Nightmare Mode

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Does drowning in water also count as a failed "run", because I've died in a second act and respawned right where I fell? I've completed the whole act after this and got killed in the third one, so I'm not sure if it was some kind of a glitch or the water doesn't count. Already got the platinum, so that's just a technical question. Deadlight is full of glitches, so I may got lucky there. Dying in the 3rd act put me back at the start of it, so I guess it was just a random situation.

Can confirm that drowning in *some* waters do not count as a death, but can't confirm it's valid for all water places that you can die on. 

If anyone is trying nightmare mode, I recommend that you use random videos on YouTube, never speedrun ones. Replicating "normal" players' strategies is way easier and more effective to get this trophy. The game is full of glitches as the last commentary said, and this is the hardest thing to overcome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

Does drowning in water also count as a failed "run", because I've died in a second act and respawned right where I fell? I've completed the whole act after this and got killed in the third one, so I'm not sure if it was some kind of a glitch or the water doesn't count. Already got the platinum, so that's just a technical question. Deadlight is full of glitches, so I may got lucky there. Dying in the 3rd act put me back at the start of it, so I guess it was just a random situation.

I don't know about *ALL* of the water portions, but I'm pretty sure the tutorial one doesn't count since I've died there and respawned soon after

30 minutes ago, Ovatsug09 said:

Can confirm that drowning in *some* waters do not count as a death, but can't confirm it's valid for all water places that you can die on. 

If anyone is trying nightmare mode, I recommend that you use random videos on YouTube, never speedrun ones. Replicating "normal" players' strategies is way easier and more effective to get this trophy. The game is full of glitches as the last commentary said, and this is the hardest thing to overcome.

this game's difficulty comes mostly from the commands, honestly. That roll killed me soooo many times because it would often JUST NOT TRIGGER. Also not gonna miss Act 2.

Edited by GanseySargent

7 hours ago, GanseySargent said:

I don't know about *ALL* of the water portions, but I'm pretty sure the tutorial one doesn't count since I've died there and respawned soon after

The tutorial doesn't count as it's not any act yet. I fell into the water in second Act, in a large room where there are golden gears at the bottom of it and some rafts made from planks. The Rat speaks there about not going outside yet. The previous fails like the spikes (had a problem with that roll not triggering as well, guess you have to use sprint for it) forced me to restart it but not this section. I found it weird but since this game has so many ways to die it wouldn't make a massive difference.

• 3 months later...

so are your upgrades supposed to stick with you in nightmare mode? Died literally one screen away from the end of act 2 because the zombies swarmed me and i only had the default 3 health. This pissed me off, so i deleted the save data and run through the normal game collecting all the stamina and health upgrades again and started a nightmare mode run but im back to the default health and stamina again. Is it supposed to be like this or what?

EDIT: looked at different guides and apparently i wasted my time, as there are no upgrades for the nightmare mode.

Edited by Vern3r0z

• 4 months later...
On 8/31/2023 at 1:31 AM, Vern3r0z said:

so are your upgrades supposed to stick with you in nightmare mode? Died literally one screen away from the end of act 2 because the zombies swarmed me and i only had the default 3 health. This pissed me off, so i deleted the save data and run through the normal game collecting all the stamina and health upgrades again and started a nightmare mode run but im back to the default health and stamina again. Is it supposed to be like this or what?

EDIT: looked at different guides and apparently i wasted my time, as there are no upgrades for the nightmare mode.

Had the same thought, watched a PC guide and he had full health and stamina, after scouring through the internet I found out that on the Playstation you can't upgrade or take over your progress so you are stuck the whole game with the starting health and stamina 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...