to get the Platinum for this game :)?

My estimate would be a good 4-6 hours.

7 hours ago, The7thINFANTRY said:

My estimate would be a good 4-6 hours.

Thank you for the info :).